Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne zabel

Dog Vomit stain
« on: December 23, 2011, 12:21:46 pm »
I know most of you guys are in holiday mode but just after some advice.

Got a call from a good customer saying shes got a dog vomit stain on a wool carpet.She says shes tried star drops but can still see the stain. ;D

Obviously needs a good flush first but whats a good solution to try to get the stain out?

Ive read that M Power is good on vomit stains - how long would you dwell for with this?

Going round tomorrow to try to get it out so any help gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Wayne

steven Banks

Re: Dog Vomit stain
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 05:42:42 pm »
What colour is the carpet? What colour is the stain? How long has it been there?

An optical brightner may be ideal for this if it's a light coloured carpet? Prochem OxiBright or Chemspec Energizer.

Give the area in question a good flush as you say, using a good deorderizer in tank. Get the area dry asap afterwards.

All should be well.

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 07:50:03 pm »
m power is very good Wayne as it removes the smell as well ...

I would mix it about 80:1 with as hot as you can get water out of the tap add soluboost if you have it, then prespray agitate and leave for a good 20 mins whilst you explain to custard how colloidals work and drink your coffee.

Then clear water rinse, spraying the air with deo to aid the clean effect.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 07:58:09 pm »
Prochem Stain Pro if stain still there Red Rx.

Cheers Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

wayne zabel

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 06:57:19 pm »
Thanks for the replies - I have only just noticed them.

Went round before Xmas to have a look and to be honest the client had got a lot of the stain out herself.

I rinsed the area and then treated with M Power with a 15 minute dwell rinsed again and give a very light mist of MP, and told her I would contact her after the holidays to see what the outcome was.Called today and was told that stain was gone and could I come and do the rest of the hall as the area where stain was now looks much brighter than rest of carpet ;D

davep

Jim_77

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 09:55:29 pm »
I did a dog vomit stain today on a mint condition pale cream 80/20... the dog had scoffed a load of cheese before barfing it back up leaving a nice yellow patch :-X

I was torn between going straight in with the sod met and sanitising after, or doing the other way round.  After scratching my head for a bit (ok flipping a coin) I doused it in m-power at about 1:50, with some odour neutraliser on top, left it for about 20 minutes whilst doing some other bits n bobs and then flushed it through... 100% removed

The stain was less than 48 hours old, if it had been there longer I'd have probably done it the other way round I think.