This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Twc services

Invoicing ?
« on: April 12, 2012, 06:23:04 pm »
How do you guys keep records of money taken i use george but my accountant rekons i have to write a seperate invoice for every house which is doing my head in. Cant i just keep the daily worklist and tick the paid ones ?

Thanks

PurefectWindowCleaning

Re: Invoicing ?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 06:25:48 pm »
Thats how we do it...

Twc services

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 06:44:49 pm »
What just keep the sheet or write out invoices for each house ?

Thanks

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 07:06:31 pm »
Just a book with each customer written in, and whether they paid or not for each month. Then just totalled up each month.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 07:08:33 pm »
Use George, there's even a report that say Payments List.

All we do is print off a Period Summary for each days work and a Finance Report at the end of each week and one for the year end.

If you tell your accountant you want to work on a cash accounting system this means that you only pay tax on what payments you have received and not on the work done, this makes it easier if you have to write off any bad debts.

steve rix

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 07:10:34 pm »
My accountant told me this, told him no can doo!! Just record on a sheet jobs done, owing or paid for and give him the lists once a month

Erithwc

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 09:13:23 am »
all i do is keep a record on excel with what i take each day cash, cheque, paypal & bacs

Do you really need to keep a record of each job cleaned  ??? or just the days takings overall  ???

My accountant has not told me to do it any different.

Paul

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 09:17:44 am »
same as ian rochester!its very simple when you have a window cleaner software program like george systems.my advice would be to buy it.its only £50 with a £12 a year internet backup fee!!

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

SB Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 11:08:15 am »
I use george too...

I just print out payment lists, it has customer name,address,payment details.

Tomboler

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 01:18:54 pm »
same as ian rochester!its very simple when you have a window cleaner software program like george systems.my advice would be to buy it.its only £50 with a £12 a year internet backup fee!!

best wishes

dazmond
same as daz and ian here - simple as - best £50 spent on george - you boys that use diaries are amazing  :o

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 05:40:46 pm »
What I do is just keep a daily, monthly and yearly record of each job done on a spreadsheet.  I also set the spreadsheet up to record daily income without the finer details as my accountant only wants the dates and numbers without the other details.  I print off the details once a year.  Doesn't take long really.
As for jobs that do require printed invoices, I keep a record of those on a separate database. I have a mailmerge document in a word processor that prints these off. A bit clunky to set up and a little top heavy to maintain.  It's fine once you get used to it though.
Also, as the work is often repeated in a similar sequence, it's usually possible to copy & paste from one part of the spreadsheet to another and just make any alterations after doing it (e.g. insert extra job, remove a job that was done last time but not this time etc.).

H20cleaning

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 11:06:20 am »
I am the same Paul I'm only 19 found lots of worksheets to confusing so got my dad to make me a spread sheet for work done monthly then copy and paste it to each month and add or remove jobs of needed, he set it up so it works out the formulas automatically to:)