This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

www.mrgutters.co.uk

is microbore hose anygood?
« on: December 27, 2005, 10:48:18 pm »
hi all

i need a bit of advice i am planning on buying around 100m of hose a mate of mine just bought some new hose but its microbore it looks good as its all small and neat but is it any good?

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Jeff Brimble

Re: is microbore hose anygood?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 07:18:49 am »
Been using it since the last century. At 100ft its starting to get maxed out on a small pump due to fluid dynamics causing friction in the water.
http://www.normangardenproducts.co.uk stipulate "Raindrip"
I reccomend the black about 75ft. Its fairly supple in this cold weather and in the warmer weather is a joy. doesnt kink so easily if you keep it untwisted. Put it on a stick to unroll it initially so you dont get twists.
Also available in white but its marginally thicker and stiffer.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 07:36:24 am »
We Live and breathe on Microbore!!

We have used these for years and are definitely the way forward, we use the following set ups.

1x 60 psi flojet pump with 2x 60 metres of microbore.
1x 100psi flojet pump with up to 2x 100 metres of microbore
1x 60psi flojet pump with 1x 100 meters of microbore.

The added benefit of the above set ups is that it reduces flow rates so that you have no need for a varistream etc.

Alex

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 11:31:05 am »
thanks guys .. so where best place to buy it?

shawn

neil100

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 03:25:13 pm »
Shawn,

I'm new to wfp. but have just had my new system fitted in the van.

I have 1 x 50mtr 1/2" with 1 x 60 flowjet pump. It has a flow rate of 6 ltrs a min.

I have 1 x 100mtr microbore, 6mm ID, 11mm ED from gardinerpoles with 1 x 60 psi flowjet. It has a flow rate of 1.7 ltrs a min. Looks good in yellow.

Nel.

sair

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 06:55:15 pm »
i supply those hose reels as well just got in some different colours of micro bore as well, iam trying out red looks good seem to work well with the eco flow look forward to trying it out early next month , i am also trying out some new one way valves in air lock fitting have had enough of hose lock or the like just want to see how durable they are even though they a bit more expesive if they last longer it will save so much time look out for them on new web site early january if they work well
Essentially Pure Ltd

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 07:25:19 pm »
hi tony

can you email me with a price on 100m of microbore?

thanks shawn

shawnbrophy4@hotmail.com

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 07:26:46 pm »
Off the peg B&Q grade etc is no good. You are looking for "thin wall " micro pipe. say 3.8mm internal 6mm ext dia.

DP

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 10:50:19 pm »
It seems Microbore has become a generic term for anything other then normal hosepipe. The logic in the diameter seems to be a bit of a grey area as well.

I have read here that small bore 6mm reduces the flow therefore no varistream needed, another supplier saying 8mm = better flow then 6mm (albeit they sell the varistream) and now Jeff your saying 3.8 id.

A bit confusing to a newbie and doesnt the pump suffer with these restricted bore's if you dont use a controlling device.

Can someone please straighten me out a little on this as I also want to buy some microbore.

Many thanks
DP
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

Ian_Giles

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 06:19:52 am »
I too am very interested in microbore, though I think the name is a bit of a misnomer in trruth.
But with a flow rate of possibly only 1.5l a min, for myself that is too low, at some point today I'll measure exactly how much per min I use on average.
My pump is a shurflo 60psi, I'm pretty sure that even at the maximum setting I'm not pumping out as much as 6l per min, thats a lot of water, if a standard semi takes around 10 minutes of continuous use that would use up 60 litres :o

Thinking it through as I write this, I'm probably using about 20 litres in this time, so that would indicate that my 50m of standard diameter garden type hose + the 10m or so of the pole hose has a working flow rate of 2l per min.

That isn't flat out, but even with with everything fully open I don't think it is getting much more than 3l per min.

Mmm, I shall have to do a precise check on that methinks ???

I'm just not sure if 1.5l max per min would be enough for me (100m microbore)

The higher the flowrate, the quicker you can work, that is still a balancing act though, too high a flowrate and you are wasting water, it rather depends on the individuals ability to cope with a high flowrate, no way on earth could I cope with  6 litres a minute! :o

For me, I think it is between 1.5l and just over 2l per minute, therefore it would appear I'd need a 100psi pump to have that capability with 100m of microbore.

I don't have the Variflo or Ecoflow, my system is one of Peter Fogwill's and his control system recycles the water allowing you to use the valve to vary the flow from nothing up to whatever the maximum is for the pump you are using.

Therefore if I did buy 100m microbore, and then a 100psi pump, to give the variability in flowrate I would still need to buy either a Variflo or set up the pump in the same way my existing one is set up.

Alex,

What sort of flowrate will a 100psi pump produce with 100m of microbore?

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2005, 08:17:00 am »
Ian  a roll of the black at 100ft is about £10 try it with your existing pump and jets. My fig of 1.5 litre is based on the smallest flojet pump at 1.7 bar (can anyone convert this ?)  using the small 4x1mm hoselock jets which reduce the output.
In practice you appear to need 60ft. There is a difference in that last 40ft.
ps I dont like joints so think carefully before you cut the hose.

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2005, 11:36:44 am »
when you say £10 that sound cheap is it any good i have seen prices around £30 inc vat or so for 30m of the stuff . i need something that will last a few years or so ,

shawn

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2005, 03:34:37 pm »
I havent seen the £1 a metre stuff so cannot comment. The "raindrip" hose will last at least 2 years my 50ft backpack hose is now 3 years old., its very light and flexible therefore doesnt kink instead it will just twist so every now and again you may need to untwist it by spinning it in the opposite direction of the twist. If you want me to supply it to you I dont mind charging you £1 a metre  :)
BUT if you use it for connecting from the van to the centre of a hose reel it will not take the twisting force that the reel will apply, you need to have standard hose for that bit and just have the micropipe for the internal length of the reel itself.
Because its so light some industrial users may have to experiment.
If you need to go further just have a slightly larger hose first (reduce as you get further away from the pump.

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2005, 03:39:39 pm »
hi

i am a bit confused is rain drip , like micro irrigation pipe that wouldnt be any good would it ?

shawn

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2005, 04:55:56 pm »
Hi Ian,

100psi with 100 metres would give you quite a generous flow rate (no specifics as never measured, must do so). I find that it is generally a little too much for my style so I prefer the 60psi with a 100 metre reel, but I quite happily switch between either depending which vehicle/trailer I am working from. We find that 1x 100psi pump will happily supply 2x100 metres reels

H h20

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2005, 01:56:39 pm »
I`m interested in some 6mm hose,so who`s doing the best price?,Gaz

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2005, 04:17:29 pm »
There are quite a few differenty products out there, so you will usually pay for what you end up getting (if it's too cheap it will probably be inferior quality, not re-inforced).

Have a look at our prices see what you think

Alex

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2005, 04:53:45 pm »
Sorry Alex I have to respond, why would I need to reinforce pipe that I have been using sucessfully for many years that has not broken down.

sair

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2005, 05:02:17 pm »
i agree jeff . i bought some from norm products after that post you did last few months ago, i dont know if i bought right size but i could not get on with it found the pump would stop and start  which did not allow eco flow to work evenly and the joints were not good onto the hose reel kept leaking i would appreaciate a picture of your set up, some time.it may well have been me setting it up but it was cheap, what length did you stick with i bought 500 feet roll would you put all that on

thanks tony

purewatersales@tiscali.co.uk
Essentially Pure Ltd

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2005, 05:28:21 pm »
Tony no idea of using 500 ft didnt know it came that long, at that distance and being micro I would be suprised if the water even came out the end. It also depends on the pump you use. Sounds like you use a pressureised sytem for fittings that dont leak try johnguest.com
Try 10ft. if it dont work the pump might need a by pass. Having recommended it and if you cant get it going I will buy it off you out of my own pocket as long as its the black.