This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alpha

Wfp and leaking windows
« on: November 16, 2005, 07:56:14 pm »
Been using the wfp for a month and had an email tongiht from one our customers who concerned that water is coming in either through the vents or the seals. Anybody else come across this. Or is it just part of a brilliant but steep learning curve.

Moderator David@stives

Re: Wfp and leaking windows
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 07:57:18 pm »
Occupational hazard

Dave

matt

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 08:04:11 pm »
i did one of my better accounts, its a old house with OLD leaded windows, the type you can only just about touch with a scrim and then bend and look like they will just puch into the house

the lady of the house (the gardener call's her "marm" has said to me a number of times, i had  little puddle on my window cill, BUT the windows really sparkled, they have never been so clean

rosskesava

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 08:11:37 pm »
We did one place and after a few minutes we realised there was no water going down the walls. We never did find out where the water went and the owner said nothing so .... ?

We've got to know the paces where wfp can't be used because of old frames, sash windows etc and for those we do them trad method.

It's as posted above - occupational hazard.

Cheers

poles apart

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 08:11:42 pm »
Been using the wfp for a month and had an email tongiht from one our customers who concerned that water is coming in either through the vents or the seals. Anybody else come across this. Or is it just part of a brilliant but steep learning curve.

It also goes in through open windows! ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 08:15:29 pm »

the lady of the house (the gardener call's her "marm" has said to me a number of times, i had little puddle on my window cill, BUT the windows really sparkled, they have never been so clean

Matt "There yer go missus - luvly jubbly!"

Lady of the house "Why thank you young Matthew - you really are a gem! However I had a little puddle on one of the inside window cills!"

Matt "Yew wanna use the bog like wot I wuz brung up to do!"

Gardener (Waving scythe above his head) "Shall I see him off Ma'am?"

;D
It's a game of three halves!

neil100

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 06:14:21 pm »
Can you clean sash style windows with wfp then?

I've got quite a large number of houses with them,and I've just assumed I will be able to wfp them when i start useing the new system.

Nel.

matt

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 07:34:18 pm »

the lady of the house (the gardener call's her "marm" has said to me a number of times, i had little puddle on my window cill, BUT the windows really sparkled, they have never been so clean

Matt "There yer go missus - luvly jubbly!"

Lady of the house "Why thank you young Matthew - you really are a gem! However I had a little puddle on one of the inside window cills!"

Matt "Yew wanna use the bog like wot I wuz brung up to do!"

Gardener (Waving scythe above his head) "Shall I see him off Ma'am?"

;D

very close  ;D ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 09:27:20 pm »

I've got quite a large number of houses with them,and I've just assumed I will be able to wfp them when i start useing the new system.

Nel.

Yes you can - but if they are old and loose fitting it's best not to because water will get in side.
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 10:06:50 pm »

Nel.

With sash windows you have to do the the top sash first then the lower half when top sash has stopped dripping in all they can be very tricky to get right! first cleans can be a pain in the butt!! though once they are up to spec they are easy to clean from then on though on occasion a run comes from nowhere !!  which is very anoying to say the least