Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave_Lee

Re: cheyenne
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2012, 04:51:49 pm »
I had a Cheyanne 2.
Vacs motors in series. Ive also had a few other portable machines.
With all machines when the vac motor goes, in reality it is the electical brushes that have gone, worn down beyond limits causing damage to the comutator. When this happens there will much sparking, noise and some smoke and the motor will stop. If you switch it back on there may be a short pop or other noise but the motor will not run.
If the vacs are running continuessly but sparking a bit, then it is probably nearing the danger zone and the brushes need changing. If the comutator is not damaged all will be okay on changing the brushes. If it is damaged the brushes could wear down rapidly (in just 30 minutes once for me) and the only solution is a new vac motor.
The Cheyanne though is a very good portable machine, but has its design issues around the vacuum exhaust area.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

tony bish

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2012, 10:11:56 am »
Thanks guys Dave ,John just watched video .Best place to get brushes any ideas .Appreciated .

Dave_Lee

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2012, 04:58:04 pm »
Thanks guys Dave ,John just watched video .Best place to get brushes any ideas .Appreciated .

Look under the list of suppliers on this sites home page.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

tony bish

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2012, 08:23:08 pm »
Guys ,how do you tell if your machine ie this cheyenne is a 2 stage vacuum or a 3 stage vacuum ,in simple terms that is , as if we need to change the brushes I would presume they are different .Yes I know we are showing our ignorance but I fit the things not clean them  ;D,and best place to purchase these brushes....thanks in advance chaps

Mark_Jubb

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2012, 09:42:42 pm »
Guys ,how do you tell if your machine ie this cheyenne is a 2 stage vacuum or a 3 stage vacuum ,in simple terms that is , as if we need to change the brushes I would presume they are different .Yes I know we are showing our ignorance but I fit the things not clean them  ;D,and best place to purchase these brushes....thanks in advance chaps
Count the number of sections that make up the outer casing (the larger round bit)
Woodbridge commercial would probably be as good a place as any to get the new brushes from.
If there isn't enough time to do the job right,  how do we find the time to go back and do it again when the customer is not happy ?   Do it right the 1st Time.
NCCA Member 1399.  Swindon, Wiltshire

tony bish

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2012, 02:12:54 pm »
Thanks Mark ,so presumably that is the only way to tell .Will yry the company you suggested only the brushes are different apparently for 3 stage or 2 stage .As I said before excuse the ignorance but not great with machines as not my thing .Many thanks 

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 05:41:40 pm »
I bought a cheyenne to use when doing hard floors it has great vacuum and a reasonably large tank, however you must remember the waste tank is small and difficult tl clean out especially the filter mesh, it tends to draw water/muck through the vacs, which cause burn out. I have converte the mesh basket to one side giving less chance of taking in dirty water and making it more assessable- keep an eye on the waqste tank it fills very quickely try to ensure minimum foam. after use and when tank is drained let the vacs run for a few minutes to dry out any moisture