Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tony_Browning

INCREDIBLE!!!!
« on: November 23, 2005, 04:27:53 pm »
Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire.
"A Local Company with a Passion for Exceeding Expectations"

Neil Grainger

Re: INCREDIBLE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 04:39:20 pm »
This guy is local to me not busy and not very good. Considering he has the the wealthiest part of the country to deal with the guy must be a bl--dy fool.

Very very sad

cleaning co

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 04:50:53 pm »
all i can think of is he has a fulltime job and doing this for beer money on a saturday or something

Neil Grainger

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 05:27:13 pm »
This was his comment to the mail I sent him through Ebay.

I dont.t rip off customers and charge them large amounts of money...and I keep all my customers so no need to go to anybody else..... and all our chemicals and machinery are all throu prochem I belive the leading name in this industry.

Thats what he said to me

Doug Holloway

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 05:31:45 pm »
Hi Guys,

I can only think there must be a lot of laminate/wooden floors down there :o

Cheers

Doug

Neil Grainger

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 05:34:26 pm »
I thought you may like my reply to Him.

To make money you must have to do 5-6 jobs a day when I only do 2 and give them a great deal of time. Who's the rip off merchant. Where are you coming from. Prochem are only the leading name in the business because they are the biggest. Macdonalds are the biggest food supplier in the world, does that make the food good. Obviously you are new to cleaning if you use Prochem lots of better companys out their. Go on the NCCA course and they will put you right about pricing. Good luck to you anyway.

I reply to these guys because it frustrates me and does no good to the name of respectable CC's

John Kelly

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 05:35:41 pm »
Don't get upset about these idiots there are plenty of them about. The main reason people go out of business is because they don't generate enough income to cover the capital renewal on equipment, vehicles etc. Concentrate on your own business, keep your customers happy and you will succeed.
A lot of firemen do carpet cleaning on their weeks off shift. There is one I know of has been charging £18 for lounge, hall, stairs and landing for the last 10 years.

Elite (Ben)

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 05:37:48 pm »
i did a 4 bed house yesterday for £230 AND FELT IT WAS CHEAP. That bloke is a fool.

cleaning co

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 05:54:24 pm »
think we hav bin down this rd few times before, its horse for courses,  just becasue they charge low dont mean they are a rip off,a fool ,or bad for other carpet cleaners, the punter who pays £20 to hav her lounge cleaned wouldnt dream of having the bloke who charges £60,and y ? because they couldnt aford to. so u guys who charge the lot higher prices hav nothing to fear as they would never phone u full stop. lets face it the guys who are lot dearer justifie their high prices by  "over the top cleaning" imo , i am prob hal;f the price most of u guys charge ,but my punters keep coming back , i own my own 4 bed house brought my van outright and my eqp , and drive a 3 year old soft top bmw (also paid for) and some would regard me as a splash and dash  mmmm must be doing something right ;)

lee_gundry

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 06:33:42 pm »
gosh

if i only owned 1 house & 1 bm i would be putting up my prices.

Lee G
cumbria

Phil Marlor

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 06:49:01 pm »
Just had an ex. customer on to me nearly in tears, she has just had all her carpets cleaned today (3 bed house) for £45.00 by a man who she said looked like an un-made bed, left his car out of sight, walked in with a vax and the carpets are as good as runined.

They are soaking wet, and very sticky with streaks everywhere, when she called me she said she was so sorry that she didnt use me, she said she was a bit short of money and saw this leaflet that looked to good to be true.

Going in on Monday to sort her carpets out.

She also said 2 more people on her road were having the same company this week, one which I had booked in for Friday but phoned me today to say she has found someone cheaper.

Shall I tell her or let her learn the hard way??? :D

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

cleaning co

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 06:57:24 pm »
hi, lee this wasnt a boast  just trying to put across a piont of veiw of what u can by being lot cheaper and not being a so called ripp off and that u can hav nice standerd of living  so no "gosh" about it mate

cleaning co

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 07:01:50 pm »
 yes phil badworkman ,but not every one who is cheap will hav a vax and turn up ina car, i dont  i use one the best  machines money can buy and a brand new  sighn written van
gary

Phil Marlor

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 07:13:54 pm »

I didnt say everyone who is cheap uses a vax/car or you dont use a good machine. ???

But by the sounds of it this bloke does, can I also add he took just 45 mins. to complete the work.

So in effect he is earning £60.00 per hour, so he's not cheap!!

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

cleaning co

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 07:26:01 pm »
fair comment phil,but alot of people on here will read into like that  just imo
gary

lee_gundry

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 07:30:13 pm »
cleaning co

only joking mate,just adding a bit of spice in the posts.

Lee G
cumbria

cleaning co

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2005, 07:32:58 pm »
hi lee, no offence taken mate ;D

Elite (Ben)

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2005, 08:56:19 pm »
There is no way you can misread this guys, a 3/4 bed house takes at least half a day whether you use a vax or an all singing all dancing truckmount with added bells and whistles. Its not hard to work out his hourly rate, it sucks.
Theres no way he's gonna be driving a soft top BM unless he has at least 20 employees doing 2 houses a day each, and even then i would be suprised.

I suspect its a case of...  Stainguard/deodorizer/anti allergy  etc  add ons.

ben

Neil Grainger

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2005, 09:01:46 pm »
Can someone explain the math to me about these cheap prices. Obviously they are going on Volume & speed but surely it just does not add up.

Cleaning Co whats the secret as I always get people looking for bottom price but have found that they are the ones that want everything for nothing.

I am doing it wrong by going after the higher price market?

Elite (Ben)

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 09:35:35 pm »
stick with the higher prices i say, you lose a few quotes but end up doing just 5 or 6 jobs per week for the same money as the cheap guy whose done 15-20, he's knackered and had more chance of errors while you put your feet up with plenty of well off referrals.

ben