This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mikecam

Re: SLX vs CLX
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 11:31:19 pm »
SLX much more rigid at height, I went back to an 18ft clx to do a gutter clean after using a 25ft SLX normally, I honestly felt that the CLX was going to snap, and that was the 18ft... :o

You can totally tell the difference when you're at an awkward angle, i.e. over a conservatory at say 45 degrees. Great bit of kit. 8)

What you got on the end of it?

Window Washers

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 11:59:39 pm »
i have both a CLX 22 and an SLX 30.

i use the CLX all the time and the SLX only when i have to.  i am far far happier with my CLX and find the extra whip useful at times.  it also feels like a far lighter pole to me.  i also find the shorter length of the sections a lot easier to clean around the house, as its more manoeuvrable.

even after last week when i had to use my SLX all day everyday, i didn't like it and was happy only when my CLX was repaired again.

Richard, slx hands down is a better pole than a clx but with a cost attached, clx are great poles dont get me wrong my guys use these and I did first to see if they where ok (which they are), great pole for employees or people not wanting to shell out for an slx as i understand they are a little more expensive, but clx being better = no chance in a million years
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Dylanb

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 12:26:43 am »
I now have a supermax 40 as my only pole.

Bought end caps 4,5,6 and 7 for it so in effect I have an slx20,25,30 & 35 at my disposal.

It spends most of it's time with cap 4 on(slx20)

Amazing pole and gives me so much flexabilty(not in the wobbly sense!).

I have the hose cut at around 25ft, the rest pushes on with a JG coupler when needed.

Mostly use the 10" carbon gooseneck which is amazing. Also got the swivel neck which has made some of my tricky jobs a breeze, its also great for conny roofs

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 07:54:15 am »

i use the CLX all the time and the SLX only when i have to.  i am far far happier with my CLX and find the extra whip useful at times.  it also feels like a far lighter pole to me.  i also find the shorter length of the sections a lot easier to clean around the house, as its more manoeuvrable.

even after last week when i had to use my SLX all day everyday, i didn't like it and was happy only when my CLX was repaired again.

Maybe if your CLX and SLX were both 22' you would feel differently Richard.

Exactly!

I have an Xtreme 48 but much prefer my SLX 25 for domestic work! ::)

p1w1

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2012, 08:21:33 am »
Well ill get slated for this but I personal think the clx is rubbish as already said still way to flexible budget pole or not on the other hand the slx is top class

Paul Coleman

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2012, 09:09:19 am »
My take on it is that you wouldn't expect BMW performance when you've paid for a Ford Fiesta.
Having said that, I have used quite as few different poles from Gardiners and the CLX 27 is fine for most purposes.  It might get a bit whippy at two floors above ground but I find it totally usable.  If using it at an awkward angle, if the full length of the pole is not required, I don't extend the sections out fully.  This counteracts much of the whippy effect - a positive side effect is that it will also possibly increase the pole's lifespan if not clamping on the same part of the section constantly.  It's a pole that will allow my SLX to last much longer.
Also, sometimes the bend in a CLX is actually helpful.  I can think of a few of my jobs where a more rigid pole would make it trickier.  Mainly when bridging over the ridge of wide conservatories.  The bend allows me to access the bottom of a window beyond the ridge more easily.  Also, I have one particularly difficult, very large, job where some windows can only be accessed by sliding the pole between a wide concrete beam and the building.  I need a bit of bend to achieve this (hard to explain but if you saw it you would understand more easily).  A more rigid pole would be a struggle on these windows.
As value for money goes, the CLX 27 is the best I've come across with it's compromise between cost, rigidity/whippiness and general weight.  However, it is a good idea to have an all carbon pole too.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 07:32:51 pm »

Maybe if your CLX and SLX were both 22' you would feel differently Richard.

possibly yes.  i'd like the chance to compare like for like.  not going to pay the extra for that privilege though!
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2012, 07:37:04 pm »

SNAP! I have the same poles but as KS says I would love a SLX22...Next purchase I think.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2012, 08:19:57 pm »

SNAP! I have the same poles but as KS says I would love a SLX22...Next purchase I think.

Just remove one or two base sections from the 30ft SLX. ;)

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2012, 08:23:10 pm »

i would but i cant do without my longer pole for a day!  maybe bob will lend me his and i can pull that apart  ;)
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2012, 08:44:48 pm »

i would but i cant do without my longer pole for a day!  maybe bob will lend me his and i can pull that apart  ;)

Yeh same situation as Richard Winpro, need the bigger pole on too much of a regular basis to be messing about like that....Basically I want a SLX22  ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 10:19:54 am »
i was about to buy a clx - but i may plumb for the slx now...

we shall see!

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 04:41:08 pm »
I understand people are on a budget, but I've had my SL-X for 4 years now, I use it for 99% or more of my work. It's still going strong. Multiply your yearly turnover by 4 or 5 and you'll see that the cost of a pole is insignificant. Stronger, lighter, faster, SL-X.

( My word, I should work for Gardiner Pole Systems marketing dept.  :D )