This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blast Away

Re: Diesel / petrol pressure washers
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 07:30:17 am »

Blast Away

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 09:15:24 pm »
Where's your exhaust going Richy?

What's the diameter of your pipe drawing the water from tank?

Richy L

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 10:10:25 am »
It is just a standard hose pipe connection.
I did have an extension to my exhaust pipe taking it to the outer edge of the van, but over time is fell off, I just havent put it back on yet

Richy L

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 07:07:00 pm »
any idea what my pump, etc should be like in comparison to others?
as I've said, it works well, but doesnt look very pretty now.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 07:18:30 pm »
Richy,

Why not get the machine out of your van one weekend, give it a good clean up, wipe down, coat of paint or whatever.. tidy it up...tape up the wires etc, get it looking a lil neater if you dont think it looks good.

If any hoses/fitting need replaced, change them, get it all up and running smoothly...if you have the caash, take it down to the guy who repairs it for you and get him to give it a full blown service, seals, oil..you name it..

Your pump looks brand new compared to mine.. ;D..mines covered in grease and poope, but works well enough..

Kenny83

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 09:44:25 pm »
your pump is a good pump, it's an interpump w965, does 250 bar (3600psi) at 15 litres, make sure your nozzles are size 04, (2 x 02 on a whirlaway) with the correct nozzle on (04) run it and it should be producing 3600psi, look on you gauge to check, if it's doing less then 1st check if your unloader is not unloading, if it is then tighten it up untill it's not, if it wasn't unloading in the first place but your still under pressure then adjust the throttle governer screw so you produce more revs (it may have been turned down at some point) still not getting the right pressure? get a new set of seals, also pressure feed it to see if it leaks any water, if it does you may need new pistons aswell as seals, check them
The good thing about your machine is that you can't break it, ie you can always get spare parts, hence, no nedd to buy a new one... unless your engine seizes or something major
Keep it and tidy it up as matt says, just look after it and it will last you for years
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

BDCS

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2012, 10:49:48 pm »
You can check the unloader by removing the return hose and checking for leak by when running at pressure - I replace my unloaders every year. The piston seals have an air gap between the oil and wet side and if either the oil or water drips from the tell tale holes then those seals will need to be replaced. Nothing wrong with a petrol washer except for the price of petrol - almost £28 a can here in the rich south east corner  ;D

Richy L

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2012, 11:28:28 pm »
Yeah I should take it out and clean it up, paint it, etc.
As I said, I service it every year to keep it running.

The pump is only two years old. My old one died in a deep freeze. It runs at a nice pressure, just the engine is really noisy compared to a petrol.
How much do you think a battery, new key start and alternator would be?

Matt Gibson

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2012, 08:44:50 am »
Richy, try the link below.

like Lee said above, the yanmars dont have an alternator. i thought they did but its called a regulator. pretty much everything you need you should be able to get from the guys in the link. Ive just got a car battery for mine. And i was going to get a replacement keystart, but i just got a cheap starter button. it wires up exactly like a keystart but you just dont have any keys.

Yanmar L100 parts

You could even start saving yourself some money per year and service it yourself. oil filter, fuel filter etc. they are pretty basic engines to work on. I found a copy of the workshop manual for the L100 and it shows you how to do the lot.

mike roberts

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2012, 09:25:37 am »
Thats a handy site matt - nice one

Where's your exhaust going Richy?

What's the diameter of your pipe drawing the water from tank?

Richy,
Point if think lee was making feed pipe size from tank to pump looks very small dia - if possible I would increase to ensure pump has adequate supply, certainly no harm.

Do you guys add a drain valve to the pump, option for that interpump (most pumps) ... allows easier starting without having to release trigger gun.  ;D

Matt Gibson

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2012, 10:09:25 am »
I think it was BDCS who put me onto that site. I got the catalogue sent out. Good stuff at good prices. I've never heard of a drain valva for a pump. Got a link? I always pull the trigger to release the pressure. Never really noticed a difference in staring it with or without it being pressurized. Can it hurt the pump starting it with pressure?

Richy L

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2012, 05:01:03 pm »
I tried using a wider diameter feed pipe, but I find my pump doesnt suck the water up easily enough.
When starting the machine now there has to be water in the feed pipe.(it wont draw the water on its own)

I assume this isnt normal.

When it gets cold I drain the pipes to ensure the water doesnt freeze in any of the pipework, but that means I need to syphon the water out of my tank(by literally sucking the water down the pipe to start it off)

Rob_Mac

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2012, 05:40:41 pm »
Richy

I have run some long supply hoses @ 22mm and never had a problem with drawing water through the pump. The actual outlet from the hose, what size is this?? because if it is 15 mm and you have a 22mm or 25mm hose on it it will not help you.

There should be enough of a header of water from that tank (when full) to get the ball rolling with the pump.

There is something else going on here if you cannot get the pump to self prime!!

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2012, 05:51:17 pm »
Sorry that ought to read outlet from the tank!!!

Rob ;D

Richy L

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2012, 06:08:47 pm »
Sorry, it will self prime when the tank is full, but when under half full it doesn't.
The water feed goes up, into the top of the tank, then down into the tank with a strainer at the end.
I know that wont help things, but I have used other, newer petrol machines that can do this and self prime

mike roberts

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2012, 06:13:12 pm »
I tried using a wider diameter feed pipe, but I find my pump doesnt suck the water up easily enough.
When starting the machine now there has to be water in the feed pipe.(it wont draw the water on its own)

I assume this isnt normal.

I dont understand why a larger pipe will compound your problem?

When it gets cold I drain the pipes to ensure the water doesnt freeze in any of the pipework, but that means I need to syphon the water out of my tank(by literally sucking the water down the pipe to start it off)

Our machines are not truck mounted - before connecting machine to tank we always check water is flowing from tank then connect up machines using camlocks. (short connection on m/c) If you added drain valve to pump this will help your pump prime. We have experienced problems with interpumps sucking in the past mainly on direct drive m/cs, even with large head of water.

Ah just seen other post thats the prob! We have had similar prob with inters add drain valve where your pressure gauge is.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2012, 06:44:55 pm »
richy,

Couldnt you put your water feed for your machine at the bottom of your tank? instead of making the machine suck the water up hill out the top of the tank, it will be gravity fed. if that makes sense. then it wont matter if the tank is half full, or almost empty, the machine will suck..

Richy L

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2012, 07:15:08 pm »
yeah, I should get that sorted. I had it at the bottom with a wider feed and it didnt work well though. I think I had better just play around with it and see what work works best

Blast Away

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2012, 07:22:31 pm »
Feeding from the bottom of tank in my opinion(IBC)is no good if you fill up from hydrants.
A lot of crap comes out of them and there's always silt in our tank. We do flush it out but in experience the silt has block up the filters.
Sucking from the top from a strainer we've never had to clean out the filter.
Oh, also had stones get stuck in the pipe.