Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Scorpian as TM question
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2012, 10:28:11 am »
In the bleak mid winter you can pay for a tm in a month depends if you are prepared to work for it though.

Shaun

Darren O

« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2012, 11:00:47 am »
When i come to upgrade to a bigger van the plan was to get a truckmount not so sure now  the thing that puts me of is the price of fuel i can see us hitting £2 a litre soon.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2012, 12:52:48 pm »
Darren,
The cost of fuel (only 4%) is practically an irrelvance when you consider the extra productivity and because customers attribute the quality of the clean to the sheer size of your machine they tend to be very much more loyal and that alone pays not only for the fuel but the TM too, over a period of time that is.

Simon

PaulKing

« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2012, 04:19:17 pm »
honestly, get a TM or you be doing the work yourself, personally i rather MR "internal combustion" engine did it for me.  a quick bit of energy/physics for you the max you get out of a household socket is 3000 watts thats about 7 hp and a half Horse Power, a prowler has 13hp, Don't care about how you maximise it with slippyer vacs or such you can't make it anymore , laws of physics don't change for carpets cleaners.   So lets take a 18hp truck mount such as the Prochem Blazer which engine is 18500 watts rated load and it use the waste heat from the unrated exhaust all 15000 watts of it to generate hot water so in effect its around 30,000+ watts of power thats quite a lot more than 3000 and it means you don't have to work as hard at the wand, which incidentally is usually the same type.

As a company We brought our first TM into the business eight years ago, customers seamed to like it we though so we kept on going, but i was really apparent that customers  always rang up after if we sent a portable the next time as they thought the TM did a better job, so we sent the TM and they were happy, hence I now have three TM and three portables sat in the shop.

I don't have them because "I" think they are great, I have them because my customers like them. if they like low moisture more i'd do that, just turns out they don't.

www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

from edge2edge

« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2012, 04:31:16 pm »
Very well put Paul.I love my thermadry system which i use a lot due to parking restrictions and flats etc where i work but used the truckmount yesterday and even got to do a rug outside the front of the customers house which i left with a drier near it while i did the house carpets and must say from a visual point of view the customers and passing motorists were really impressed......Regards Alan(swindon) 

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2012, 05:00:19 pm »
A TM is another form of advertising, quite apart from being one hell of a piece of kit.  I couldn't even begin to count the number of jobs we've got and the referrals from those jobs over the years,  because most people haven't seen such a big machine cleaning carpets before they are almost always impressed and take you, as a business a lot more seriously. We all know it is the operator that produces the end result regardless of the system, but it is the perception a TM creates in the mind of the customer that generates sales that you wouldn't have otherwise got. And then there is all that extra productivity  :D
Simon

Billy Russell

« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2012, 05:43:18 pm »
I had a scorpion, a month later i went out for a day with Steve Knight, Month and a half after that i had a TM sat in the back of my van!!!!!

The question i ask myself is, would i ever go back??? NO

« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2012, 06:00:58 pm »
I'm not quite sure what your point is Billy ;D

Kev Loomes

« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2012, 06:02:05 pm »
I'm with Billy, nor would I! But going back to the thread, we used to run a porty from the van and it was much quicker tan the normal way of using a porty.

It consisted of the machine (obviously ;D), a 250ltr tank which had auto fill and auto shut off, and had a run from the bottom of the tank to the on-demand 12v water pump - this gave the auto fill to the machine. Becuase it was under pressure it had to be of meaty construction so copper pipe and quick release fittings were used. This came in handy too when the machine had to come off the van on the odd occasion.

It would run 150 quite comfortably, but no more - obviously shorter legths than this was better for heat and suction. The point of it was though to be more productive to fit more jobs in. Because there was no time getting it off, filling it etc, it was this that saved the time.

So yes, you can run a porty from a van quite efficiently and successfully. For us it was this that in the end gave us the lightbulb moment of going TM, seeing how things could be done even quicker with it - without sacrificing the quality.

Cheers

Kev

« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2012, 06:02:57 pm »
I had a scorpion, a month later i went out for a day with Steve Knight, Month and a half after that i had a TM sat in the back of my van!!!!!

The question i ask myself is, would i ever go back??? NO

must be awfully sore sitting on that fence Billy  ;D ;D ;D

Billy Russell

« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2012, 06:33:14 pm »
I'm not quite sure what your point is Billy ;D

Sorry Neil, i'll try making it a bit clearer!!!

TM ALL THE WAY BABY

Sorry Hector, had to jump off the fence................. i had a splinter!!! OUCH

;D ;D ;D

« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2012, 06:39:17 pm »
So let me get this right.
You are of the opinion that a TM is much better than a van fitted portable :D

A little bit more expensive though isn't it
Say that quiet enough and perhaps Simon won't jump down my throat ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2012, 06:47:42 pm »
Neil if you've put your suite prices up then it'll compensate for the cost also you'll open up more time for appointments in your diary.

Kevin which porty did you run from the van? I have a jag not sure if I'd like to run 150ft with it must be spoilt with having tms.

Shaun

« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2012, 06:48:14 pm »

john martin

« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2012, 07:22:26 pm »

No one making a case for the Scorpion ?

Must be no scorpion owners left ...
 Its usable from the van , but neither it nor the slightly less powerfull Jaguar will ever compete with a TM

The new generation ETM's will id say narrow the gap and provide a cost effective  alternative ...

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2012, 07:52:07 pm »

No one making a case for the Scorpion ?

Must be no scorpion owners left ...
 Its usable from the van , but neither it nor the slightly less powerfull Jaguar will ever compete with a TM

The new generation ETM's will id say narrow the gap and provide a cost effective  alternative ...
How? They are still governed by how much power you can generate from a 13 amp socket, as Paul King so eloquently explained. Electric powered machines will never be able to do what engine powered machines can - end of story.

Len Gribble

« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2012, 08:04:45 pm »
John

Links to the ETM’s please
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

john martin

« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2012, 08:18:47 pm »
John

Links to the ETM’s please

Gave one yesterday ... scroll down  :)

some more are in development