This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Cancellation
« on: January 16, 2006, 10:55:54 am »
i have just recieved this cansellation in the post

"Dear MR Morris

I regret to advise you that HMML has decided to change window cleaners

Please issue an invoice covering any outstanding services and adress to ***********

Thank you for your services and we wish you every success in the future
Yours sincerely

I have been doing this account for 7 years and is only a £7.00 job and normally have to wait months for payment.
I phoned them for an explaination as to why but no-one was available to speak to me.

I held on to this job because there soon will be a £40million development  of the harbour and thought i would be first choice for the windows on the development.

I know it is only a small job at the moment ,but it did upset me when i got the letter mainly due to the lack of an explaination.

The harbour is owned by one of the worlds largest private banks "ing"  so i thought i was on to a winner.

Dave

H h20

Re: Cancellation
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 11:03:02 am »
Sorry to hear that Dave,i know exactly what you mean about it only being a small earner but it`s hurts just as much as loosing a bigger job,and i have also hung on to small jobs to get bigger jobs that are under development,chin up Dave as one door closes another one opens,Gaz  ;)

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 11:21:53 am »
Sorry about that Dave , i know it seems unlikely but do you think you were undercut ?

Rich 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 11:25:23 am »
I think it is either down to wfp(started doing wfp on theres 4 months ago)

or they are shoving me out to put a friend on the job with the development coming up.

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 11:29:23 am »
Yes that seems more likely , i have found though that the bigger the company the tighter they are with the money , it goes for domestic too , spose thats how they get so rich .

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Mr. S

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 12:04:56 pm »
It makes u feel bad! Happened to me too.

Talking of the bigger the houses the more tight and penny pinchin they can b....... Last year priced a job and thought after 1st clean gonna b onto nice earner.  I made a grand job with my squeegee, cleaned frames scraped windows etc, collected money. Customers really happy! Course they were happy, they rung me up couple of days later to cancel. I asked why and they said another local company had come out 2 quid cheaper. Makes u sick. But hey I think I know whos cleaning their windows!!!!! Not the best cleaners!!!

dustycorner

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 04:16:04 pm »
On a slightly different note, last year i quoted to clean the windows on a office every 4 weeks alternating insides and outsides. Did the 1st clean everything ok when i went back to do next clean told me don't worry we will contact you , they eventually did about 8 months later at which point i told them my quote was for a regular service not ad hoc and that my price would be triple the normal charge needless to say i didn't clean their windows anymore.

Cheers Mark.

brett walker

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 04:49:04 pm »
Dave,

its all too common for customers to cancel and not give you a honest reason.  The things and lies they come out with instead of telling you the truth are priceless >:(

You give them a good honest service and some of them just treat you like muck  ::)

eg " I dont want my windows cleaning after today "  you ask her why ?  most common one  " my husbands bought a ladder "  whatever ::)  only to find someones doing it a quid cheaper.  Loyal ones always stay with you :)

Honesty costs nothing ;)

Brett

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 06:30:13 pm »
I have prepared this letter for an explaination,as i am not very good with words can anyone improve on this letter and does it sound OK.

The trouble is i am not use to losing  jobs especially without an explaination.

16 January, 2006
Dear Mr """""
We regret that you have had to employ another window cleaning company.
We have been cleaning the windows at """""""""""" for 6 years, so far without complaint. If there was a problem with the standard of our work, we would of rectified any mistakes immediately if we were given the opportunity to do so.
So far we were unaware of any problems
In order for us to improve our service could you please let us know why you had to dispence with our services.

Sincerely,

Roy Harding

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 06:39:37 pm »
Dave

As a thought iif you inclose a self addresed envelope with stamp, also a form with tick boxes that they can tick for reason of cancellation. ie pore workmanship, to expensive  and other reason then have a few line stateing what the reason was.

If you can make it very easy for them, they may reply.

If they have to type a long letter they wont reply.

Roy

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 06:45:30 pm »
Roy

Thanks for the good advice

Dave

Ian_Giles

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 06:52:05 pm »
I have prepared this letter for an explaination,as i am not very good with words can anyone improve on this letter and does it sound OK.

The trouble is i am not use to losing  jobs especially without an explaination.

