Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Linda - Payatrader

Re: Looking in to accepting plastic...
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2012, 11:26:13 am »
right my two pennys worth for what it matters .  If i only occasionally accepted cc or debit payment or just want to give custys the option  i would prob go with the virtual terminal .   but for someone like myself who does 90 % transactions through a pin terminal its expensive .  i average between 4-5 k a month through the machine and i only accept debits so its 14p per transaction.    if i were to pay 3% it would be 150 a month   so no way would i do that .  my terminal costs me 24 a month and my transaction charges rarely go above a tenner. I payed no setup fee and have no minimum on the merchant account and the money hits my account 4 working days after the trans.    when you take into account time spent trooping off to the bank and the cash handling charges and bank charges involved in paying in  its prob about the same money .  i now do not accept cheques especially for eot jobs as i know when the card goes in the machine and is accepted the money is mine no more chasing rubber cheques. 

Just to let you know that the rate Payatrader would charge at this level of turnover would be 2.5%.

If you go to www.payatrader.com and click on "fees",  you'll find a fee table with 6 bands. We charge based on weekly turnover, and these charges automatically adjust in line with usage to make sure you get the best rate. At present the bands go from 2.3% to 2.95%.

For businesses with high turnover or who have an existing merchant account it's best to call us.

Payatrader is really designed for low volume / casual users who cannot justify the cost of renting a terminal.

Hope this helps & glad you got a good deal.

Robert Watson

Re: Looking in to accepting plastic...
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2012, 04:00:02 pm »
Hi Paul,

It's not a phone app as such but a mobile optimised site that you can reach at www.payatrader.mobi.

When you go to this site it bring up simplified screen for taking the payment via your mobile.

Regards
Linda

;D Yeah that,s right. Thanks Linda.
Rab. Getting old and losing it.
The Kitchen Door Centre