This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Burbidge

For one manufacturer to take advantage off, its just a focus group....

Which to be honest is no bad thing as could help get the products you need but its hardly some great secret society lol....

Its a bad thing i think. By making it a secret group, psychology makes you wanna join and look and become involved, once you are then you're apart of it and maybe inclined to buy the product you've 'helped develop'. To me its a cynical marketing ploy. The real leaders clean windows, listen to window cleaners and design/come up with the products for them.
 Lee tells us his mag is for window cleaners, independant etc..then defends the use of a PR release with no analyasis as .....i'm just passing on the PR. Well thanks for that , we can and do all get that bumf already.
 Lee tells us the mag is his baby and he wants it to be this and that........when questioned he says...why so personal ?
 I think Lee has a view to creating a great window cleaning mag that showcases all the latest products, developments etc.. Something that any internet savvy window cleaner already has access to, via suppliers websites, cleaning forums etc.. Great online mag, as a paper version its probably a no goer due to cost, as for what the majority of forum users get from it then i'd say hardly any groundbreaking news. But its presented nice and looks well enough, going no where though.
 I would also doubt Lee's sincerity about getting stuff out to the masses as it was only at the release of his online mag that he became involved in any online discussion. And even thats hard to get out of him. There ya go !!

Are you subscribed mikecam? I can not tell since your email address is hidden - contact me at lee@windowcleaningmagazine.co.uk

I'm subscribed mate yeah.         cleanandclearliverpool@gmail.com   

Thanks for your email  ;D

Lee Burbidge

not been on ciu long and had some very good advice and help cant understand why people are always pulling it down

You mean people in here or people you speak to about it outside the forum? It is a good site, just a slog sometimes ( for me, not for you :)

rosskesava

I can't see how posting on a forum is a slog? You either post something or you don't.

I think maybe the 'slog' is when posters seem to think they have to either defend themselves or have a go at others.

As for Lee's on line magazine. How many other window cleaning magazines are there?

I quite admire the bloke for getting it going and pushing it on here. It might be all old hat to some and for others it might be boring but I give him 10 out of 10 for actually doing it and for myself, I don't give a stuff whether it's for profit or not as everything else media wise always has profit written into it. I enjoy reading it.

Going back to the magazine, how many on this forum could do the same?
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

GDwindowcleaning

Fair play to the fella for doing the mag but all the product placement and teasing posts just to get you to the site does get a bit tedious....

I wouldnt want to put all the time and effort in for no return though....

Lee Burbidge

I can't see how posting on a forum is a slog? You either post something or you don't.

I think maybe the 'slog' is when posters seem to think they have to either defend themselves or have a go at others.

As for Lee's on line magazine. How many other window cleaning magazines are there?

I quite admire the bloke for getting it going and pushing it on here. It might be all old hat to some and for others it might be boring but I give him 10 out of 10 for actually doing it and for myself, I don't give a stuff whether it's for profit or not as everything else media wise always has profit written into it. I enjoy reading it.

Going back to the magazine, how many on this forum could do the same?

Phew - your post was like a breath of fresh air. Many thanks for that.

Lee Burbidge

Fair play to the fella for doing the mag but all the product placement and teasing posts just to get you to the site does get a bit tedious....

I wouldnt want to put all the time and effort in for no return though....

I understand what you mean and thanks for the comment.

Its like I said in another thread/post, the money side is not that important to me at this time. The 'product placement' is far from what it is intended to be. It is not me working for the company, I am working for the magazine and the product, what ever it might be, is the newest thing on the market most of the time. Its the job of the magazine to let you guys know about it. Not just this forum but other social media groups and other forums too. Sometimes we are bringing the news first to you! Exclusively :)

My opinion on stuff is not always needed. Consumers make their own choices. I would find it difficult to stay independent as a magazine if I took sides regards companies. We are independent and neutral. I want to stick to that path as best as I can.
However the magazine is full of other window cleaners opinions on products they have used. I think thats more important sometimes.

The teasers are just as easy to explain, If it is a product/press release then the teaser press release is the companies design to naturally build interest. Some of these products are actually eagerly anticipated and it wets the appetite of this group.
The teasers for what is in next months magazine ( for example) works on the same process.

