This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark1

Re: Business opportunity - your advice please
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2004, 04:01:27 pm »
if buying work from some one how can you be sure he hasnt sold it to another 3 wc already ??? :o ??? :o

STEVE71163

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2004, 04:18:16 pm »
Hi Mark
          If Craig could do 8-9 jobs an hour like you he would probably only need to work one morning a week ;D ;) ::)

Steve

wrighty

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2004, 04:28:25 pm »
steve,

thanks for that, on their website it shows window cleaning rounds for sale at £30,000 as the owner is retireing - what do you think of them - take a look.

Also thank you for all your advice over the last few weeks.

Craig

sham33

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2004, 05:02:35 pm »
Steve, what is window talk  ???

STEVE71163

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2004, 05:22:48 pm »
Its the quarterly magazine from the Federation

Steve

STEVE71163

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2004, 07:52:03 pm »
Here is a link to the NFMWGC website with widow talk sample pages.

http://www.nfmwgc.com/documents/APR03Natfed.pdf

It may be a bit slow loading if you are on a dial up connection.

Steve

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2004, 01:14:07 am »
Hi Wrighty
Just a quick question for you - do you already have a window cleaning round yourself? If so how long have you been at it.
Regards
Mike

wrighty

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2004, 05:48:41 pm »
Mike,

at the moment no.  I was buying a round from my local window cleaner but heis keeping it  for another year so I just clean a few days with him for now but I am going to buy a couple of rounds in the next month with a bit of luck.

Thanks for the catalogue and whats you advice.

Craig

pdhanson

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2004, 01:27:56 am »
wrighty, what ever came of this?  I heard about this round today from a friend.  His dad used to own it!  From what I hear it is all its cracked up to be.

Silly

Simon_King

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2004, 01:21:42 pm »
Craig,
I think £18000 for £2600 per month is well over the top!
If I where you I would continue working with your local window cleaner, learn the ropes, get to know the customers and the round and buy the round next year. I don't know what your finances are but if your getting a loan I would rather pay £120 pcm for a £5000 loan than £500 for £18000. £500 for 3 days work aint bad for us up north!

stevekennedy

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2004, 01:46:17 pm »
Hi Wrighty,

I wouldn't give him more than 3 months turnover. This is the rate for quality residential work in most areas I know. After all, it is very easy to pick up res work in many areas. Adge, one of the members on forum has just started out. He went out canvassing for one evening (100 doors) Got about £90 of monthly work. If he sold that for 3 times that would be worth £270  :o. Not too bad for ONE evenings work  8) So, don't pay over the odds.

Commercial is a different story. 5 or 6 months turnover is more like it. This kind of work takes a lot more effort to accumulate in my experience.

pdhanson

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2004, 07:26:09 pm »
This, however, is no ordinary work.  This work is worth about £300 per day.

18k is about 7 months turnover.  Normally I'd never pay that but in my opinion this is exceptionally good work.

Silly

STEVE71163

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2004, 07:28:53 pm »
I agree with Silly but only if it can be backed up by the accounts showing these earnings :o

Steve

wrighty

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2004, 11:13:50 pm »
Hi,

I am really impressed how you people followed my post up, as you all know I am new but settling in.  In answers to your questions I have not really persued it because I have a family who I dont want to be away from and the other reason was the travelling.  I know it is only a few days a week but it will take its toll on my vehicle and me eventually but I haven't ruled it out completely.  The money I was going to buy the round with is my own so there wold not be any loan repayments but all the same I would not like to lose it.

Any advice you think might help or if you think I should go for it let mme know and again thanks to you all it is a pleasure to participate in a forum like this.

Craig ;)