This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomCrowther

rubber washer in fsc jet
« on: April 22, 2012, 07:13:47 pm »
Hi All, I got the FSC out to clean a drive yesterday morning and when I fired up the pressure washer, one of the jets was blocked on the FSC. Managed to get the nut off after a bit of swearing and it was a bit of rubber washer stuck in the hole.
My question is, where could this washer have come from? Might it have come from inside the pressure washer?
It seemed to work fine after, maybe a bit noisier than normal  :-\

Matt Gibson

Re: rubber washer in fsc jet
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 08:45:06 pm »
It might have come from the pump. what pump is it? I know the interpumps have rubber seals around the base of the valve. i serviced my pump the other day and 3 of said seals were in bits. not sure if they could make it through the pump. though they went somewhere cause the bits were missing.

M W.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 09:20:04 pm »
HAVE YOU QUICK RELEASE COUPLINGS, IM FOREVER RENEWING THE O RINGS IN THE FEMALE COUPLING @ THE LANCE AND @ THE WATER INLET, THE O RINGS/WASHERS ALL TEND TO PERISH JUST A THOUGHT.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 10:03:12 pm »
HAVE YOU QUICK RELEASE COUPLINGS, IM FOREVER RENEWING THE O RINGS IN THE FEMALE COUPLING @ THE LANCE AND @ THE WATER INLET, THE O RINGS/WASHERS ALL TEND TO PERISH JUST A THOUGHT.

good call

BDCS

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 10:15:35 pm »
If it is as said a washer ? Do you mean a piece of o ring ?

TomCrowther

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 09:08:46 am »
Hi BDS, yes it is a bit of o ring. Sorry, should have been more accurate in my description.

trevor perry

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 05:10:44 pm »
if its not from a quick connect coupling is it from inside the whirlaway itself check to see if  the whirlaway still working correctly now the jet has been cleared
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

TomCrowther

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 06:17:01 pm »
It seemed to work ok after I removed it. Cleaned the drive anyway  :) It may not have been as smooth as normal though.