Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mike roberts

Re: Opinion on startup machine
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2012, 04:08:32 pm »
The hardest thing to do on this forum is know who to take the advice from. When some body asks for advice on something you always get people wiht little or no experience telling you what to do. Here you have several experienced people who have worked from portables up to truckmounts giving sound advice from their experience over a long period of time. Then you have people who have obviously never even seen a truckmount in action giving advice.
Which advice would you take?

Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com

Nice Peter ! What the guy asked for was opinion on a startup machine -  I gave my opinion as its a forum !
 What I didnt realise is only a select few are allowed to answer, What gives you the right to question another persons experience ???

Some ego's on this side of the forum are hilarious

Billy Russell

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2012, 04:33:52 pm »
Mike,
Don't worry about Pete, he's just a know it all

;D ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2012, 06:27:49 pm »
It is entirely possible to go from a start-up situation with a TM. Take the guy who bought the Blazer in a van on ebay recently for just under £5k. If he got himself a good website, did some Adwords, went out leafletting, door knocking and carrying out demos he should easily begin to fill his diary within a short space of time. Derek West did it with ALL new equipment. And £5k to start a business with a machine easily capable of £110k per year is peanuts. Besides being a lot more productive, it gives you a huge advantage in the USP stakes as people (rightly or wrongly) tend to see you as more of a committed professional equipped with the very best kit, whereas we all know it isn't the kit, it's how you use it.

Simon

Rat-race

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2012, 11:08:54 am »
Good day all,

Let me start with thanking everyone who have contributed to my request thread, they are all great advices and food for thought, I also like to apologise on behalf ... as I didn’t intend to cause any fight between the 2 methods/machine users, I was just collecting the opinions, based on the replies it will have to be up to me to make the call on the direction I will take.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect them irrespective of their situations, but I choose on which one to act to.

Simon
I was not really question your price you bought or you are selling the machine for; I only asked coz I wanted to check the spec in the web. I really understand you have done some work on it and I didn’t expect you to do it for free and hence I apologise if I came across questioning the price.

Kind regards

Simon Gerrard

Rat-race

« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2012, 12:29:31 pm »
Rat Race,
No worries, my friend, I hadn't taken offence.

Simon

Thanks, just keeping peace.

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2012, 12:55:31 pm »
If a TM appeared at 5 grand including van ( assuming it all is in reasonable nick - its not going to be new for that price) I would have taken it.
2 1/2 for machine and 2 1/2 for the van seems ok.

That has probably gone so I would go for a triple vac or 2x 6.6 from somewhere. I know which I would go for....
If you have an estate then with any luck things would fit in there for the time being- it does not look professional though, it would do till you could get a van, at least you would know how big a van to get.

God must love stupid people---He made so many.

peter maybury

Re: Opinion on startup machine New
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2012, 07:27:54 pm »
It was a post asking about an opinion on a specific machine but then people without any experience of truckmounts started giving advice on other ways of setting up. There was not anything egotistic about my post at all. The post was not aimed at anybody in particular so why have you specifally taken any offence?
Instead of making childish school boy insults why do you not tell rat race about your personal experience of truckmounts that has prompted you to give him advice on what is fundamentally a very important business decision. When I started I could not afford a truckmount and most truckmounters, life changing decision has been to go that way, their biggest regret is not doing it earlier.
Here is a man who may have the means to start off with that type of equipment and you have got people who have no experience themselves feeling qualified to advise him. There is nothing egotistic about telling him to watch whose advice to take.

Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com