You can not please all of the groups all of the time. Its disappointing one or two have to be upset by a thread they could just as easily ignore.

I contribute a lot to this forum too, which I really enjoy. At the same time as this thread I set up one called 'pricing'. This currently has 28 posts of real incites of how we go about pricing up jobs. It has been viewed 404 times. I also give this forum money for advertising, this in turn supports the forum and its running costs. I am happy to continue this.

I am pleased you like the magazine. I work hard and listen to all suggestions. Fell free to email me any time lee@windowcleaningmagazine.co.uk

Nameless Drudge

Everything you have been posting and everything you are doing and the way you present it tells a story.Its simple to see.
 You now wrongly believe you are superior to the ranks of "on the glass" cleaners,the almost total majority on this site including myself.If you`d ever expressed any humility you might have kept this hidden.

Lee Burbidge

Everything you have been posting and everything you are doing and the way you present it tells a story.Its simple to see.
 You now wrongly believe you are superior to the ranks of "on the glass" cleaners,the almost total majority on this site including myself.If you`d ever expressed any humility you might have kept this hidden.

I went out this morning and did a job for 2 hours, I invoiced them £120.00+vat came back home and started on the magazine again. Not sure what the point your making,  I love being on the tools ( so Im like you then  ;D )

Lee Burbidge

How can you say " You now wrongly believe you are superior'?? I have addressed every point in the last post. Not sure you should be pretending you know what I think because its way off the mark lol
Trouble is this thread is so vast  ( and I have been in it from the start) that you are not going to be able to read all of it ( even if you had the time) so its easy to take parts out and form a different opinion. I get it - Im not offended :)

Lee Burbidge

Sean, if I can help you can email me lee@windowcleaningmagazine.co.uk

Nameless Drudge

Its all right cherry picking and allowing that to make you feel superior but you`ll lose the ability to drudge and then everything will fall apart as you spent too much time stroking the ego with a magazine nobody needs.

Lee Burbidge

Its all right cherry picking and allowing that to make you feel superior but you`ll lose the ability to drudge and then everything will fall apart as you spent too much time stroking the ego with a magazine nobody needs.

Ok  ;D I have pizza waiting......... talk soon   ;D

GDwindowcleaning

Just for the record Lee you dont upset me, I am just offering my opinion....

If it was a magazine nobody needed drudge then no one would read it but many do so fair play to the fella....

Lee Burbidge

Just for the record Lee you dont upset me, I am just offering my opinion....

If it was a magazine nobody needed drudge then no one would read it but many do so fair play to the fella....

;D ;D ;D ;D

LWC Ltd

CIU is a corner of a big ocean I am networking with

You said it well there Lee.
This place looks busy but in reality it's just a small corner of a big ocean.
- for example his thread has probably been read in detail by just a handful of guys.

So don't waste too much time on here - These forums have the tendency to draw you in and waste your time - (like me writing this now)

what you are doing is admirable and its obvious you are passionate about window cleaning.

You've created something - well done. It will require your time and focus to keep it going and improve it.

Your advert is on the site, you've got your mag up and running - but your time is limited.

- Go and DO, keep doing and the threads will start without you.

Just ignore the baloon poppers.

Lee Burbidge

CIU is a corner of a big ocean I am networking with

You said it well there Lee.
This place looks busy but in reality it's just a small corner of a big ocean.
- for example his thread has probably been read in detail by just a handful of guys.

So don't waste too much time on here - These forums have the tendency to draw you in and waste your time - (like me writing this now)

what you are doing is admirable and its obvious you are passionate about window cleaning.

You've created something - well done. It will require your time and focus to keep it going and improve it.

Your advert is on the site, you've got your mag up and running - but your time is limited.

- Go and DO, keep doing and the threads will start without you.

Thank you for that. You know - I am actually going to print your quote off and stick it on my office wall. Thanks again ( what you say is so true )
 ;D

mikecam

Yeah and target the people who think lateral clamps and pole extensions have just been invented. After all, someone s gotta tell 'em !!