This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cliff perkins

Re: Immersion heater
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 08:46:03 am »
Sorry to bang on but tool station dont do the flange anymore and i looked at that nut to tighten it on but it leaves like hardly any of the thread left to turn it on because of the thickness of the tank.the only sure way i can see is using a 2.25 essex flange to attach the immersion heater.if there are other threads which i have already read it doesnt mean there isnt something somebody
 hasnt tried something new like this essex flange that i will likely be trying its 40 quid but allows for the thickness of the tank.
Its all about gaining experience from others thats the whole point of this site so if i bang on or ask silly questions remember were here to help each other.
Cliff
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 09:33:26 am »
Sorry to bang on but tool station do t do the flange anymore and i looked at that nut to tighten it on but it leaves like hardly any of the thread left to turn it on because of the thickness of the tank.the only sure way i can see if using a 2.25 essex flange to attach the immersion heater.if there are other threads which i have already read it doesnt mean so
Ebody hasnt tried something new like this essex flange that i will likely be trying its 40 quid but allows for the thickness of the tank.
Its all about gaining experience from others thats the whole point of this site so if i bang on or ask silly questions remember were here to help each other.
Cliff

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Immersion-Heater-Mechanical-Tank-Flange-Boss-Biodiesel-Wvo-/140695717435#vi-content

Here you go Cliff. This one's even better as it has a sealing rubber washer built in. ;)

I would ask how deep the male thread is first though. My waydale 400ltr tank walls are 7mm thick.

Cliff perkins

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 10:09:46 am »
Cheers will give the guy on ebay a call later

gto

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 10:45:34 am »
find a local plumbing parts place they will have boxes of them.

when i was fitting my tank, none of the big plumbing/diy stores had the parts i needed, but the tiny back street plumbing shop had it all, and was half the price on most things.

Cliff perkins

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2012, 11:20:53 am »
I went around about 10 shops on saturday gone but sadly nobody had a flange that would be any good.
Cheers anyway

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 11:57:31 am »
I would also "lube" this washer with something like a drop of washing up liquid before you tighten it up too, this should ensure it doesn't get deformed as it turns against the plastic tank under pressure. ;)

Avoid Vaseline, it's petrol based & can make the rubber swell.

Deangsi

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 12:08:22 pm »
this is what i did step by step.took the gasket and drew tje circle on the tank took a drill and drilled holes all the way aroand close together make sure you do this on the inside of the line so its not to big. Then use the drill to cut roand any trimming use a sharp stanley. All of that was to save buying an inacurate holesaw screw the heater in with the gasket with a bolt on the other side didnt use sealant but mine is in the top of the tank.

Window Washers

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 12:21:06 pm »
Sorry to bang on but tool station do t do the flange anymore and i looked at that nut to tighten it on but it leaves like hardly any of the thread left to turn it on because of the thickness of the tank.the only sure way i can see if using a 2.25 essex flange to attach the immersion heater.if there are other threads which i have already read it doesnt mean so
Ebody hasnt tried something new like this essex flange that i will likely be trying its 40 quid but allows for the thickness of the tank.
Cliff

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Immersion-Heater-Mechanical-Tank-Flange-Boss-Biodiesel-Wvo-/140695717435#vi-content

Here you go Cliff. This one's even better as it has a sealing rubber washer built in. ;)

I would ask how deep the male thread is first though. My waydale 400ltr tank walls are 7mm thick.
this isnt on topic but relates to this like sort of:

Winpro, have you added a fill port on your wydale tank and sealed the lid ?

The reson I ask is because everyone of there tanks I have and have had all leak, all three tanks in my vans leak and it get on my nerves.

where would I get a (what I guess your calling a flange)

god im bad at explaining what I want:

I want a fill point that takes a fuel pump sized nozzle to fill water from and when finished be able to screw a lid on or clicp a lid to seal it, I can then seal the tank lids to the tanks, is there anything about that you know of or are using already ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

simbo

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 12:55:32 pm »
bought a flange with mine but cut such a tight hole it was not needed just a little sealant, i do have to circulate the water though as tank baffled so only heats one side, for the cost of it though i might just fit another so it heats up nice and quick.
paul

Tom White

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2012, 02:07:04 pm »
Does it really have to be a 27" heating element?  That is pretty big.  Wouldn't the smaller one suffice?

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 02:22:59 pm »
Does it really have to be a 27" heating element?  That is pretty big.  Wouldn't the smaller one suffice?

I would imagine the longer the better. There's only pennies between the two lengths but if for any reason the 27" one was too long then an 11" would work but I would guess not quite as well.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 02:25:46 pm »
Cliff

The reson I ask is because everyone of there tanks I have and have had all leak, all three tanks in my vans leak and it get on my nerves.

I want a fill point that takes a fuel pump sized nozzle to fill water from and when finished be able to screw a lid on or clicp a lid to seal it, I can then seal the tank lids to the tanks, is there anything about that you know of or are using already ?

Yes, I have a mini-Torbeck float valve on the inside of the tank which is connected to a male hozelock on the outside for filling.

One full roll of PTFE tape on the tank lid threads (male) will cure it leaking, although, if you're constantly taking the lid off then you might have to replenish this more often. ;)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 02:31:18 pm »

Window Washers

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 02:37:39 pm »
Cliff

Yes, I have a mini-Torbeck float valve on the inside of the tank which is connected to a male hozelock on the outside for filling.

One full roll of PTFE tape on the tank lid threads (male) will cure it leaking, although, if you're constantly taking the lid off then you might have to replenish this more often. ;)
cheers for the reply, I will add that on my static setup i'm building again.
on my tank lids they come off every fill due to filling up with a high pressured pump normally under 10 mins for a 650l tank, so cant use hoselock for that, need something where I simple can insert a nozzle about 1 inch wide that will seal after, any ideas on that ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Cliff perkins

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2012, 06:54:34 pm »
Heres a site for the bits i found i ordered mine today mechanical flange and immersion heater cheapest i found anywhere. Www.gofixit.co.uk

clarkson

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2012, 07:16:17 pm »

hi
 anyone use a thermostat to control temprature/energy usage?

cheers

john

paul saunders

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2012, 07:42:15 pm »
Ian, you could fit a proper mechanicle flange in the top of your tank, then fit a blanking plug after you have filled up. This would give you a 2"  hole to put your fill hose in. You might have to "nip" the blanking plug with a spaner to make sure it doesn't leak. ;)
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

Lee GLS

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2012, 07:48:30 pm »

hi

cheers

john

The immersion heater has a controllable stat on it, but it would have to be on all night in a small tank to reach those sort of temperatures.

clarkson

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 07:57:27 pm »

hi

cheers

john

The immersion heater has a controllable stat on it, but it would have to be on all night in a small tank to reach those sort of temperatures.

hi lee
my 225 litre megaflo can get tap cold to shower temp in 20 mins, so i was thinking 650 litre an hour or two or i have got this all wrong?

thats why i ask about thermostat, you dont want it bubblin all night and i dont want to be in the van at 2.00 in the morning swithching it off.

john

Sean Dyer

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2012, 08:43:37 pm »
Would thermostatic plug not work?

Wired to the immersion heater