This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rosskesava

Re: How many can you clean?
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2012, 01:34:52 am »
Getting faster and fitter. Did 32 today 5 left for tomorrow, catill I can get round the lot in 8 hours, is this asking too much?

Did you know the word 'gullible' has been removed from the Oxford English dictionary?
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

4S Cleaning

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2012, 08:36:37 am »
Getting faster and fitter. Did 32 today 5 left for tomorrow, catill I can get round the lot in 8 hours, is this asking too much?

Did you know the word 'gullible' has been removed from the Oxford English dictionary?

are you familiar with the phrase wined neck in ?

Bit of a troll Ross  ::)

stuart mc

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2012, 08:52:02 am »

ross you under estimate the scottish window cleaner, and the fact we clean council house's where it is entirely possible to do that many in a day ;) one up two downs at the front and two up two down at the back, and we don't muck around scrubbing frames ;D ;)

rosskesava

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2012, 09:27:46 am »
No, I don't know the phrase wined neck in and I thought we were talking about 3 bedroom semi's.  ???
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Halfadaylee

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2012, 09:39:56 am »

Stu, if they are that small what do they pay?
For a newish starter to say 32 done is unbelievable on the face of it, but then if they only £3. To £5. You would need to do 30 to 40 a day to make it worthwhile.
You guys need a large client base.
Art

4S Cleaning

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2012, 05:05:24 pm »
I am a new starter & they are mostly £3.50 , in the 32 I did yesterday I had 3 flats the rest were upstairs downstairs with two only getting the fronts done, I'm sorry if my working ethic is much better than some doubters on here , but why would I make it up ffs, went out today did the rest plus a walk up so six in total mind you three were flats & two were ground floor but one house had a conny did them in 1hr 30mins. 

Scots make better workers  ;)

stuart mc

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2012, 05:24:55 pm »
to be fair to the doubters, the general new starter has very spread out work, but you have taken over a established run,

Art most of my stuff is a £5 upwards and I don't do 32 a day because my work is mixed with say half a day on compact then better priced stuff spread around.

But I fully believe 4S as it is pretty much the norm round my way

trad firm round my way with half a dozen vans each lad gets a list of 40 odd to be done daily priced at the £3.50 £5 mark

4S Cleaning

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2012, 05:53:19 pm »
Yes Stuart, the runs I have are compact, and have been well established for years buy my cousin who has been guiding me over the past few months his help has been invaluable in me starting, they way to pick speed up is not just in cleaning the glass but ladder position, vehicle position, thinking the round before you go out. 
Feck me Stuart imagine the cash we could make down south, but would we get lazy? 

stuart mc

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2012, 05:56:51 pm »
a lot of the houses down south are more awkward mate, I lived all over the south but yes we would make a mint

dazmond

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2012, 10:37:55 pm »
£3-50 -£5-00 per 3 bed semi seems VERY cheap even for my area(the north west)??even my  very compact runs of work i do are priced £6-£10!! :o :o :o.

it must be a slog every day to make even £100 a day?? :( :( :(

best wishes to you all

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

rosskesava

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2012, 11:05:44 pm »
Yes Stuart, the runs I have are compact, and have been well established for years buy my cousin who has been guiding me over the past few months his help has been invaluable in me starting, they way to pick speed up is not just in cleaning the glass but ladder position, vehicle position, thinking the round before you go out. 
Feck me Stuart imagine the cash we could make down south, but would we get lazy? 

I don't know why you'd get lazy working down south or why down here you'd make more money than any one else. It's not like it's a bed of roses of all these huge £50 houses that take minutes and that because your in Scotland that somehow makes a difference. I still get home some days on my knees and when I was trad I had some days when I sometimes struggled to get the ladders on the roof rack at the end of the day.

£3 - £5 though, that is cheap but if it's just a few windows and no frames and close together and all easy access then I guess it's horses for courses but as Dazmond points out, it still must be a slog.

If you'd have said when you wrote 32 houses in 8 hours just what was involved, then I would not have posted about the word gullible. The previous postings were about the standard CIU 3 bedroom semi so it's natural to assume that is what you were referring to.