This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom White

What temp setting do you have on your immersion heaters?
« on: February 08, 2012, 01:29:53 pm »
Right, all my gear has arrived; thanks for the previous help; I'm just emptying the tank down a drain as I type; but what temp setting do you set on your heaters?

DeLuce

Re: What temp setting do you have on your immersion heaters?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 01:37:41 pm »
i  have 3 settings on my thermostat, so I've put mine on the middle one which is 50 (the other 2 being 30ish & 60ish), I have no technical idea why tbh, just playing the middle ground, but it works, which is the main thing  ;D

Tom White

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 01:39:11 pm »
Thanks, nic,

Anyone..,

And does it help stop our hoses from freezing up too?

Also, do you guys also put a heater in the van overnight?  Or is the immersion heater sufficient?

DeLuce

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 01:50:21 pm »
I always put my fan heater in the van on frost setting when I think its going below -1, but I have insulated my tank with 1'' thick insulating board. I think Winpro said he doesn't need heater in his van if putting the immersion on as it's like a sauna   ;D. And ( bad syntax starting sentence with and), yes it will certainly put a stop to pipes freezing. If its particularly cold just remember to affix pole to reel hose and turn on as you reel out for first house until warm water is through the pipes and your sorted, good luck Tosh

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 03:38:28 pm »
I always put my fan heater in the van on frost setting when I think its going below -1, but I have insulated my tank with 1'' thick insulating board. I think Winpro said he doesn't need heater in his van if putting the immersion on as it's like a sauna   ;D. And ( bad syntax starting sentence with and), yes it will certainly put a stop to pipes freezing. If its particularly cold just remember to affix pole to reel hose and turn on as you reel out for first house until warm water is through the pipes and your sorted, good luck Tosh

You got bad snytax? you need sudafed - or is that something else entirley? ;D
we succeed because others can't or won't

Dave.

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 04:25:39 pm »
Tosh, mine is set just below 50 degrees - which seems just about right and has been staying warm to the touch all day.
Overnight, once the tank is warm it acts like a radiator and keep the frost out of the pump, filters and hoses.
Last week the outside temperature was just over -8 degrees and everything was fine

Good luck with the instalation

DeLuce

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 05:21:18 pm »
You got bad snytax? you need sudafed - or is that something else entirley?

Yeah.....Sudafed should do it   ;D

king marko

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 07:13:46 pm »
I fitted mine last week chap - 500ltr tank - started with the lowest setting (about 10degrees)and gradually worked up to see what suited -  ive now put it on 40 degrees - got in van this morning water is lovely and warm and van is too - hoses werent frozen and the tank was radiating the warmth all day - money well spent methinks!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 07:34:49 pm »
Just turn it up to about 70c. It wont hit that temp unless you have it on for longer than needed. I go with the length of time it's on for rather than a temp setting.

My 400ltr flat tank gets very warm with 4 hours heating & very, very warm with 5 hours. My reel sits on top of the tank, my DI's to the side & my pump box to the side. NOTHING has ever frozen in the van when the immersion has been on & I'm north of the border with proper weather- not what you southern wimps think is cold!! ;D

Cliff perkins

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 07:52:19 pm »
I fitted mine last week chap - 500ltr tank - started with the lowest setting (about 10degrees)and gradually worked up to see what suited -  ive now put it on 40 degrees - got in van this morning water is lovely and warm and van is too - hoses werent frozen and the tank was radiating the warmth all day - money well spent methinks!
Do you leave yours on all night then ?
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

king marko

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 07:56:25 pm »
I fitted mine last week chap - 500ltr tank - started with the lowest setting (about 10degrees)and gradually worked up to see what suited -  ive now put it on 40 degrees - got in van this morning water is lovely and warm and van is too - hoses werent frozen and the tank was radiating the warmth all day - money well spent methinks!
Do you leave yours on all night then ?
[/quote yes I leave it on from about 10 o'clock - its got a thermostat that turns itself off when it reaches temp and kicks back in when drops too low 

Cliff perkins

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 07:56:39 pm »
Fitted mine today tried it but keeps tripping the fuse in garage as to many things on in house,just thought i got immersion heater all done then i gotta get electrics sorted now,does it ever end.

Cliff perkins

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 07:58:15 pm »
I going to put mine on tonight for 1st time going to put it on at 5am untill 8 at full whack 70c in a 500l tank this sould be ok yes

tacky

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 08:00:10 pm »
hi tosh read a post few days ago u were after a ibc tank .guy in neath sells them £35 .
      nigel on 07814852156
   tacky

clean

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 08:02:04 pm »
I going to put mine on tonight for 1st time going to put it on at 5am untill 8 at full whack 70c in a 500l tank this sould be ok yes

No chance,3 hours is no where near enough in a 500L tank

king marko

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 08:04:53 pm »
Put it on about 40 degrees chap - if it's like mine, leave it on all night - when it gets up to temp it turn itself off and kick back in if it drops too low

king marko

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 08:06:04 pm »
Fitted mine today tried it but keeps tripping the fuse in garage as to many things on in house,just thought i got immersion heater all done then i gotta get electrics sorted now,does it ever end.
What kilowatt is it? Mine is 2000 and it's fine plugged into garage

J. Domingos

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 08:06:24 pm »
Hi, guys. I'm really feed up of this Cold Winter. I need like u setting-up a diy heater system. Got 500lt flat tank in my van, can some one give me advice, and a list, and were to buy, most appreciated. Thank u.

Cliff perkins

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 08:07:31 pm »
Will it cost alot to leave it on 40c all night

Cliff perkins

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 08:08:55 pm »
Mines 3kw but i got battery charger and a 500w oil heater plugged in same socket.