This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Business from the web
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2006, 01:23:43 pm »
FastHosts gives away £30 AdWords vouchers 

solar

« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2006, 09:11:12 pm »
just built our new website www.solarcleaningservices.com

*Chris Browne

« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2006, 09:44:09 pm »
just built our new website www.solarcleaningservices.com

its a nice fast loading site, very well set out,( i presume you have registered it with the search engines, only i couldnt find it ) one thing though its not a good idea to put your site up half finished especially the page where you have the examples of the work you have done so far, its more than likely if you a potential client goes on there now, they will not go back, but look elswhere, dont be to hasty to put it up half finished, it would be a shame on such a well thought out site.

chris

mancharry

« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2006, 10:03:50 pm »
hi mancherry,

i had a report like the one you have just shown done on my site before and it said it was a lot better than that ???

the adress i just gave you was another domain name i have that points to my original site, does this make a difference?
my original site is www.vipcarpetcleaningessex.com would it make any difference if you got the report on that adress?

what sort of listings would you get me for £59 a month?
would you be able to get it listed as it is, or would you need to create a new site from scratch?
I would be better creating a new site. I can't guarantee anything but look at what I did for maidsofhonour.net-- its listed first 3 on all search engines (Google Yahoo Msn Altavista Ask Jeeves etc) for anything domestic cleaner related in bolton. Only just made the carpet cleaning site so will be interesting to see. Made a site for A & J a week ago and now listed top 4 on Yahoo for keywords domestic cleaner, cleaning, cleaners in newcastle or newcastle upon tyne
For £59 you get use of web name, site design & build, hosting, management, search engine optimisation, monthly search engine submission, site counter, £10 google adwords campaign and changes to site every month.
This leaves you to get on with your job and no html or computer jargon to worry about!
contact me via the website www.carpet-cleaning-kent.co.uk if you like.
Peter

« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2006, 11:09:24 pm »
I have just made some changes to my website could members of this forum say whether the text on the pages seems blurred and is hard to read.  Any other comments welcome.
Many thanks,
Arthur

mancharry

« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2006, 09:14:39 am »
Arthur text not blurred on my pc now. Site loads a lot quicker aswell. Looking good!

the red carpet

« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2006, 04:41:58 pm »
arthur,
i had a look on your site the other day and was gonna comment on how slow the text was coming up and that if i was a potential customer i would have just clicked of and gone to another site, and was gonna suggest you change it.

but you beat me to it, it looks loads better good luck with it.

the red carpet

« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2006, 04:51:43 pm »
iv tried having a play about with my site, although i really havent got a clue and im now listing

1st on msn
2nd on lycos
3rd on yahoo
3rd on alta vista

maybey someone who knows there stuff could help me with the meta tags and html etc. for a one of fee?

if anyone is interested in helping me get the most out of my site for a one of fee please let me know.

i allready have the domain name and the site is set up allready, i know how to make any changes to the site myself and i know how to submit to search engines.

but i could do with help with making it more search engine friendly with these meta tags and links etc. this bit i dont understand ???

mancharry

« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2006, 05:23:32 pm »
what are you searching for when you say you are No 1
you need to search for what people will search for ie 'carpet cleaner essex' and see where your site comes up.
Peter

the red carpet

« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2006, 06:15:14 pm »
carpet cleaning essex

the red carpet

« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2006, 06:24:49 pm »
tried typing in carpet cleaner essex and

yahoo 2nd place
lycos not on front page
alta vista 4th place
msn not on front page

mancharry

« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2006, 02:49:17 pm »

yahoo 2nd place
lycos not on front page
alta vista 4th place
msn not on front page
MADE SITE FOR CARPET CLEANER ON SATURDAY AND HE GOT HIS FIRST ENQUIRY MONDAY-DOING JOB NXT MONDAY-3 BED HOUSE
NOT IN SEARCH ENGINES YET BUT WILL BE IN NEXT 3 WEEKS
TO SORT YOUR SITE OUT I WOULD NEED FTP ACCESS CODES- ITS UPTO YOU WHETHER YOU CAN TRUST ME OR NOT-HOWEVER MY WEBBUILDING SOFTWARE MAY NOT BE COMPATABLE WITH YOURS SO MAY NOT BE ABLE TO SORT-
EMAIL ME THROUGH www.cleaner-bolton.co.uk AND WE CAN DISCUSS
PETER

mancharry

« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2006, 09:59:09 pm »
Arthur
site now listed in Yahoo, MSN,Lycos, HotBot, Alta Vista first page top 5.
for
(domestic) cleaner or cleaners or cleaning (in) newcastle (upon tyne)

Should attract even more enquiries now!

mancharry

« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2006, 12:42:31 pm »

yahoo 2nd place
lycos not on front page
alta vista 4th place
msn not on front page
Have a look at this site I just made www.carpet-cleaning-essex.co.uk
just optimised for yor area and submitted to search engines.
Will see in a few weeks where it gets in the search engines.
Peter

the red carpet

« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2006, 09:39:26 pm »
hi peter, i will be watching this site with interest, if and when you do get enquiries i will be willing to take them and pay you a fair commission for any work you supply me so please bear me in mind when they come.

up untill know i have just used my site as a online brochure and have never really tried to generate new work through it.
i would still rather use my own site as my site is personalised to my company and is used as a online brochure.

i guess your site is geared to get inquiries, and mine to try and close them.

please give me your e-mail and i will give you the log in details to my site so you can take a look and let me know if you can help me to optimise mine.

if not maybey i could still use this new site you have set up, i take it its for sale, and just have two sites maybey we could use your site to get me the enquiries and then have a link to mine so they could find out a bit more?

mancharry

« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2006, 10:32:46 pm »
hi peter, i will be watching this site with interest, if and when you do get enquiries i will be willing to take them and pay you a fair commission for any work you supply me so please bear me in mind when they come.

up untill know i have just used my site as a online brochure and have never really tried to generate new work through it.
i would still rather use my own site as my site is personalised to my company and is used as a online brochure.

i guess your site is geared to get inquiries, and mine to try and close them.

please give me your e-mail and i will give you the log in details to my site so you can take a look and let me know if you can help me to optimise mine.

if not maybey i could still use this new site you have set up, i take it its for sale, and just have two sites maybey we could use your site to get me the enquiries and then have a link to mine so they could find out a bit more?

The site can be personalized to your business- all the info on your site can be put on this one- I just do the sites how I think they will attract business, when someone uses it I personalize it to their business- see www.cleaner-london.co.uk and www.beachcarpetcleaning.co.uk
I will contact you via  your site.
Peter

« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2006, 05:44:26 pm »
I would just like to say that today I got another enquiry from www.newcastle-cleaner.co.uk.  In less than two weeks I have received 5 enquiries from Mancharry's website, which he set up for me.

lisa123

« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2006, 04:08:21 pm »
i get some clicks, but not really any enquiries to my website. what can i do?

MrsMeredith

« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2006, 04:17:46 pm »
My website has only been "live" since Monday 6th February 2006 and surprisingly have had over 450 hits and plenty of enquiries coming in just after 1 local newspaper ad, fliers are being done this week too.

Tracey.

lisa123

« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2006, 04:37:00 pm »
i like your website.
i put out 600 leaflets on friday, had 1 phone call, going to survey on weds.
i got some people ringing me about commercial lately. Its only been this past week though. And some moving in cleans 3-4 weeks time.
I'm advertised all over the place. I need to get more leaflets out i think, or people in my area aren't thinking about cleaning at the moment wih this drab weather.