This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jackal

Re: What a nightmare !!!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 11:04:11 pm »
worked out ok then john,i first brought a round and windy wanted £2500 for £600 monthly he wanted the money upfront before he would show me the round which in fairness to him he doesnt want me turn around after introducing me to custys saying im not interested,but i met him at his home which is on the same estate as my house, and we spent a few evenings when it was bad snow in jan 2 years ago going round to explain im the new cleaner so i was happy with it all and he still rings me now to give me any custys in the area i work, he still works a mile away from me aswell, nice guy

stuart mc

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 11:10:10 pm »
just learn from this experience and if you buy work in the future make sure you meet the customers with the old cleaner before parting with your cash....

Interesting to see people's reactions to the amount paid for the work....

how much do you guys think that work is worth generally? 

This guy sold his round for 5x the monthly I'm guessing.  Would you let your own work go for less?

yes that is interesting I would pay as little as possible and take as much as I could get ;D it would depend on the value of the work for me, i.e. in this case it was roughly a days work at £250 quid so good work on the face of it, so worth a fair amount

on the other hand when I bought £250 worth of work it would have taken two/three days so worth nothing really, I paid him £200 and thought I would up the prices, didn't work out like that, but still it filled a gap at the time when I needed it

alanwilson

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 11:13:21 pm »
Victor, what's wrong with £10 houses? We have about 150 houses at £8 each and to be honest I wouldnt sell them for £10k, they are excellent money and because it's only £8 a go no one says not this month.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

bobby p

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 11:23:37 pm »
seems the seller is honest. what is he doing now then?

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 11:32:02 pm »
john where you based
i also clean around them areas  ;)
I am from Manchester gav but most of my work is in and around Chester.

bloody hell john thats some way to travel
who was selling the work
was he local to it
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

John Farrell

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 11:51:31 pm »
worked out ok then john,i first brought a round and windy wanted £2500 for £600 monthly he wanted the money upfront before he would show me the round which in fairness to him he doesnt want me turn around after introducing me to custys saying im not interested,but i met him at his home which is on the same estate as my house, and we spent a few evenings when it was bad snow in jan 2 years ago going round to explain im the new cleaner so i was happy with it all and he still rings me now to give me any custys in the area i work, he still works a mile away from me aswell, nice guy

I have bought a couple of rounds before and worked the rounds the first clean and everything as gone great. Today I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt everything seemed okay until 8 out of about 12 cancelled and they were the the only ones home. I wouldn't buy a round again without working it first. Everything has ended up good at the end of the day but I could have ended up bad I won't be foolish again like I was this morning.

John Farrell

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 12:12:02 am »
john where you based
i also clean around them areas  ;)
I am from Manchester gav but most of my work is in and around Chester.

who was selling the work
was he local to it

Funny enough he was moving to Manchester. Just a young lad. When I spoke to him in the morning I asked if he had any more similar work in the area. He said no he was focusing on his round in Manchester. Then when I got my money back in the afternoon I said why didn't he just work the round with me and he said he was too busy looking for a new job. He's left it that long I think he was just hoping all the customers were still waiting for him. He didn't want to work it with me so he didn't have to face them and explain it to the customer why he had not been for 4-5 month and just expected everything to go smoothly with me knocking on so he could make a quik buck. Little did he know just under half of them had a new cleaner.

John Farrell

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2012, 12:16:26 am »
who was selling the work
was he local to it

only takes me 50 min or so

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2012, 12:17:59 am »
do you know who cleans em now
iv not picked any up in that area  ;)

John Farrell

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2012, 12:26:02 am »
do you know who cleans em now
iv not picked any up in that area  ;)
No they didn't say. The other half who phoned me complaining are happy with me doing them once I explained what had happend. I told them I will be reliable unlike the last cleaner and got a couple of others in that area.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2012, 12:29:27 am »
what  do you drive john ???
giza shout if you see me
iv a white 07 vivaro
always knocking about
mold buckely etc  ;)

John Farrell

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2012, 09:08:01 am »
giza shout if you see me
iv a white 07 vivaro
always knocking about
mold buckely etc  ;)
I drive a 04 silver connect gav. I will keep an eye out for you ;)

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2012, 12:44:41 pm »
just learn from this experience and if you buy work in the future make sure you meet the customers with the old cleaner before parting with your cash....

Interesting to see people's reactions to the amount paid for the work....

how much do you guys think that work is worth generally? 

This guy sold his round for 5x the monthly I'm guessing.  Would you let your own work go for less?

I think what people are balking at is the mark up of 5x on a small amount of work

5x on 2.5k 4wkly then fair enough i guess, depends on the quality of the work..some pobably not even worth x2.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Ian101

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 04:00:34 pm »
giza shout if you see me
iv a white 07 vivaro
always knocking about
mold buckely etc  ;)

Gav .... John bought the Handbridge round off me that I bought off you that you bought off Bob  ;D

Ian101

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2012, 04:01:30 pm »
I own Buckley / Hawarden / Mold etc etc  ;)