This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mike roberts

Re: driveway clean and weather
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 09:22:14 am »
Hi guy thanks for y,our replys just another question once you have cleaned the driveway how long do you have it seal it ,  the customer wants it sealing i cleaned the driveway on wed and fingers crossed it looks a good day tomorrow but if i dont because of the weather and the week ahead does not look to good so it could be the week after.

cheers Gavin

Thats the golden q ... depends on numerous factors.. drainage, south facing ... blah blah during the summer we would leave a drive atleast 48 hrs for the blocks to dry adequately, we have still had cases during resand that the moisture is drawn up and had to leave them longer. PICs drives, we have sealed same day but that it totally different ball game.

M W.

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 08:19:08 pm »
Sealed a large drive yesterday existing custy ... really lucky with the weather! 
As Roger said need to be carefull with min temps at night as it can damage seal whilst it is still curing ..

We try to avoid sealing due to the headaches caused by the weather ......

I try to avoid sealing all together as sealants are crap and don't last. Although I've got 3 driveways to seal this week!  :-\
I've been overpricing them this year as I can't be doing with the headache of going back to sand and seal them around the weather and other work booked in.
spot on. lost mega bucks through sealing over the years. there all poope as i tell the custie. clean/sand walk.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 08:41:50 pm »
At Last 1 deck completed now only 3 to go, the is the wettest drought I have ever known  >:(

mike roberts

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 08:52:19 pm »
At Last 1 deck completed now only 3 to go, the is the wettest drought I have ever known  >:(

2mw looks good  :P

Roger Oakley

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 08:59:08 pm »

2mw looks good  :P

Sorry Mike don't do text speak?

mike roberts

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 09:04:53 pm »
At Last 1 deck completed now only 3 to go, the is the wettest drought I have ever known  >:(

2mw looks good  :P

Sorry Mike don't do text speak?
Sorry old chap... The weather looks absolutely splendid tomorrow  ;D ;D especially if you are a duck! (almost spelt that wrong!)

Heavy rain all day with a mix of hail  :o

Roger Oakley

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 10:21:03 pm »
I know rain all day by all accounts, In St John's Wood starting another deck and climbing frame.
Looks like it will have to join the list, as for getting finished  :(

BDCS

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 10:39:19 pm »
I've got two bulk oxy vessels to clean in a Hospital tomorrow - it won't affect me.

M W.

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2012, 08:30:24 pm »
So you go back to jobs atleast 3 times.... To use a sealer on block paving which offers no stabilisation is frankly a waste of time cheap acrylics would do a better job if they are applied to the letter weather conditons prefect ....well laid drive blah blah .... hence previous comments from the other guys

How do you sell that seal to a customer ? Does it help inhibit weed growth? er no... But it helps protect the block if you spill on it (but not the sand )  ;D

I normally go back once to sand as I try to seal on the day of cleaning if it's not raining.  I also want to make it clear we do very few domestics these days because we found that we needed to book up 3 or 4 in a street minimum to make any economical sense of it and then customers used to moan and say things like "Why are we paying you so much"  You have only been here 2 hours.  Pressure washing these days is just an add on for us to large restoration works.  Everyone is entiltled to their opinion about sealing but if it is treated as an add on extra it pays well and prevents deep staining and aids ongoing cleaning.

kev i dont understand, how can you go back to sandafter sealing, also what sealer are you using to seal the same day as cleaning. cheers mal

Kev Martin
Marble Life Ltd

Roger Oakley

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2012, 08:42:31 pm »
All up to date at long last, finished of 5 decks this week, (sanded & oiled) plus other work that was booked in.
Hope this bloody weather sorts it self out, we have Wimbledon starting in a couple of weeks so need the dry weather, all decking sand & oil.