This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Burbidge

Re: When Ionics met WCM
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 06:16:47 pm »
still dont understand why they call them 21 foot poles or whatever length when they actually are not

I must admit I mentioned this to Richard from Ionics. See, when I buy a pole I naturally assume a 21 foot is the actual height. Some companies including Ionics use the height as a marker when holding and count your body height in. Im not too sure why, but well pointed out.
Its important to ask your pole supplier if the height stated is actually the height of the pole.

I am  :-X

But like I said they are not the only company that does that. And Im not too sure why it is like that.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 06:35:32 pm »
still dont understand why they call them 21 foot poles or whatever length when they actually are not

I must admit I mentioned this to Richard from Ionics. See, when I buy a pole I naturally assume a 21 foot is the actual height. Some companies including Ionics use the height as a marker when holding and count your body height in. Im not too sure why, but well pointed out.
Its important to ask your pole supplier if the height stated is actually the height of the pole.

I am  :-X

But like I said they are not the only company that does that. And Im not too sure why it is like that.

Its obvious Lee they take us for mugs and are mis-selling products and by "they" i mean any company that sells poles this way.

It would be like going to a sweetshop to buy 1/2lb of sweets and getting home and realising the bag weighed 1/8lb.

not the best illustration but its all ive got on a sunday evening after a large chinese.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

LWC

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 08:05:16 pm »
I would get locked up if I started rocking like that in someones front garden lol!

This cracked me up  ;D

rosskesava

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 08:07:23 pm »
On the Ionics website they list the length of the pole in feet but it's extended length in metres. So a 32 foot pole extends to 8.54 metres.

8.54 metres is 28 foot and not 32ft.

So you'd be buying a pole that's advertised as 32 foot that's 28 foot long. The reason Ionics give is one thing but to list their poles as X length in feet but with the extended length in metres is to my mind, deception.

If both lengths were given in feet then I'd accept it but as it is.....
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

stuart mc

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 08:14:00 pm »
write to watch dog or whatever pishy programme covers this

supernova77

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2012, 08:29:18 pm »
anyone else spotted all the problems within this video.  Shocked

One I noticed was the guy from Ionics saying not to use your arms, its all in the hip movement... And then straight after using his arms  ???

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2012, 09:43:11 pm »
ditto  ;D

trevor perry

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2012, 10:24:50 pm »
has there been any recorded cases of RSI using poles the reason i ask is i train doing endurance lifting that involves the same action with heavy weights for hundreds of reps the guy who started this way of training has some interesting thoughts on RSI, when he first started training he was advised by a doctor friend that training the way he did would wear out his shoulder joints and cause RSI but his reasoning on the subject was that his shoulders arms and joints etc where made of the same substance as his ankle joints yet your ankle joints dont wear out from walking no matter how many times you use them in fact it can make them stronger so why should his shoulders and arms, he does believe that running are heavy impact movements can effect joints but that isnt the case if using a WFP as it is a smooth action with no impact, this same guy gets up each morning and does upto 1000 sqauts without stopping and yet his knees are still in great shape, by the way he is now 63 years old and has done these actions for well over 30 years, so my question is what really causes RSI and if we arent to use our arms and rock instead then surely if it is the repetitive movement that causes RSI will you not now get RSI in the hips ???
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 10:30:40 pm »
has there been any recorded cases of RSI using poles the reason i ask is i train doing endurance lifting that involves the same action with heavy weights for hundreds of reps the guy who started this way of training has some interesting thoughts on RSI, when he first started training he was advised by a doctor friend that training the way he did would wear out his shoulder joints and cause RSI but his reasoning on the subject was that his shoulders arms and joints etc where made of the same substance as his ankle joints yet your ankle joints dont wear out from walking no matter how many times you use them in fact it can make them stronger so why should his shoulders and arms, he does believe that running are heavy impact movements can effect joints but that isnt the case if using a WFP as it is a smooth action with no impact, this same guy gets up each morning and does upto 1000 sqauts without stopping and yet his knees are still in great shape, by the way he is now 63 years old and has done these actions for well over 30 years, so my question is what really causes RSI and if we arent to use our arms and rock instead then surely if it is the repetitive movement that causes RSI will you not now get RSI in the hips ???

