Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Hilton

Dry Fusion Stair Cleaning Machine
« on: January 19, 2012, 04:46:41 pm »
Any one got one or seen one being used, how effective is it and what about doing the rises, looks cumbersome.

creighton foyle

Re: Dry Fusion Stair Cleaning Machine
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 07:14:18 pm »
if you are talking about the one with the oblong or square vibrating plate i think it is now dicontinued as they were having difficulty getting parts to service/repair it. if you are talking about the little hand held roto thingy i have one but do not find it that good.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 07:34:28 pm »
Maybe an EdgePro from Amtech fitted with Chemspec Spotting Pads would do the job.

Hilton

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 09:00:19 am »
if you are talking about the one with the oblong or square vibrating plate i think it is now dicontinued as they were having difficulty getting parts to service/repair it. if you are talking about the little hand held roto thingy i have one but do not find it that good.

Ive looked at their site and it's still for sale on there, I was just intrigued as to its operation and if any one actually had one ,clearly not

DayV

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 12:45:21 am »
Hi Hilton,I have been using the Dry Fusion Vibra Dry stair cleaning machine for around 7 years,and have constantly been delighted and regularly amazed at the finish it provides.This machine allows you clean the stairs from every angle,tread nose and upright,while getting into every corner.Yes at first it did seem heavy and akward to use,but like every other piece of cleaning kit,once you master
 the technique the results speak for themselves.As part of an excellent low moisture cleaning system ,and based on my experience of using it, if they do still stock this item, I would have no hesitation in recommending it .
   cheers David Mcbroom .

from edge2edge

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 09:07:26 am »
David how much is it and can mere mortals(non dry fusion guys) buy it to use in conjunction with my thermadry.Regards Alan(swindon)

creighton foyle

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 10:12:21 am »
hilton what site are you looking at ?, i can't see it on there.

DayV

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 11:07:59 am »
Hi edge2edge,
                     Sorry but  I don't recall what I paid for the vibra dry machine.I believe it is part of the Dry Fusion system ,and as such you need to be a licensed Dry Fusion operator to purchase it,although possibly(and this is just my thoughts) the economic climate may have altered, or placed this in a category of being an item that compliments not only the Dry Fusion system but any low moisture cleaning similar system and as such ,would then offer the possibility of a sale.Give them a call and I'm sure you will find any of the team there to be very helpful.
   Cheers David McBroom .

Seymour Sunshine

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 11:44:25 am »
Is this the machine you're talking about?

?

It looks like an orbital sander and sounds like one from the description:

http://www.cleanitalluk.co.uk/Houses-Carpets-Upholstery/vibradry.html
Banjo players are sent from heaven ... to make drummers look good.

Hilton

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 12:47:42 pm »
Here you go Creighton;

http://www.dryfusionuk.com/dry_fusion_machine.html

and scroll down

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 01:47:23 pm »
And for those who do not need the heat, but would like to LM stairs

At a fraction of the cost

will last a good 6 months on stairs using at the rate of 4 flights a day 5 days a week.

also works on upholstery

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_189810_langId_-1_categoryId_165640

;D ;D ;D

Seymour Sunshine

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 02:08:08 pm »
will last a good 6 months on stairs using at the rate of 4 flights a day 5 days a week.
also works on upholstery
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_189810_langId_-1_categoryId_165640
 ;D ;D ;D

Do you use one?

Banjo players are sent from heaven ... to make drummers look good.

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 02:37:59 pm »
I do actually yes...
You have to change the terry pad very frequently, but it works on stairs.... very well indeed.

creighton foyle

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 03:36:55 pm »
hilton you must be getting the df page up from a past link as it is defo not on there now.
 i just spoke to tony at df and he confirmed they no longer sell the machine as they are unable to get a supply

Chris Hawkes

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 05:37:06 pm »

also works on upholstery

;D ;D ;D

I saw that piece of kit when I popped into Halfords for a car battery last week and thought it looked ok for those purposes.

For that money its got to be worth a punt, if only because I hate extracting stairs so much.

Chris

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 06:21:28 pm »
I have been pure LM for 18 months now, and only on the second one......

as long as you pre-spray well and agitate well with a hand brush, this machine being op removes it very quickly indeed....

Mrs Hector does the stairs with this whilst I use the rotary downstairs......

Works a treat...

bennymon

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 01:58:02 pm »
Hi hector I've been looking into dry fusion have you done the whole 18 months  without needing an extraction machine because every so often you must get a real minger cheers del

creighton foyle

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 04:01:27 pm »
i have an airflex which i bought 17 months ago and i have only used it 4 or 5 times and not at all last year, have not yet come across anything i could'nt clean with the host or the dry fusion machine.

