This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mattstanley

Ionics Residential 10" Brush
« on: December 12, 2005, 10:37:38 pm »
What are your thoughts on this (if you're using one of course)?

It was sold to me (with the pole obviously) by a very enthusiastic salesman.  However, I find the holes in the jets very wide (when compared to the Vikan brushes) and this means the pressure of the jets from the brush is much less, unless you turn the flow rate up on your pump, which obviously uses more water.

I'm on the verge of buying a Vikan replacement, but wondered if any of you had thoughts on this.

Peter Fogwill

Re: Ionics Residential 10" Brush
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 10:41:00 pm »
You might find that the Vikan brush will be the same.  It depends who you buy it from, and what jets they put in them.

Peter Fogwill

mattstanley

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 10:47:49 pm »
Thanks Peter - I appreciate that.
These jets are wide - my friends 'basic' Vikan brush has jets a mm or 2 wide - does make a massive difference.
Will try to contact Ionics about replacement jets but I fear they may not have an option being only a residentail head.

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 10:48:30 pm »
I tried the Ionics brush and had exactly the same problem.

Like Peter says make sure the jets are narrower on the Vikan or probably better still get one of Peters automatic brushes. From what I can see and have heard they are a major step forward.

I will be in touch soon Peter  :)

Andrew

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 08:17:26 am »
We fit our Vikan brushes with a 2mm jet as standard and this works great, many other firms just go too large (no names) we do however offer larger jets as an option if you want.

Alex

JM123

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 10:37:46 am »
I've tried all types of jets on different poles and time and time again the only ones I can recommend are the fan spray nozzles from Cleantech - you need to get the bulkhead connectors and 6mm tee-piece along with them but works out about £10 per pair, saves loads of time in rinsing and uses less water.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

telboy

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 10:56:47 am »
JM123

DO THESE FAN SPRAYS FIT IN VIKAN BRUSHES

REGARDS TEL BOY ;)

JM123

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 11:49:22 am »
yeah they fit perfectly, to fit them all you need to do is push the old nozzles out from the bristle side to the back of the brush, you can drill them out too with a 6mm hss drill bit.  Next drill out the holes with a 12mm drill bit, then tap with a 12mm tap (available from most hardware stores)  the bulkhead connectors will then screw into place and use the 2 locking hex nuts to lock into place, the nozzles then push into the bulkhead from the other side.  If still in doubt I'll send you some photos of mine.  PS you can fit them to the ionics residential brush also.

Ballymena N.I

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 01:08:28 pm »
Matt,

If you call our sales office on 0845 22 66 002 we can supply you with the jets the same as we fit in the commercial brush heads, this will reduce the flow but increase the pressure

Regards

Reuben

matt

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 01:11:34 pm »
JM123

DO THESE FAN SPRAYS FIT IN VIKAN BRUSHES

REGARDS TEL BOY ;)

http://www.d.co.uk/brush/

a bit of a guide, i use the cleantech stuff aswell ;)

latest supplier details on DIY forum

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 04:45:47 pm »
I've just phoned Rueben's sales office.  They told me you couldn't change an Ionics residential brush head into a fan-jet head.  They gave me an explanation; but I didn't really catch it; something to do with my type of brush head not being suitable; only the commercial one; or something.

I did phone them late in the at 4.30 pm though.  I used to hate getting phone calls at that time of day in a previous occupation.

But is it possible Rueben?

mattstanley

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 05:11:15 pm »
Hi Tosh

It could be that it's not fan jet nozzles, just smaller straight jet nozzles(?)

Hi Reuben

Would appreciate some feedback on Tosh's comments.

Also, the sales guy told me that you could replace the clamps on my residential pole - however, after getting the pole, I read in the brochure (or somewhere) that you can't - I hope you can because one of mine went a bit skew-wiff after 3 hours use (and believe me, I'm treating it with kid gloves).

My pressing need though is to get smaller diameter jets for my residential brush head.

Thanks
Matt.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 09:20:16 pm »
Try 1mm holes.

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 10:23:09 pm »
It was sold to me (with the pole obviously) by a very enthusiastic salesman.  However, I find the holes in the jets very wide (when compared to the Vikan brushes) and this means the pressure of the jets from the brush is much less, unless you turn the flow rate up on your pump, which obviously uses more water.

I insert short lenghths of earth sleeving (about 1") into the jet heads (brush end ) I find this fit just right and gives a good jet of water
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 10:44:09 pm »
I've just phoned Rueben's sales office.  They told me you couldn't change an Ionics residential brush head into a fan-jet head.  They gave me an explanation; but I didn't really catch it; something to do with my type of brush head not being suitable; only the commercial one; or something.

I did phone them late in the at 4.30 pm though.  I used to hate getting phone calls at that time of day in a previous occupation.

But is it possible Rueben?

No you can not change to fan-jet, but you can use brush head screws that have jets the same as commercial brush heads on multi/residential poles.   

They screw into existing holes of brush, give me a call tm on 07879 443 043 for more info

Regards

Reuben

Ian_Giles

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2005, 08:24:13 am »
Reuben,

Any chance of a detailed reason why you could not convert one of your residential brushes to use fan jets?
I am aware that bristles would have to be removed along the line of the spread of the fan, but is there something about the shape or nature of the actual body of the brush that prevents such a conversion?

Not that I have one of your residential brushes and wish to convert it by the way! I'd quite like to try one out in fact, but my poles are Unger and your brushes don't fit them.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

JM123

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2005, 01:10:59 pm »
Reuben - I have changed the nozzles on your res poles - you need to remove most of the centre bristles and requires putting on of the lock nuts on the other side of the brush - works fine, with saying that, why do you not fit them as standard - its what most people want. 

PS - I'm not one for slagging but your agents in N.Ireland are awful and treat you like dirt unless you plan to spend ££££'s - would use some of your stuff now had it not been for you know who.

Ballymena N.I

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2005, 09:58:43 pm »
Reuben - I have changed the nozzles on your res poles - you need to remove most of the centre bristles and requires putting on of the lock nuts on the other side of the brush - works fine, with saying that, why do you not fit them as standard - its what most people want. 

PS - I'm not one for slagging but your agents in N.Ireland are awful and treat you like dirt unless you plan to spend ££££'s - would use some of your stuff now had it not been for you know who.

We are going to put them in as standard next year, the new price list comes out in January so will be able to add costs of the jets.

Sorry to hear that you are not happy with one of our agents in N Ireland, we have other Distributors in Ireland that would be happy to supply you with our Ionic Products.
For further deatils of representation in Ireland please contact Steve Peel at steve@ionicsystems.com     

Regards

Reuben 

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2005, 10:09:50 pm »
Reuben,

Any chance of a detailed reason why you could not convert one of your residential brushes to use fan jets?
I am aware that bristles would have to be removed along the line of the spread of the fan, but is there something about the shape or nature of the actual body of the brush that prevents such a conversion?

Not that I have one of your residential brushes and wish to convert it by the way! I'd quite like to try one out in fact, but my poles are Unger and your brushes don't fit them.

Ian

Ian

The jets give a lot more flexability to contol the flow of water, increased for initial heavily soiled cleans, the fan jets are ok for regular monthly cleans but dont deliver enough water for initial deep cleans.

The commercial brush heads have both options either through the brush or spray over the brush through fan jet nozzle.

Personally i prefer the water through the brush as there is less risk of wetting brickwork above the window frame and draw dirt down onto the window. 

Regards

Reuben

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2005, 11:02:18 pm »
Reuben, I think they want fan jets through the brush.  I don't know if this is what you mean.

Peter Fogwill