This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

Re: something any windowcleaner/ business onwner should watch
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 12:25:51 pm »
I went to a motivational talk by Rene carol. He name dropped Alan sugar and Richard Branson a few times ;D

He said a couple of helpful things that stuck with me but the funniest was when he told us to all give ourselves a pat on the back as we have come through the bad times and are still in business. This was about 2 years ago. He really knew his stuff didn't he?  ;D
I went and saw Richard Branson, Alan sugar and Tony Robbins last year that are all inspiring.

I guess some dont like this type of thing.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

H S and Son

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 12:28:20 pm »
john F

Hilarious, nearly spat coffee on my laptop

Steve C

please moderate your language, we do not allow swearing on here, even with *****

Well moderated Dave. That Steve has a mouth like a Glaswegian, filthy. my kids cringe when he turns up, I swear he's going to hell with a tongue like that. Disgusting.

Steve CM

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 12:31:40 pm »
I went to a motivational talk by Rene carol. He name dropped Alan sugar and Richard Branson a few times ;D

He said a couple of helpful things that stuck with me but the funniest was when he told us to all give ourselves a pat on the back as we have come through the bad times and are still in business. This was about 2 years ago. He really knew his stuff didn't he?  ;D
I went and saw Richard Branson, Alan sugar and Tony Robbins last year that are all inspiring.

I guess some dont like this type of thing.

I don't mind it. The big guns you've mentioned would be great. Not some WWE star like you originally posted ;D a few things stuck with me from the talk i went too. Plus all knowledge is good knowledge if you make the most of it

dd

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 12:33:19 pm »
This guy is quite literally one of the very best and most successful at what he does in the world and has been hired by very successful people and corporations. OK it is of limited value to window cleaners - especially sole traders. Personally I am not that ambitious, but it is very narrow minded to knock Anthony Robins - he is successful for good reason.

Window Washers

Re: something any windowcleaning business/ business onwner should watch
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2012, 12:39:07 pm »
This guy is quite literally one of the very best and most successful at what he does in the world and has been hired by very successful people and corporations. OK it is of limited value to window cleaners - especially sole traders. Personally I am not that ambitious, but it is very narrow minded to knock Anthony Robins - he is successful for good reason.
I guess many have never heard of his name DD that maybe why.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Steve CM

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 12:39:52 pm »
His stage name is also known as

Anthony 'macho man' Robins

Oooohhhhhhh yyyyyeeeeaaaaahhhhh!!

;D

Steve CM

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 12:42:09 pm »

I don't think it's that. It's probably cause he's a yank so it makes him highly annoying  :)

Window Washers

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 12:43:39 pm »

I don't think it's that. It's probably cause he's a yank so it makes him highly annoying  :)
I would bet money Steve, if you was in a room with him he would have you dancing about like wally

Steve CM

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 12:45:03 pm »
If you were wearing that hat you had on the other night the only Wally would be you!

;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2012, 12:45:16 pm »
I'm afraid I don't get along with this style of business myself.
It's probably something to do with listening to "motivational" speeches in a non business environment during the early years of my life and finding it seriously flawed.  I did try a year of Amway about 12 years ago.  I think I've had my fill of this stuff.  Apart from that, I'm quite capable of self motivation when I choose to go for it - it's just that I'm sometimes happier to self motivate in non business areas of life.

Window Washers

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 12:47:44 pm »
If you were wearing that hat you had on the other night the only Wally would be you!

;D
:o  ;D

Halfadaylee

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 01:03:03 pm »

;D

My money would be on Steve putting him on his ars..... bum.
Art

Londoner

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 01:13:06 pm »
All this stuff sounds so right and brilliant when you are actually sitting there listening to it. Thats their big skill. Its like the bloke on the market stall selling a load of old tat but he talks it up and talks it up until he has you believing its a wonderful bargain.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 01:17:39 pm »
My biggest motivator was Andy Cheney about 5 years ago

I used to look at his posts, pics, website, style etc and I wanted be just like him, but thought it was impossible to be like him, I thought how does a guy achieve a business like that.