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 04:08:21 pm »
You can LM clean real mingers, as long as you do it correctly, I have had 2 that I have refused to clean in the 18 months, and to be honest I would have refused the same ones even with HWE, so in answer to your question with the correct solutions and tecnique IMO you can LM nearly all jobs.

Creighton seems to agree as well...

;D ;D ;D

Russ Chadd

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 04:27:01 pm »
I have one of these machines...

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/product_p/kestdual.htm

And i also have these brushes...

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/product_p/upbrs.htm

Im sure you could somehow adapt a MF hand towel to one of these, the brushes are great for machine agitation, the stiffer brush is great on working in pre sprays on stairs stairs and the upholstery brush is gentle on the finer fabrics.

Chris Hawkes

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 07:16:31 pm »
Creighton & Hector

Not wishing to bring up the old deep clean/superficial clean HWE v LM chestnut but....

I clean some pubs and clubs down here that have a huge amount of beer/drink soiling, so much so that I feel it would be impossible to remove it all just using bonnets.  I do a fair amount of bonneting and LM work and know the amount of soiling the bonnets remove and, from what I can see, it is not comparable.  I appreciate that the soil is held within the bonnet itself so is not entirely visible.

I am seriously considering going down the DF route in the future as a marketing tool so I am not dissing the products or methods, just questioning whether the method would extract as much soiling as I would like.  I will have to come up to Swansea to see it in action I think.

With regard to the bonnets for the polisher from Halfords Hector, are they available from elsewhere or do you have to buy the twin packs from Halfords themselves?

Chris

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 07:51:11 pm »
Not wishing to bring up the old deep clean/superficial clean HWE v LM chestnut but....

Then don't    ;D ;D ;D ;D

I do not do commercials so very rarely encounter black top etc

and as for the bonnets I don't buy the halfords ones as they have the fluffy wooly one which is not any good for the job I go to ebay and buy these ones

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370532066383?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

other pads are available

;D ;D ;D

creighton foyle

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 08:16:40 pm »
chris if hwe gets a carpet 100% clean then i think that other methods be they lm or whatever will get a carpet 98% clean so if you assume that pre vac gets out 80% of the dry soil in the carpet then all thats left is visible dirt on the surface which i think cleans off as well with bonneting as hwe and the so called "deep soiling" which if you think about how thick your average carpet is there can't really be much of  (not if you vacced properly) as most carpets are not that deep.

so in conclusion i would'nt argue that anything else is better than hwe but i am happy that when i leave a customer the carpet looks and smells clean ,there are none of the potential problems/risks associated with hwe,  the customer is happy with the results and i get payed having done the best job i can  in the quickest way i can whilst earning the most money i can which is why i am in this business .

Chris Hawkes

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 08:27:42 pm »
Many thanks for that link Hector - I couldn't see the size of the polisher head on the Halfords site.

It wasn't so much the blacktop I would be concerned about but the beer and mixers lurking within.

I completely understand your point of view Creighton but in the pubs and clubs (rugby ones especially) I think there is as much beer spilt on the floor on a Saturday evening than is drunk which can be tricky to be vacced out. 

I have no issue with LM, bonneting or DF so I will say no more on the subject.

Chris

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 09:27:36 pm »
Hi hector I've been looking into dry fusion have you done the whole 18 months  without needing an extraction machine because every so often you must get a real minger cheers del
Hi benny i have been using Dry Fusion for nearly 3 years and its a great bit of kit i have never used HWE as i only own the df and i would recomend to anyone a great lm setup and doe's a fantastic job.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

bennymon

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 09:47:23 pm »
may be worth a punt then  ;)

bennymon

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 07:09:47 pm »
can you guys do stain removal without a spotting machine ??

creighton foyle

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 07:28:30 pm »
i use a mytee hybrid for spotting, great little machine if you can pick one up second hand.

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2012, 07:29:48 pm »
can you guys do stain removal without a spotting machine ??

If the stain comes out............

yes

if not

no

;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 07:31:24 pm »
To be fair, we attempt all stains, but as we do not have a spotter, and we class stain removal as extra to carpet cleaning, all our customers are told this prior to booking, it is not really a problem to us.

Most of the time the stains come out with the agitation and pad away.

garry22

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 07:43:24 pm »
Guys, you've just got to use common sense here.

I predominantly use Dry Fusion (but adjust my marketing accordingly) for cmmercials, HWE for domestics

A couple of weeks ago I did a club with probably the worst blacktop I have ever seen. It had to be done with HWE. It was so bad that when I removed the top layer, there were actually ring pulls from cans embedded in the blacktop. These were not visible until I removed the top layer.

If I wanted to prove a point I could have done it with DF (eventually) but it would have taken much longer and cost a load more in chemical costs. For the record, I@ve do (still do) quite a few low profile jobs that have been left in a right mess through poor HWE ing.