This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Old_Master

Re: Reach and vac help needed
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2006, 07:52:15 pm »
Gaza
We first designed and used our prototype high reach vac system just over five years ago on London Underground Stations to remove the build up of fluff and dust from high ledges.
We had two versions at the last Windex show in 2004 a petrol version and a 240 volt model.
We have made several changes  throughout last year.
Glyn

williamx

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2006, 08:06:50 pm »
Whilst I appreciate people want to safe money I would like to point out we have invested hundreds of hours and thousands of pounds developing new products.
To have someone blatently copy what we have developed is not fair nor is it legal.

I spent over a year first thinking about what would be benificial to window cleaners for difficult access or smaller contracts and came up with the concept of a trolley.
I  then spent 1000s of pounds designing - scrapping many protypes until I got it right. Within a couple of years every body has jumped on the bandwagon and now produce trolleys - what annoys me is the one I scrapped were far better than many of the models people are selling a jerry can on a sackbarrow! Their are some good trolleys out their as well!

I will not allow the situation develop again with my vacuum system thats why I went to the trouble of patening many of the componants, it is also covered by intelectual property rights.
What will eventually happen is that I wont bother Ill just do what everybody else does and copy.

Most window cleaners get hot under the collar if someone approaches one of their customers for a £10.00 job but cannot see that by copying products they are doing the same to me and other originators of products.

Rant over

Imagine how the inventor of the wheel feels, he builds the worlds greatest invention, then some joker comes along and buggers it up, by attaching a car to it.   ;D ;D

Old_Master

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2006, 08:32:07 pm »
 ;D  :)

DP

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2006, 09:13:46 pm »
Dave:
The alternative equipment that I sourced would not necessary be any cheaper, its simply a case of being possibly better suited to the particular difficulties that I need to get over.

I am happy to forward on the details.

Glyn:
Not quite sure which way you are coming at this from. The concept of using a vacuum or pressure washer to clean gutters or any high level surfaces is not new. I am therefore presuming your patents are in respect of your equipment only.

The ebay thing has undermined thousands of companies and industries over the last few years allowing people to sell and pirate inferior goods, but has also allowed far more people to create an honest business where it would have not been possible otherwise. There is good and bad in everything.

However again for me this is just about finding the right equipment and on this occasion you may be pleased to know that Omnipole are actually my cheapest option providing the equipment will do the job.

I look forward to having a look.
DP
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

Paul Forster

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2006, 09:43:57 pm »
DP, the job you describe might be better done by hireing a cherrypicker and done using a simple scoop and refuse sacks during early hours when the site is quiet. Just a thought

DP

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2006, 11:40:38 pm »
High Paul
I agree with you, this would be the best way and one I would take without hesitation. However its the client that’s the problem. We already work for them 6 days a week dealing with different tasks.

These works were normally done by their roofing company with various access equipment but apparently it was expensive. It was when I mentioned that it could be done from the ground in conversation that they suddenly became more then interested, in fact almost insistent.

I thought that the sudden interest was perhaps they felt it would be cheaper without the cost of access.

However when we discussed that the communal gutters (between buildings) would have to be done manually they stated that they would not accept the use of cherry pickers.

I now think that they may have insurance issues, or they have experienced an accident at some point, or simply a sign of the times (the least risk).

If we didnt already have a very strong  relationship with them, I may have been less interested, especially with all the other constraints.

One thing I have learnt already is with the absence of equipment on the market, this is a very underestimated service.
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

Dave-mac

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2006, 08:46:25 am »
Glyn
I apologise if my posting was one of those that may have upset you.

I have looked at your systems and they are very good, trying to set up a business is very expensive as everyone appreciates, we all look for cheaper methods for some of the startup.I for one would not turn up at a customers house with a jerrycan on wheels but for some they are happy to do that and good luck to them.

One of your competitors have brought out a vac system for gutters etc but have taken it off the market for redevlepment.

The high cost of the vac and camera system is, in my opinion,not cost effective for a one man band unless you can find a lot of other work for it. Im sure people would eventually end up buying eqipment from the likes of yourself, have you got a lease system in place?

Im only researching at the moment and will probably try something else. I thank yourself for input and all others on the forum including Sarah, DP , DOUG etc
for the input on vacs and gutter cleaning