This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CLEANCARE WC

INSURANCE FOR BERLINGO MULTISPACE
« on: December 14, 2011, 02:54:38 pm »
MY INSURANCE RENEWAL IS DUE TOMORROW AND MY INSURERS HAVE JUST INFORMED ME THEY CANT COVER ME BECAUSE THE VEHICLE IS SIGN WRITTEN, EVEN THOUGH THEY DID LAST YEAR. I DEFINATELY TOLD THEM, MAKES ME WONDER IF THEY WOULD OF PAYED OUT! BANDITS!  ANYWAY I WONDERED IF ANYONE KNOWS AN INSURER THAT WILL COVER FOR SIGN WRITTEN BERLINGO MULTISPACE AS ITS TECHNICALLY A CAR?
SEEMS LIKE IM IN NO MANS LAND HERE ???

ANY HELP FROM ANYONE WOULD BE APPRECIATED. DAN
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

andyM

Re: INSURANCE FOR BERLINGO MULTISPACE
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 03:24:15 pm »
Just try ringing round insurance companies Dan.
There must be at least one that will insure it.
If you can't find a company to insure it maybe consider taking the sign writing off.  :o
One of the Plebs

dave.e

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 04:26:31 pm »
MY INSURANCE RENEWAL IS DUE TOMORROW AND MY INSURERS HAVE JUST INFORMED ME THEY CANT COVER ME BECAUSE THE VEHICLE IS SIGN WRITTEN, EVEN THOUGH THEY DID LAST YEAR. I DEFINATELY TOLD THEM, MAKES ME WONDER IF THEY WOULD OF PAYED OUT! BANDITS!  ANYWAY I WONDERED IF ANYONE KNOWS AN INSURER THAT WILL COVER FOR SIGN WRITTEN BERLINGO MULTISPACE AS ITS TECHNICALLY A CAR?
SEEMS LIKE IM IN NO MANS LAND HERE ???

ANY HELP FROM ANYONE WOULD BE APPRECIATED. DAN

it come's to some think when insurance companies are now playing up about sign written vans they are a law on to them self s

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 04:41:13 pm »
Just try ringing round insurance companies Dan.
There must be at least one that will insure it.
If you can't find a company to insure it maybe consider taking the sign writing off.  :o

I only had it done last week....£250!

My original signwritten multispace died in june so did a mid term change of vehicle with not too much problem because it was essentially the same vehicle. only got round to sign writing last week, as I said didnt think it would be a problem as I told them about sign writing on original van/car.

George P

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 04:43:46 pm »
stephen eyre at G.T.Insurance, he is very helpful, his  number is 0115 9394747, we have started going to him now as helpful and competetive, all our insurances are here,
hope that helps
george

YWCS

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 04:44:39 pm »
I'm sure it used to be cheaper if it was sign written

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 06:33:47 pm »
Well after 2 hours of hell and at least a dozen quote enquirys I am insured. I had to take out a commercial car insurance policy. fully comp,replacement vehicle,legal protection £662 thats with 3 years no claims. Interestingly this is lower than the renewal price from hastings with nowhere near the cover, even if they had excepted the sign writing.

I BIT HIS HAND OFF! off after 2 hours of thinking i wasnt going to get insurance at all. none of the regular car insurers would touch it one chap told me because as soon as you tell them its been sign written they know it will be used as a van? which doesnt make sense as they are happy to insure window cleaners and by its very design the multispace seats fold up to give almost the same floor space as the van.

Anway happy the potential nightmare is over. thanks for your help and suggestions everyone.

CraigBlues

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 08:49:25 pm »
You still got your multispace?

windiewasher

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 09:02:00 am »
Its because its a car and not made to be a van.vans are tougher and made for purpose.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 10:01:26 am »
You still got your multispace?

No she died last oct...R.I.P. Belle
(rust into pieces)

I have a Citroên Dispatch now.

CraigBlues

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 10:28:10 am »
Shame!

How did you have her setup? Got any pictures of the back? I'm planning on re-designing mine a little and just trying to get some ideas..