This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Timmy Boy

An interesting question
« on: January 11, 2006, 09:38:53 am »
Hi all
We have been cleaning a large distribution centre for over a year now and we get on very well with the site contact. The site is 10+ years old & needs some TLC.
She phoned me the other & said that they have won a new contract for the distribution centre & now can afford to do up the place. Great!
She has now asked me what flooring I would recommend which will last in the toilet areas. At first I thought ceramic tiles but I have seen urine discolour tiles and they do hold the smell. I then thought vinyl, but that can look bad after a while, particularly as these loos are used 24/7. I then thought of altro but the toilets lead straight from a dusty warehouse, so this will be high maintenance.
Anyone got any ideas on the best sort of flooring to recommend
Thanks
Tim

dustycorner

Re: An interesting question
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 10:49:39 am »
Hi Timmy,

Why not try Antico flooring, believe it is hard wearing, but easy to clean

Cheers Mark

CMS

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 12:07:49 pm »
Aultro flooring is great.

However, if the toilets are actually in the warehouse area rather than in office areas (and are used by drivers/warehousemen etc.) why not consider concrete painted with the proper floor paint.

Easy to clean but more importantly easy to repaint every few months.

martin19842

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 01:30:23 pm »
hi there,

amtico i wouldn't recommend, too pricey and wont stand the traffic.

Altro Safety flooring, used in all hospitals, and is specified the world over.

exellent floor, bit of a pig to maintain,  but you'll then get the floor maintenace contract aswell, of scrubbing it.

dont seal it. though

regards

martin

Fox

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 04:21:59 pm »
Thermo plastic tiles - cheap for the client, hard wearing and easy to clean  ;D

premier floorcare

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 04:24:42 pm »
always go for safety floor in wet area's

Timmy Boy

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 04:39:03 pm »
Thanks for the response guys, I was going to recommend painted floor like CMS suggests but I can also see the reality being altro as that is what the H&S world now demands. I don't particularly like altro especially in dirty enviroments such as a distribution centre warehouse as it soon looks grubby and can only be cleaned properly mechanically.
I shall go back to the client and put forward the ideas.
Regards
Tim

CMS

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 04:51:19 pm »
As daft as it sounds, if you want a non slip, safe, painted floor. Chuck a handful of sand into the paint!

Trust me it works and looks great as long as you mix it well to ensure an even distribution of sand.

Timmy Boy

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 06:27:33 pm »
I must admit we clean another site that has  a painted floor (yellow in colour)and it looks the business before & after we have cleaned it. I shall suggest the paint idea with a bit of sand in!!
Regards
Tim ;D