Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AC Pressure

Communal Cleaning
« on: August 23, 2012, 12:04:58 pm »
At the moment all i do is Pressure cleaning and things are quite slow at the moment.
For some time i have thought about adding another string to my bow in the way of communal cleaning blocks of flats stairways bin areas etc.
Does anyone on here do this and can you advise me on what is required to do this kind of work.

Email me at:  aclarke@acpressurecleaning.co.uk

Blacky

Re: Communal Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 12:50:29 pm »
In most cases this type of service is now carried out by a subsidiary company of the property management. "In house" in other words.

If you do get this type of work please be aware that the competition is fierce and many businesses are willing to work for a loss in the first year order to prove there worth. The second year they try and increase the price after they have proved themselves as excerlant cleaners.

The management know they can get quite easily get a contractor to work at loss and therefore activity seek out the new companys that are trying to prove themselves at a loss.

dmckellar

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 02:56:23 pm »
i priced up a job doing similar for a housing association - prices ranged from 15,000 up to 92,000 for the same contract

i priced it at 28,000 and was quite far out to get the contract. there was no way i could even break even at £15,000 so god knows how someone can do that. it was a year long contract and no guarantee of getting it next time.

depressing

John Reger

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 11:15:52 pm »
92,000!  Wow!

So who pays you in this business model?  Is it the building owners or the tenants?  I am intrigued by the possibilities here, but the competition sounds pretty ugly.
"If music be the food of love, play on."
My guide to the best cheap vacuum cleaners.