This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom White

Re: What should I do?
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 11:19:44 pm »
call the c£$t out kick the living poop out of him and then take his work, if someone did that to me i would do time, its only window cleaning there is more then enough house to go round, if he wants to be like that give him a good f***ing kicking mug

Now behave, post nicely - I know it's Friday evening and you may have had a few shandies - but there's no need to be our forum 'interweb hard man' - be professional and remember that swearing, even in asterix form, is viewed as being naughty.

Thank you for your co-operation.

ben M

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 11:21:42 pm »
call the c£$t out kick the living poop out of him and then take his work, if someone did that to me i would do time, its only window cleaning there is more then enough house to go round, if he wants to be like that give him a good f***ing kicking mug

Now behave, post nicely - I know it's Friday evening and you may have had a few shandies - but there's no need to be our forum 'interweb hard man' - be professional and remember that swearing, even in asterix form, is viewed as being naughty.

Thank you for your co-operation.
+1

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 11:22:59 pm »
I feel bad as it was me that canvassed the work, the muppet rang me and threatened my family just after pat, I rang him back to try and find out what he was ranting about. He just said I had broken the unwritten rule of window cleaning and canvassed his patch and under cut him. The patch thing is an impossible thing not to do as there are window cleaners everywhere. As for undercutting, I NEVER compete on price or undercut, the only people I take on board are those that have no window cleaner or unhappy with the one they have. All fair game in my opinion, its just business. But some muppet threatening peoples families over a few quid is just madness....

Pete10

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 11:27:03 pm »
All the best Pod, tough day, chin up fella.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 11:27:15 pm »
I feel bad as it was me that canvassed the work, the muppet rang me and threatened my family just after pat, I rang him back to try and find out what he was ranting about. He just said I had broken the unwritten rule of window cleaning and canvassed his patch and under cut him. The patch thing is an impossible thing not to do as there are window cleaners everywhere. As for undercutting, I NEVER compete on price or undercut, the only people I take on board are those that have no window cleaner or unhappy with the one they have. All fair game in my opinion, its just business. But some muppet threatening peoples families over a few quid is just madness....

I hope you have called the police too GD?
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 11:29:03 pm »
Not yet mate, will do it in the morning.... The police who spoke to pat have said its important that I do...

ben M

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 11:30:16 pm »
what else did you say to him?

Window Washers

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2012, 11:31:00 pm »
Not yet mate, will do it in the morning.... The police who spoke to pat have said its important that I do...
Do it George, this sort of thing needs stopping it also affects business
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2012, 11:32:16 pm »
Cant repeat what I said to him on here, tosh would tell me off lol

ben M

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2012, 11:33:46 pm »
Cant repeat what I said to him on here, tosh would tell me off lol
lol  ;D

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 11:44:37 pm »
It proper wound me up at the time, what kind of muppet threatens a mans wife and kids over a few quid?

Window Washers

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2012, 11:45:41 pm »
It proper wound me up at the time, what kind of muppet threatens a mans wife and kids over a few quid?
an insecure one
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2012, 11:56:08 pm »
Its starting to make me smile now I have calmed down, how am I or anyone else for that matter supposed to canvass or leaflet for new work? Every street has a window cleaner so its always someones patch. I regularly knock on window cleaners doors and they have always been absolutely fine....

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2012, 12:14:05 pm »
The police in this country are useless...

Pete10

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2012, 08:10:12 pm »
...what was the Police's response GD?

G Griffin

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2012, 08:20:34 pm »
Canvassed an area recently & tonight got a call saying will burn my van & attack wife & kids !
What should I do??

That's shocking!  :o
But make sure your van is safe. Put it in your garage or get a lock up  ;D.
Seriously, I'd ring the police but having read gary999's reply, I'd be tempted to ask him for a bit of help  :D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

harunh

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2012, 03:11:15 am »
Best thing to do is to go to the police.... BUT BUT BUT do not rely on the police they are useless mate.... jsut carry on with what your doing.... if he phones you again say to him why are you phoning me ? say say it to my face. and stand your ground mate dont be scared just be casual and he will be the one that ends up being scared.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2012, 07:58:56 am »
Although I support the option of complaining to the police first and foremost, the object of the whole exercise is to prevent the idiot(s) carrying out the threat.  Getting beaten up isn't much fun - especially if other family members are involved.
Therefore it might be a good time to mention that a bird poo scraper is a legal tool of trade to carry around while working.
I would not advocate using such a potentially lethal item for non work purposes but if it can be seen that you have one on you, it might deter someone from attacking.

Granny

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2012, 09:30:30 am »
Hi
This is the very kind of thing I was worried about.  What is it about window cleaning that seem to attract these neanderthal kind of morons? 
I am busying and getting active round my area and the looks and evil eye I am getting from other windies - there are loads and loads btw!!!
I mean if a gas fitter or electrician of plumber turns up to do his work I doubt very much there would be that much animosity from other tradesmen.
Must be just window cleaning and ice cream - remember the famous ice cream wars in Glasgow?
Oh well hope it turns out well Pod.  I really feel for you I have been through the neighbours from hell scenario and years of harrassment - cars vandalised, wife punched etc... it's no joke.
G.

Ian101

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2012, 09:36:49 am »
Must be just window cleaning and ice cream - remember the famous ice cream wars in Glasgow?

it wasnt ice cream they were fighting over ... they were selling drugs and using vans as cover