16 January, 2006
Dear Mr """""
We have been cleaning the windows at """""""""""" for 6 years, so far without complaint. If there was a problem with the standard of our work, we would of rectified any mistakes immediately if we were given the opportunity to do so.
In order for us to improve our service could you please let us know why you had to dispence with our services.

Sincerely,

16 January, 2006
Dear Mr """""
We have been cleaning the windows at """""""""""" for 6 years, so far without complaint. If there was a problem with the standard of our work, we would have rectified any mistakes immediately, given the opportunity to do so.
To date, we have been unaware of any problems in the service we have provided

Your feedback would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

I would have worded it a little more like that, someone else on here might be able to hone it a little more for you.

I like Roy's idea too, that's a good one ;)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

busydaffodil

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2006, 07:00:19 pm »
Dear Mr ???

In reference to your letter dated ??????, I would be grateful if you could supply me with more details.

I have been (their Company name here) Window Cleaner for 6 years and I had assumed my service was both reliable & efficient.      I was therefore very shocked to receive your letter stating that you had decided to employ another window cleaner : thereby terminating your contract with me. 

Obviously I now have concerns and would welcome some feedback and would be grateful if you could explain the reasons for this change.  The sole reason I ask is to study your opinions and to  re-evaluate my work and customer services.     You assistance would be of great help to me.

As requested, I enclose my final Invoice. 

Additionally, should you require any further quotations for work needed, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr David St Ivel Cream

Just sommat I penned quickly.  Not sure if it will do?

Also, and this is just my opinion, to ask them to tick boxes already designed by you is giving them their excuse.

EG
1   Too expensive        YES  NO
2   Work not to Satisfaction    YES    NO

It would be like putting their answers in your questions.  Let them give their honest opinion IF they reply.

This is just my opinion & of course, someone will come along with a better one shortly.

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 08:11:53 pm »
Dear Mr Prat,

Reference:

A.   Your letter dated XX Jan 06.

We have cleaned your windows for several years without complaint, yet I received Reference A and find my services have been terminated without explanation.

I know where you park your car, I know where you work, I know where your wife works, and most of all I know where you live.

I think you should contact me; now!

Yours faithfully,

(Signature goes here)

D IVES

P.S Only joking!

Ben Walker

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 08:30:50 pm »
Dear Mr """""
Since I have just been given a contract to clean the new harbour development near to your property i am therefore keen to remain in a good light with my customers.

Your feedback would therefore be appreciated.

Regards 

might produce something?   ;D ;)

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2006, 08:57:37 pm »
I bet 100 to 1 that you wont even get a reply.

You charged £7.00 Dave.  I would get a mate to give them a call or even better pop in. Offer to their windows at a fiver. If the job is offered then you have your reason.

To send a letter to them asking for reasons for cancellation is a wrong move in my opinion. Its actually putting them in a position of strength to give you something negative as a reason. They can invent any reason they like and actually imparts the impression that you may doubt your workmanship/service in some way. If you are happy with the quality of work and service that you gave.. which I have no doubt was first class.

I bet you its price. You can easilly find that out.

Chin up mate.. move on and let it go.

GO GET the work from that 40m development :)

Cheers

Andrew

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 09:01:47 pm »
It is the same company who are doing the development and i dont think it is price because £7.00 is nothing to them or nothing to do with the quality of my work.

KJG

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 03:48:30 pm »
Don't bother with a letter. Even if they do reply, unlikely, you'll just get the standard reply blaming current financial situation blah blah.

Send this bum job a quote from a made up company to do the dump for £3.25. Hopefully, they'll bite your "fake" hand off, cancel on the other firm and wait for the bogus you to NEVER turn up.

Mike_G

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 05:12:27 pm »
I had that on my biggest job last year, 9 years without a single complaint then a letter through the post your services are no longer required. 

Fast 1 *

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2006, 05:30:41 pm »
dear mr.........it appears that you no longer want me to clean your windows,so i have made a decision to smear dog excrament on all your windows and hire a fully trained sniper to exterminate all your employees.As i write this letter,your house is being demolished by an irish groundworker,who kindly done it for a can of special brew.If you would like further work done,do not hesitate to contact me.yours faithfully.............
wildstyles