This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

What would you like to know about online/offline marketing ?

SEO (search engine optimization)
Facebook and Facebook pages
Twitter
LinkedIn
Google +
webdesign
how to increase revenues
Offline marketing techniques
Best places to advertise

Window Washers

Re: If YOU could LEARN, what would it be?
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 09:28:01 am »
66 votes so far keep them coming please :)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 05:01:22 pm »
ok 70 votes now which is great,

I like the click rates that 100's views yet dont know how to add to a poll and click away. Odd although interesting

thanks to the 70 that have joinged in so far  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 05:07:09 pm »
Turn water into wine and alchemy ;D
Spit and polish

Pj

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 05:50:52 pm »
My option isn't there - To play guitar as good as a mix between James Taylor Jimi Hendrix and Al DiMeola

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 06:53:52 pm »
My option isn't there - To play guitar as good as a mix between James Taylor Jimi Hendrix and Al DiMeola

Throw Edward Van-Halen & David Gilmour in & I'll be with you! ;)

Londoner

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 10:13:28 am »
Vince has to do with the business side of window cleaning , do you not do any of this things listed ?

I'm a little shocked you don't think has anything to do with window cleaning seeing as we all need to market our business.

I don't, I haven't advertised in years. The work comes to me, more than I know what to do with.

Window Washers

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 08:03:10 pm »
Vince has to do with the business side of window cleaning , do you not do any of this things listed ?

I'm a little shocked you don't think has anything to do with window cleaning seeing as we all need to market our business.

I don't, I haven't advertised in years. The work comes to me, more than I know what to do with.
nice

AshWhite

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 09:40:44 pm »
Also, what you'd like to know more about, and what you intend learning more about in 2012 are two completely different things.
I'd like to know more about SEO, but I don't plan on devoting a huge amount of my time to it - there's certain things that are more suitable at paying experts for than devoting hours of your own labour to learning about (and implementing).
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Window Washers

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 05:51:08 pm »
if you dont take any action I guess your right on the first part 
The second part I agree with you, although some people like to learn things instead of paying for them.

Window Washers

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 06:42:46 pm »
need only 20 more people to vote on this to give the correct findings

carl stanton

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2012, 06:48:36 pm »

I like the click rates that 100's views yet dont know how to add to a poll and click away. Odd although interesting

you should know that click rate and conversion are normally a vast difference  ;D and anyway i have looked at this post a few times so there  is a click but no vote number  ;D

just saying, so what ya planning boyo?   ;D
i can hear your mind ticking lol

geefree

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2012, 09:28:17 pm »
I would love to learn how to play the piano  ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2012, 08:24:17 am »

you should know that click rate and conversion are normally a vast difference  ;D and anyway i have looked at this post a few times so there  is a click but no vote number  ;D

just saying, so what ya planning boyo?   ;D
i can hear your mind ticking lol
Stops reading it your buggering up my metrics  ;D
tbh I am only using the votes not the clicks although they still can play a part ;)

Davo

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2012, 02:38:29 pm »
Well ive recently built a website, i decided to build it myself, as i thought it would be a skill that would stand me in good stead for the future, plus i was quoted £1,200 for a 5 page site in a particular CMS, its money for oid rope with half of em. My site currently has about 140 pages and growing.
Building the site was a tough struggle, the SEO is another, and an ongoing one. But if it was easy everyone would be doing it wouldn't they!

Window Washers

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2012, 04:28:25 pm »

Well ive recently built a website, i decided to build it myself, as i thought it would be a skill that would stand me in good stead for the future, plus i was quoted £1,200 for a 5 page site in a particular CMS, its money for oid rope with half of em. My site currently has about 140 pages and growing.
Building the site was a tough struggle, the SEO is another, and an ongoing one. But if it was easy everyone would be doing it wouldn't they!
:o 140 pages thats some site, 5 page site for £1,200 is a joke, max £500 with it seo'd. Swear half of these companies live in the 90's

geefree

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2012, 05:53:32 pm »
window washer, i thought you built websites on a part time basis, or am i thinking of a different window washers?

Window Washers

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2012, 06:09:08 pm »
window washer, i thought you built websites on a part time basis, or am i thinking of a different window washers?
I do Gazza, but I dont sting people for £1200, right now i'm not taking on any more sites only pages as whole site is being redeveloped
new services higher prices, but £1200 :o THATS JUST TAKING THE P

Davo

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2012, 07:10:51 pm »
:o 140 pages thats some site, 5 page site for £1,200 is a joke, max £500 with it seo'd. Swear half of these companies live in the 90's

Yes thats what i thought, and most of them use the same template just change the graphics and a couple of colour options. They think everyone falls for this "web developer" hype. Times are a changing. I could build a quality 5 page site now and would charge  about £300, would take me about 7-8 hours with supplied artwork and copy, social media links etc. Not that i want the work mind.

Window Washers

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2012, 07:41:20 pm »

Yes thats what i thought, and most of them use the same template just change the graphics and a couple of colour options. They think everyone falls for this "web developer" hype. Times are a changing. I could build a quality 5 page site now and would charge  about £300, would take me about 7-8 hours with supplied artwork and copy, social media links etc. Not that i want the work mind.
building the website is not what takes the time imo, it is what is behind it that takes the time and makes it work, looks are just for vanity. Templates are made to make design easy, making them work is another field all together and this changes with every panda update

slendersunfish

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2012, 10:52:41 am »
Sorry , But this is a poorly worded survey!

The options are not comparable, For example Facebook and linkedin are Examples of S.E.O (which is another option)
They are also places to advertise so could be considered a tick in the "where to advertise" box. There will be a bias towards the Broader Headings -SEO and Where to Advertise.
|Good Comments though !