Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Billy Russell

Re: Airflex Storm or Jag
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2012, 08:43:17 pm »
ed! are you saying that the UK jag is better than your american one?"

creighton foyle

« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2012, 09:39:21 pm »
ed
 in your post you refer to them as " SOLUTIONS UK ", surely you mean  "SOLUTIONS CORWALL" as it is my understanding the first named does not exist anymore. or maybe i am wrong ?

Colin Day

« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2012, 10:39:40 pm »
ed
 in your post you refer to them as " SOLUTIONS UK ", surely you mean  "SOLUTIONS CORWALL" as it is my understanding the first named does not exist anymore. or maybe i am wrong ?

It's actually Solution (Cornwall)... We all know American's can't spell.... ;D

"CORWALL" Creighton....? You must be a Yank too.... ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2012, 11:03:14 pm »
I understand that the jag was designed by ed and solutions obviously the corner stone was the scorpion but with 2 completely different motors and modifications the jag was born.

Shaun

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2012, 11:33:34 pm »
Around 2004 I bought my first Cross- American machine, the Recoil. A few years later I bought a new Scorpion with the the upgrades which John and Nick had a major input. Last year I bought one of the first Jaguars. I have all three machines, all working perfectly and find any of them more than adequate for the work I do which is mainly domestic with some light commercial work. I use them in rotation and depending on the job in hand although the Recoil is now not used very often but great to have as a spare backup.
I cannot say a bad word about Ed, John or Nick and have found all three most helpful and great people to know.
Equally , I am sure the people who make the Airflex would fall into the same category but unfortunately I do not know them but judging by thr comments of other posters they are a good company too.
The original poster just asked for comparisons on the two machines but some people seem to take delight from putting the knife into Cross American an Solution for some reason. A hidden agenda no doubt. One gets really sick of reading those negative and nasty postings all the time. So sick that I am considering taking the same route that Joe Hatton took a while back.

Colin Day

« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2012, 06:20:51 am »
Around 2004 I bought my first Cross- American machine, the Recoil. A few years later I bought a new Scorpion with the the upgrades which John and Nick had a major input. Last year I bought one of the first Jaguars. I have all three machines, all working perfectly and find any of them more than adequate for the work I do which is mainly domestic with some light commercial work. I use them in rotation and depending on the job in hand although the Recoil is now not used very often but great to have as a spare backup.
I cannot say a bad word about Ed, John or Nick and have found all three most helpful and great people to know.
Equally , I am sure the people who make the Airflex would fall into the same category but unfortunately I do not know them but judging by thr comments of other posters they are a good company too.
The original poster just asked for comparisons on the two machines but some people seem to take delight from putting the knife into Cross American an Solution for some reason. A hidden agenda no doubt. One gets really sick of reading those negative and nasty postings all the time. So sick that I am considering taking the same route that Joe Hatton took a while back.

You're not the only one......

Mike Halliday

« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2012, 07:58:46 am »

Finton i think you are completely wrong, if you read all the most were solutions are mentioned i would say the majority are positive, look back and see where shockwave, SMP and there acid rinse are mentioned all are positive..... the only non positive comments seems to around the Jag or scorpion and looking at the posters who had said negative things in this thread they are mostly decent honest members not people usually known to' put in the knife'

perhaps they have a point
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Darren O

« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2012, 08:32:20 am »
Got to laugh here you get guys on here who actually work for Solutions Cornwall who constantley put the boot into Cleansmart and the Airflex and then go in a huff when somebody says something negative about the Jaguar as for Colin Day is it not about time this guy paid something towards advertising on here.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2012, 08:44:46 am »
Hidden agenda mmmmm conspiracy theory  ;D ;D
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Darren O

« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2012, 09:20:47 am »
For the record it wouldnt buy either the Airflex or the Jag if i were to buy another porty it would be the  new Ashby`s one looks the dogs danglies.

Andrew@Approved Carpet Cleaning

« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2012, 02:23:46 pm »
Now i like the Airflex and i also like the Jag [/img] but which one is best.....only one way to find out....
Andrew
Approved Carpet Cleaning of Flitwick
www.carpetcleaningbedfordshire.co.uk

Doug Holloway

« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2012, 04:47:43 pm »
Hi Guys

Can we please stop the bitching, I have always found the Cc's on here pretty intelligent and they can see through attempts to manipulte the forum and obviously the mods keep a close eye on things.

Cheers

Doug

Colin Day

« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2012, 05:25:58 pm »
No problem, Doug.....

Delete my post if you feel it's appropriate. But I can't sit back and let people think they can take the proverbial whenever they see fit.

From now on I will NOT respond to Darren O's antagonising remarks, providing his often offensive posts to myself are removed...

Thank you, Colin....

Billy Russell

« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2012, 05:29:04 pm »
to be fair, i have seen colin say recently, that he can't really comment on the airflex as he's never used one!!!!!

and anybody that knows me will tell you i'm certainly not a fan of solutions!!!

;D ;D

« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2012, 05:37:09 pm »
and anybody that knows me will tell you i'm certainly not a fan of solutions!!!

would that be because in the part of the country that they come from...
They take a perfectly good ironing board and float in the sea with it ??
 ;D ;D

AshWhite

« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2012, 05:42:32 pm »
Nothing worse than seeing two suppliers being pitted against each other, it's happening here, the hard floor section, and I've even seen it happening with software recently. As Shaun said in another thread, when you're arguing on a public forum you're only fighting for 3rd place - the winner will be the ones letting the results speak for themselves (And yes I know there is no official rep from either of the machine mfrs commenting on here, but the undertones are definately there).
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Paul H

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2012, 07:39:29 pm »
hi

Re the airflex (looks impressive) should you choose to van mount etc.. and feed from a van mounted tank i take it you need the the magma heater for hot water?? ( i dont want to start the hot / cold water debate.. i use hot water always from custys tap)...   or if not i take you too and fro filling the machine in the van from the custys hot water tap..?... or have i missed how the whole van set up works ... ( this isnt negative by the way... merely curiosity as i'm a technphobe..and a bit exploration on options on my behalf)..

Thanks

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2012, 07:43:15 pm »
IMO opinion you lose too much power van mounting it I'd go for maximum power and have it by the door and have better vacuum with less hosing and no extension leads.

Shaun

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2012, 10:04:15 pm »
Mike, what annoyed me was a post which appeared on this thread Saturday morning last, it was clearly a below the belt attack on someone who has done so much for this industry, totally uncalled for and having no bearing on any machine. I did not have time to vent my anger as I hurrying off to work but resolved to reply on my return on Saturday night. However in the meantime some modreator rightly decided to delete the post but it would still have been seen by many people.