At that time I had a clapped out estate car, no uniform, no website, no staff. Now 5 years later, I have surpassed him 5 fold and I am on my way to catch my latest idols, Jv, allclean etc.

If you are motivated enough you can do it all yourself

Steve CM

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 02:06:20 pm »
My motivation was to keep trudging forward. To build an empire. I would look at other businesses and think that's where I want to be. Only problem is I'm pretty bored of the whole process of getting more work now (im still actively getting and seeking more work though) It doesnt excite me anymore as i find there is mo creative Input. Its just more of the same. I'm moving back into design while still running what I have. (and maybe adding bits if they come aling) You never know I may feel differently in a few months once I've had a little time out.

I have got to a position where all we clean is commercial. Some great paying contracts. Some not so good. I have minimal fuss and only really invoice as my only daily task. I have great reliable window cleaners that cause me no grief and are capable of being left on their own. I earn a good living but yet it's not enough and have minimal aggro.

Sure when I get my new thing off the ground I will be looking for my next big goal.

The moral of the story is find what makes you happy as restricting yourself by success can be crippling :)

Window Washers

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 02:08:21 pm »

;D

My money would be on Steve putting him on his ars..... bum.
Art
you not seen the size of this guy Art when I say hes massive it is an understatment, he makes steve look small (I know thats shocking as Steve is a big lad) plus he's motivated to the hilt  ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 02:12:51 pm »
My motivation was to keep trudging forward. To build an empire. I would look at other businesses and think that's where I want to be. Only problem is I'm pretty bored of the whole process of getting more work now (im still actively getting and seeking more work though) It doesnt excite me anymore as i find there is mo creative Input. Its just more of the same. I'm moving back into design while still running what I have. (and maybe adding bits if they come aling) You never know I may feel differently in a few months once I've had a little time out.

I have got to a position where all we clean is commercial. Some great paying contracts. Some not so good. I have minimal fuss and only really invoice as my only daily task. I have great reliable window cleaners that cause me no grief and are capable of being left on their own. I earn a good living but yet it's not enough and have minimal aggro.

Sure when I get my new thing off the ground I will be looking for my next big goal.

The moral of the story is find what makes you happy as restricting yourself by success can be crippling :)

aint that the truth

wightsurf

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2012, 02:19:59 pm »
The key to any business is to get as much ££ for as less effort.
Easy said than done most would say,but thats where you have to look at what you got and how to improve on what you have.The one thing that got me was the fact some 400 custys ,clean there windows get piad next one.But hang on there,you got 400 custys just wanting to part with there money.So i got thinking and with out any effort i made in 10 days another £150.00 to the same custys.
So yes sales work,what you chose to sale is the key.
I had no more of the product i chose to sale but im working on setting up a whole new business to supply what my trail proved to me.

I'm not saying what i sold by the way   8)

Steve_c

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2012, 02:27:14 pm »
My biggest motivator was Andy Cheney about 5 years ago

I used to look at his posts, pics, website, style etc and I wanted be just like him, but thought it was impossible to be like him, I thought how does a guy achieve a business like that.

At that time I had a clapped out estate car, no uniform, no website, no staff. Now 5 years later, I have surpassed him 5 fold and I am on my way to catch my latest idols, Jv, allclean etc.

If you are motivated enough you can do it all yourself

I am on my way to catch my latest idols, Jv, allclean  What a brown nose

Window Washers

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2012, 02:27:31 pm »
The key to any business is to get as much ££ for as less effort.
Easy said than done most would say,but thats where you have to look at what you got and how to improve on what you have.The one thing that got me was the fact some 400 custys ,clean there windows get piad next one.But hang on there,you got 400 custys just wanting to part with there money.So i got thinking and with out any effort i made in 10 days another £150.00 to the same custys.
So yes sales work,what you chose to sale is the key.
I had no more of the product i chose to sale but im working on setting up a whole new business to supply what my trail proved to me.

I'm not saying what i sold by the way   8)
you sold them sand did'nt you  :o  ;D