This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Total shine cleaning services

Psi reading and which ro
« on: March 16, 2012, 12:06:53 am »
Putting static in garage and there is an tap in there however this is only showing 17 psi on a meter, a plumber has told me if I link this tap to the mains under the stairs it could possible get me about 50 psi, gonna be getting a single 4040 ro, shall I just use tap in garage and get a booster pump or will 50 psi allow me to fill without one..?
Also your recommendations for the ro gardiners or gapswater , your thoughts as always are greatly appreciated

Graham

Re: Psi reading and which ro New
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 05:21:41 am »
Your R O purchase will depend on how much water you will need a 4040 and the Gardeners one are for larger amounts of water and cost a lot..This might be a cheaper option.  http://www.johnhewitt.com/ro.htm
most WILL RECOMMEND WHAT EVER THEY USE AND THIS MIGHT NOT BE BEST FOR YOU. other S WILL JUST THINKS ITS COOL TO GET THE BIGGEST ONE.I WOULD BE A WASTE OF MONEY TO BUY MUCH LARGER THAN YOU NEED. many SMALLER r o CAN BE UPGRADED TO PRODUCE MORE. i WOULD SAY A BOOSTER PUMP WOULD BE WISE TO GET.AS IT SAVES RESIN WHICH COST A LOT AND PRODUCES MORE QUALITY QUICKER. NOT MANY ON HERE REALLY UNDERSTAND RO SO BE CAREFUL .  o YES WHAT IS YOUR t d s OF YOUR WATER ( SORRY ABOUT CAPITALS ) read THE ARTICLE ON THE John Hewett WEB SITE ABOUT RO S IT WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND MORE HOW THEY WORK.
  TO the Bum sorry mate typing in the dark at 5 in the morning.Half asleep.

Re: Psi reading and which ro
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 06:04:14 am »
Wow wizkid you need to look at the screen more often when typing, lol!

I use 4040 HF5, 50psi is static pressure im guessing, so you should be fine with a booster, but without it you will struggle, as the pressure on the gauges will be alot lower as its filtering.

Apparently filters dont last as long when using an RO; but they can both speed up production hugely, and lower your tds output.

Also depends on how much water you need, how quickly.  I dont know anything about the 200/400gpd etc, other that they are cheaper, and slower to produce, but think its still high quality.  Merlin wastes alot of water, and doesnt seem to come out good tds.  4040 prob best bet, but more expensive.

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 08:29:01 am »
My tds at the tap is a whopping 450,at present I have a streamline 600 gpd with a booster after going thru this my tds is 11-15 and then the resin takes down to 00, I could take this out the van and use but was thinking of going 4040 for faster productivity and keeping this as back up, bad idea or not

Graham

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 08:40:07 am »
My tds at the tap is a whopping 450,at present I have a streamline 600 gpd with a booster after going thru this my tds is 11-15 and then the resin takes down to 00, I could take this out the van and use but was thinking of going 4040 for faster productivity and keeping this as back up, bad idea or not

Graham
My tds is around the same mate rising to near 500 at times,

there are 2 answers to that.

4040 is going to be quick obviously but if you used this one in van as a backup the filters will dry out and damage it as far as I am aware.

so you have 2 choices sell the 600gpd and get a 4040 or use the 600gpd till it dies then replace with a 4040 and sell as parts.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 09:15:46 am »
windy washers is correct here (as nearly always ;) ), I had the same idea about storing my 4040 but if it dries out, which after a few weeks it would, it apparently ruins them.

don't know how much wastage you get from current membrane, but if it does the job still, I'd stick with it. 4040 are great, but do need good pressure.

haven't checked this kind of thing, much of market for sellin membranes etc second hand.

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 09:21:00 am »
get a booster pump with a 4040 if your pressure is poor, the water flys out, I got a clarke pump http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clarke-Electric-Water-booster-Metre/dp/B001CCCKWG/ref=sr_1_35?ie=UTF8&qid=1331889621&sr=8-35 (this is to show what it is not the cheapest place ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)