Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

david_claxton

Cinema seats x 343
« on: May 23, 2012, 06:24:25 pm »
Hi,
I've been asked to quote foe the cleaning of 343 cinema seats split over three screens (102, 198 and 43). They're in good condition but they want them cleaned using HWE. Each one has a seat and a back but both the seat and back have about a three inch depth which will need to be done as well. I'm not sure how to price this. Has anyone cleaned cinema seats before and does anyone have an idea of how much they would charge. It should be possible to stagger it over a few days without any evening or night work.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Carpet Dawg

Re: Cinema seats x 343
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 06:48:23 pm »
Charge alot!! You'll soon be glad you did!  ;D

It's back breaking work doing that volume of upholstery work in a tight area. Specialy when you cant move the seats about to a better postion. Lightening will also be a problem, as the lights in a cinima even at max anit that bright.

Do they need it done for a set time period? Have you mentioned to them the drying times when using HWE method? If you are going to use HWE i just bring a friend to help out with water fetching and also one or two airmovers to aid in drying times and to cool you down!

I suggest you offer them a dry foam method of cleaning. Sell them the benefits of quick drying.

I've done it twice and never again.

Good luck.

Tony

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 06:54:24 pm »
As for what to charge, I'd suggest doing the screen with 198 in one day then, screen 102 and 43 on another day. Either charge them day rate or work out how long it'll take you and decide on an hourly rate that you want to achieve.

I've done over 500 seats in one day on my own, so it is possible to do the whole lot in one day. But as I said it takes alot longer than you think!

Paul Moss

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 07:30:49 pm »
500 in one day   :o wow i thought i was a fast worker. If you took only one minute per seat that would be a straight 8 hours none stop  :o

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 07:36:41 pm »
Paul, it was 8am till 9pm!!!  ;D that was my own cockup up though, I promised too much. Got it done by the deadline though!   :P

david_claxton

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 08:31:21 pm »
Ha, Tony, that's what I thought when I saw it, and the lighting isn't good. Using a TM is gonna require some airmovers as I think they're used regularly (it's one of these arty cinema places). I think I need to put a per chair rate in and was thinking of £3.00 each 'cause the sides are fine. What are your thoughts given your previous experience?

Paul, nice maths.
Thanks,
Dave

AshWhite

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 08:43:08 pm »
Ha, Tony, that's what I thought when I saw it, and the lighting isn't good. Using a TM is gonna require some airmovers as I think they're used regularly (it's one of these arty cinema places). I think I need to put a per chair rate in and was thinking of £3.00 each 'cause the sides are fine. What are your thoughts given your previous experience?

Paul, nice maths.
Thanks,
Dave

"arty" as in 'bring your own Kleenex'? 'Cos I think I'd have to charge double if that were the case..
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 08:47:59 pm »
£3 a chair is a good price, thats £1,029 for a couple of days work or one day if your a nutter like me! lol

If you really want the job round it down a bit. Show them them costings then tell them your giving them a bulk discount.

Have you done work for them before? Do you have a low mositure hand tool?

A truckmount will save alot of time filling and empting.

david_claxton

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 08:48:27 pm »
Not quite. More those films that no one normal goes to see. Ones with ballet, and opera, and period costume rather than ones with guns, explosions, hostages and fast cars.

Paul Moss

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 08:50:11 pm »
David, 3 quid would be the lowest, in the past ive done them for between 3 and 10 quid a chair. Again dependant on condition,access, if there bollokst charge a tenner if there dead easy then three quid. Dont forget you can always multi price and i sometimes do that as they will only want you to clean certain chairs because of there condition. So the really bad ones i charge a tenner and then a lower price for the less grotty ones.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 08:50:23 pm »

Paul, nice maths.
Thanks,
Dave

"arty" as in 'bring your own Kleenex'? 'Cos I think I'd have to charge double if that were the case..

Enzall is great on protein stains!  :-X

david_claxton

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 08:51:19 pm »
Tony, not done any work at this place before. I will use your figures...ish and see what happens. Thanks for your help.
Dave

david_claxton

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 08:52:26 pm »
Sorry, I meant Paul.

david_claxton

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 08:53:37 pm »
Ha, and Tony

peter maybury

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 09:02:21 pm »
I have done lot of cinemas over the years and there are a lot of advantages in as much as you do not have to move the chairs or anything whereas if you were doing 500 banqueting chairs you would spend as long moving them around as you would cleaning them. Also because they are rigid they are erasy to work on. The largest cinema we worked on was 3500 seats. With a truckmount you should be able to do the lot in a long shift and £3 per sesat would give you a good rate. As for backbreaking work, this is what we do is nt it ! Go in expensive and never do any work good advice? From past experience the majority of cinemas have cleaner in through the night so this is when most would want it doing. This is part and parcel of contract work it should be no surprise. I would rather do one long shift than waste timer travelling and setting up to do multiple visits. I would price the job at 50 p  per seat extra for an additional visit, this give them a choice. If they do not want complete auditoriums cleaned then price it a lot higher so that it is attractive to have them all done. If you wanted to rent one of their auditoriums from them it would cost the same no matter how many people turned up.

Peter
wwwcarpetcleanercardiff.com

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 09:06:32 pm »
wow, what a bawbag  ;D

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 09:37:09 pm »
I would go in at £5.50 per seat, this gives you room to show a discount if required to get the job. You will have abit of room for negotiations and if sold right you will get the job.

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 10:25:28 pm »
And get yourself a couple of site work lamps.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

david_claxton

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 11:31:53 am »
Thanks everyone for your feedback.
Dave

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 08:32:14 pm »
Done loads of these. I wouldn't extract them. Takes too long.