Great post TP

Window Washers

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2012, 12:01:44 am »

Great post TP
I second that  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 08:00:37 am »

Very interesting, I smell a good article here. I will look into this. Good post!

Neil Gornall

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 08:55:36 am »
When he kicked the pole at 1.42min I was waiting for it to fall on the customers car.

If I caught any of my lads leaving a pole like that I would not be happy.

Extended, Un secured and on brick work?  Not a good idea!

trevor perry

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 08:59:21 am »

Very interesting, I smell a good article here. I will look into this. Good post!
lee if you want more info on this i will give you the background of the guy and what he says in his book there could also be an interesting aspect to this training and how it can help window cleaners
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

andyM

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 09:15:35 am »
Thats interesting Trevor.
Im surprised that fella you mentioned has not got some joint or cartilage problems from doing 1000 squats a day! Maybe he is an anomaly.
Different movements will affect joints in different ways.
A squatting movement would definately affect the flexation of the hip joint and the knees while putting load strain on the ankles.
But getting back to the movements in wfp there is definately a tendency to use arm movement which I think is natural.
But repeated motion does impact the elbow joint, wrist and to some extent the shoulders.
I would of thought the method shown in the video with Ionics would be quite safe to use on the hips because no flexation of the joint is taking place, you are just shifting weight from one leg to the other.  
One of the Plebs

gary999

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 09:51:22 am »
cartilage and other soft materials muscle etc do wear and as you get older
things naturally break down excessive use of certain joints will cause you problems
over long periods of time i dont see many 80 yr olds sprinting around.

unfortunately due to the generally sedinatary life styles people have these days
with crap diets and reduced exercise our bodies dont have whats neccessary to keep
the body healthy and pliant for excessive use over long periods of time,hence rsi
injuries in younger and younger people.

best to keep your self fit eat a good a good diet take suppliments as necessary
especially as getting older. i have  used the rocking motion a lot since i had joint pain
better to spread the impact of the exercise throughout the whole body than just individual
areas such as elbow shoulder and neck joints,since using this method i no longer have any
issues in these areas

BVC

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 10:24:41 am »
GPS must be feeling very smug. ;D

Those poles look a pig. Looks like ionics just bought up all the "reach it" poles that the wannabe alan sugars couldnt shift. ;)

BVC.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 10:30:52 am »
GPS must be feeling very smug. ;D

Those poles look a pig. Looks like ionics just bought up all the "reach it" poles that the wannabe alan sugars couldnt shift. ;)

BVC.

Oooooooh you bitch!  ;D get to work and no samosa today you fat git.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2012, 04:07:56 pm »

lee if you want more info on this i will give you the background of the guy and what he says in his book there could also be an interesting aspect to this training and how it can help window cleaners

Good idea, lee@windowcleaningmagazine.co.uk ;)

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2012, 06:33:19 pm »
Degenerative Joint Disease - Symptoms, Treatment and Prevention
http://www.healthscout.com/ency/416/577/main.html

Just waiting for my operations on hand,already had one done and now been diagnosed with it in shoulder joint....caused by repetative actions ...according to diagnosis reports by orthopeadic & rheumatology consultants at colchester hospital.....

Maybe the old guy is a one off(maybe not one but you know what i mean) as the consultants have said that repetative actions in the workplace account for a lot of this type of injury.....

Window Washers

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2012, 06:35:34 pm »
Degenerative Joint Disease - Symptoms, Treatment and Prevention
http://www.healthscout.com/ency/416/577/main.html

Just waiting for my operations on hand,already had one done and now been diagnosed with it in shoulder joint....caused by repetative actions ...according to diagnosis reports by orthopeadic & rheumatology consultants at colchester hospital.....

Maybe the old guy is a one off(maybe not one but you know what i mean) as the consultants have said that repetative actions in the workplace account for a lot of this type of injury.....
how long have you been window cleaning for ? just interested to see how long it took for your joints to bugger up.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)