Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james roffey

Re: time on the job
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 01:32:58 pm »
I never do more than three job in a day that's more than enough for me your right setting your equipment up and putting away plus doing the job, i don't know how some of the guys do it. for me on average its one to two jobs a day i can earn more than enough from that.

Today Lounge/hall/ stair/bathroom and landing

Two bed flat

Total £320 i am happy with that

JandS

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 01:54:33 pm »
6 and 7 jobs in a day???
With a porty that must be a hell of
a long day.
Average job time from arrive to depart
say 90 mins = 10.5 hours.
Driving round , eating etc = 2.5 hours.
So 13 hour day and that's if there all
close which I doubt with 7 jobs.
Once did 6 in summer and got home at
9pm and vowed never again.
3 or 4 at most, as someone said it's about
how much not how many.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

JandS

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 01:56:19 pm »
2 so far today and was home at 12.45, left
at 09.15.
Unfortunately I have a job to go to at 6pm
and I hate evening work in Winter.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

chrisjohn

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 02:24:41 pm »
James and John

Similar to you guys regarding total jobs in a day.4 is really hard going with a porty.Problem for me working in a large city is the travelling time between jobs.Other day, job in scholes(east leeds area),then over to Pudsey (west leeds)19 miles and 40 mins in van.

Chris

Nigel_W

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2011, 06:28:29 pm »
Jamie,

I have been in this business over 22 years and I have not yet managed to do 7 jobs in one day. In fact it is probably almost impossible in London even for 7 of the smallest possible jobs due to traffic and parking.

The number of jobs you complete in one day means nothing anyway. What matters is how many pounds you have in your pocket at the end of the day and how many of todays clients will ring you next time they need cleaning.

I  would prefer the minimum number of jobs per day. I have been working hard to improve my average job value and reduce the number of jobs.

Nigel

Personally...I dont agree with this statement. For me yes it,s nice to go home with 4-500 pounds per day but I think like this... The more doors you get in the more referals you get. Works for me. Its not about earning £500 pound in a day. I prefer a consatant flow of work and a regular income. I learnt this from my granma "little and often" is better than all in one go then worry about where next is coming from. I implement this in my business and i never have to worry about where my next customer is coming from as always booked solid. Some chose not to work like this but at the end of the day its my business and it works for me and a big factor is your personal circumstances. If you have massive morgage and loads of other commitments then yes you need a high income fast as people worry about paying for the lifestyle they live. I think this is where the world has gone wrong. People have got greedy and expect others to pay for it. I pefer to offer a quallity service at a fair price affordable for everyone. This long lerm is better without a doubt. I read comments after comments from people on here struggling. My advice is "your best asset in your business is your customers. The more you have and the better value for money you give them strenthens your business and refferals are never short of." I am not knocking anyone... only trying to be onest and perhaps give helpfull advice.

work today
h/s/l
lounge
lounge diner
stairs/ landing lounge
2 +3 seater

Thanks for that Monty. I have been wondering where it was all going so wrong ::)

Nigel

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2011, 06:32:29 pm »
4 is my max in a day that's a 9-5 mind you

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 06:39:40 pm »
I did 5 jobs today all quite local apart from the 1st one

Thru Lounge
Thru Lounge and hall
Sofa and chair and lounge
Lounge
Lounge

I got whisky and some tomatos also.

Shaun

PS Like Nigel says it's not how many you do it's how much you come back with BUT you do have to find the customer that suits you, there aren't too many of those Holland Park properties near me.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 06:46:25 pm »
I did 5 jobs today all quite local apart from the 1st one

I got whisky and some tomatos also.

Shaun

PS Like Nigel says it's not how many you do it's how much you come back with BUT you do have to find the customer that suits you, there aren't too many of those Holland Park properties near me.
Shaun

I know you like tomatoes. Do you need any help with the whisky?

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

davep

Matt Lindus

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2011, 07:03:50 pm »
what amazes me is the fact you get 5-6 jobs per day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What you have to remember Simbo is that most people on this forum talk bull s*** myself included.

Matt

Nigel_W

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2011, 07:18:20 pm »
Two today.

Had only one scheduled for tomorrow - 700 square metres dual wanding.  Following Monty's advice decided to cancel it and look for 7 small jobs  ::)

Nigel

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 07:31:30 pm »
Monte has a plan, his plan for him is working and working far better than it did t'up North (people are far more cynical in the North) I'd guess he's grossing far less than some but doing far more work than others and it's easier with a TM, based on his prices I'd guess about £140-150 a day, Ian Harper once said that he'd rather be out cleaning than doing nothing as he gets himself into trouble when doing nothing! so no time to misbehave Monte ;D

Shaun

Bob Robertson

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2011, 08:11:32 pm »
The NCCA membership director seems to think you can do 3 rooms per house in an hour to a high NCCA standard so that would be 24 carpets in a 8 hour day.  :o  ???  

Bob

wynne jones

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2011, 08:18:56 pm »
The NCCA membership director seems to think you can do 3 rooms per house in an hour to a high NCCA standard so that would be 24 carpets in a 8 hour day.  :o  ???  

Bob

Yeah if traded your van in for a Tardis.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

mark_roberts

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2011, 11:18:38 pm »
And thats the whole point.  Why clean 4-5 jobs a day for around £200 less your overheads which for most of us running a professional outfit are around £100 a day.  Youre only working yourselfs out.

Id rather do one job a day for £300 than 5 £60 jobs.

Mark

PS. from experience the more jobs you do in a day the more quality suffers as your rushing to beat the clock, traffic, the customer etc.

robert meldrum

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2011, 01:02:08 am »
£100 PER DAY EXPENSES ................WHY ???

Jim_77

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2011, 01:16:05 am »
BECAUSE HE'S WORTH IT!!!

;D :D

Jim_77

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2011, 01:17:50 am »
But seriously when are people going to learn that pricing is THE one subject that nobody will ever agree on.  If it works for you, stick with it.  If you think you need to shift your price point up or down, try it.

I'm considering a bit of a shake-up at some point soon, but crunching the numbers is an almost impossible task because there;s so many unknown variables.

Nigel_W

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2011, 06:42:27 am »
£100 PER DAY EXPENSES ................WHY ???

Hi Robert,

Todays work - admittedly a very big job.

Fuel@ £50 for Truckmount
Parking £24
Fuel to get to job and back £25
Chemicals etc £50

Thats roughly £150.00

I also have one helper today whose earnings I won't disclose

Then you need to add a percentage of the annual fixed costs of the business. e.g. Trade Insurance, vehicle tax and insurance, advertising/web site costs, equipment depreciations, training,uniforms, vehicle maintenance, association fees, etc etc.

Do the sums for you own business and you will be surprised. I think Mark is spot on with £100 being typical of a smaller carpet cleaning operation.

Nigel

gwrightson

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2011, 07:14:17 am »

Todays work - admittedly a very big job.

Fuel@ £50 for Truckmount
Parking £24
Fuel to get to job and back £25
Chemicals etc £50

seems  an awful lot of fuel for t.m  in a day , i use less than that in a week and that includes using a hotbox.  ,and £50 on chems in a day ?. only time i use that amount is if i am encapping commercial. and that would be for a £500 ticket at least 

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha