This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee GLS

Re: CRAPADAPTER
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2011, 10:08:52 pm »
I bet dave wouldnt give a full refund on a large commercial job where some of the windows weren't cleaned properly and the owner complained demanding his money back !!!

Richard Neal

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2011, 10:14:48 pm »
Paul if pristine windows doesn't want the AD, send it to me and I will give it a good home  ;)

Spruce is right, tosh prefers the poles hose on the out side, and he also felt it added too much weight to the end of the pole (he must be a bit of a wuss  :o ;D), but I'm sure he didn't have any problem with the operation on the AD, I'm sure he also ordered it from WCW or cleaning spot, whichever one sells them, not directly from AD.

I brought Tosh's Adapters and they have been working fine for me every day for the last 5 months  ;D
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2011, 10:28:12 pm »
If I were Aquadaptor, I'd be well chuffed with just 1 unsatisfied customer from all the units they must have sold!!

I don't have an AD BUT apart from this thread, all I've read is positive comments regarding their customer service. Granted, a minority of customers didn't get on with the concept but the majority seemed to like it.

If it was me who had the issue, I'd have sorted it asap, regardless of how busy I was to be honest.

Personally, I don't think Alan is entitled to a full refund. In allan's shoes I would feel pretty chuffed with what I'd already been offered.

Just my 2 penneth. ;)

sunshine windows

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2011, 11:29:39 pm »
Lee GLS stated that no-one will give you a refund after 28 days but that is not the case.

I bought a 30' slx with a new hose and hosereel back in march-april. Never started using it until may-june. After using the hose with hot water it blew up like a balloon and I called the supplier to explain what had happened. They sent me out a replacement hose and exactly the same thing happened. This time they refunded me the cost of the hose.

This would have been well out of 28 days of purchase, yet they dealt with the matter as i would have expected.

I am not aware of all the details between the parties concerned in this post so cannot side with either.

On the fence,
Lance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

simonr

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2011, 12:51:45 am »
but what ever you do dont  use capitals , your  SHOUTING       pathetic.
PS Smudger now u are aware that    not everybody   was sorted out
Alan 

hmmm....    as with other forums it's regarded as bad manners to use caps - buy hey ho some people just like that...
you do appear to be in a minority of 1 - i think your posts indicate exactly why that is...

Darran     why & how is it bad manners to use capitals, surely its just emphasising  your point   or is that a wind up cos i've never come across it before

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2011, 09:37:26 am »
Lee

With all customer disputes we give a full refund, if we totally messed up on a large contract, I wouldnt expect to be paid.

Out of the thousands of Aquadapter customers do you think giving a full refund to make someone happy  up is wrong.

The point is these guys sold 2 pieces of not fit for purpose products at the same time, in my eyes that is really bad.

If I had spent loads of my time messing around adapting 2 dodgy products to fit my my poles, I would be well annoyed, not least for all the time lost.

AQqua

If there are more facts we are not hearing, then please tell us, I think you are entitled to say, as the person slating you isnt holding back is he ? so you are more than entitled to state your defence

mike roberts

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2011, 10:16:27 am »

The Aqua-dapter is a reliable, quality product.  The issue that caused the problem that Alan had, which was no fault of ours ([/b]and quickly found and sorted out), shouldn't overshadow that.

Paul

Bit confused here ... was it your product which failed ??? If so, it is your fault - you cant pass blame / prob on to your manufacturer  ??? if thats what you mean from above  ???

Agree with post above.. would it not be far simpler if you only have this one prob to pay custy back in full ? hence showing every one you have gone above and beyond your duty of care for the sake of what £60, if its not a common prob then why not ?
Offering another replacement is crazy, he obviously doesnt want one and to be honest dont blame him due to this problem.

All said i think your product is great.

Lee GLS

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2011, 10:32:36 am »
Dave how much time do you think they take to fit?? They take 5 mins tops, he hasn't exactly lost any earnings! As for being sold "2 dodgy pieces of kit" he obviously wanted them in the first place and the fact he didn't return them within 28 days, why shouldnt he get them replaced? You buy something because you want it, and when you change your mind about it you can't just assume that you can get your money back, maybe company's like gardiners or WCW can give full refunds, but I'm sure their turnover is far higher than AD, so that would make it harder for a smaller company to be able to offer it.

As for AD they havnt done anything wrong.

Is easy to say that you would refund money on a dodgy job, but I'm sure you would sooner rectify the problems and keep your money, or at least only give a partial refund and still rectify the problem!

Pope vader

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2011, 10:50:25 am »
my view on this is,

after 28 days he should get a replacement, and if that is dodgy then a full refund

every one is comparing customer service to gardiners customer service, which is better than a lot of campanies out there, i have had a few problems with gardiner stuff and there customer service is always great,

the thing i dont understand is why it took so long to return the stuff,  as if it broke straight away i would email them as soon as i could,  i dont beleve that some one was that busy they couldnt email some for a few weeks

lee09

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2011, 10:55:42 am »
Lee

With all customer disputes we give a full refund, if we totally messed up on a large contract, I wouldnt expect to be paid.

Out of the thousands of Aquadapter customers do you think giving a full refund to make someone happy  up is wrong.

The point is these guys sold 2 pieces of not fit for purpose products at the same time, in my eyes that is really bad.

If I had spent loads of my time messing around adapting 2 dodgy products to fit my my poles, I would be well annoyed, not least for all the time lost.

AQqua

If there are more facts we are not hearing, then please tell us, I think you are entitled to say, as the person slating you isnt holding back is he ? so you are more than entitled to state your defence

Would you still refund on a messed up contract if the customer was too busy to meet you and show you the problems for 28 days.
I understand exactly what you meen but he guy who is complaining should have returned them sooner instead of hiding behind the fact he is busy.
Lee

AuRavelling79

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2011, 11:02:08 am »
I think the title of the thread shows the state of mind of the original poster about this. I think he has been offered a fair solution.

Maybe in hindsight the supplier should have given his money back, not because they should but commercially because it would shut him up and he'd go away.

How many times do we throw a benny over a £20 difficult to collect debt from a custy when a few days later we let it go and it soon becomes all part of life's rich tapestry.

The OP wanted the things he bought then they broke; he waited a "long time" to advise the supplier he was offered replacements he didn't want them; he was offered one replacement plus one cashback he didn't want that then he threw a benny and posted offensive stuff on here.

I can't see where the original poster or frankly, DMSI is coming from. If it was Brodex or Ionics I can't help but feel DMSI would have locked or removed the thread. I'm all for open discussion but it seems not so open when sponsors or big boys are involved?
It's a game of three halves!

bumper

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2011, 11:27:00 am »
Were all these windys saying how much they earn and grumbling about a couple of quid i think you all talk a load of crap saying  how much they make,someone moved who owned me for 3 cleans 500 pound so grow up and move on tight fisted cowboys shame on you for giving aqua dapter bad feedback.
 BUMPER

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2011, 01:25:01 pm »
Malc

You are so far away from the truth.

As window cleaner i expect things i buy to work, if not I would want my money back, especially if 2 of them broke, doesnt matter if it were Ionics, Brodex, gardeners etc.

The guy still reported them in a reasonable, time, Aqua offered money back, but not all of it, even though they admitted selling him faulty products.

If any supplier refused me money back on faulty goods, especially 2 items breaking,  I would never use them again.

Maybe this is why I use WcW and Alex, Excellent service and no quibble refunds, well they do with me at least

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2011, 01:34:29 pm »
The guy still reported them in a reasonable, time

Actually, I don't think Alan or I have said how long he took to contact us.  How long would you consider to be a reasonable time?

Paul

Lee GLS

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2011, 02:25:24 pm »
Dave, WHY "as a window cleaner" do you expect things that you buy to work? If I didn't have a job and was a government sponger, I would still expect something to work that I buy, things are supposed to work, BUT the fact that he bought 2 for a batch that had a know issue on the same day, and would have been informed by AD that this was the case, THEN made AD aware of the issue AFTER 28 days, received 2 new working items, then that is accpable, IF the replacement ADs were faulty then it would have been perfectly reasonable to expect his money back.

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2011, 06:42:21 pm »
Crikey, I have rocked the boat!  When I met Paul at the show, I also thought nice guy, even met Dad etc,  and went off happy as Larry.  I even had a dig at Ionics cos was I was always saying we needed something like this.  Thought it was great.  I had a phone call from a/d asking how I was getting on with it.  Great I said.  Not two days later it seized - not broke but seized.  As I was busy and not aware about 28 days, I was going to deal with the problem when time allowed.   

As Paul has admited to having had problems with the product, I am entitled to a refund as goods were not fit for purpose (Sale of Goods Act).  I spent £120 and would expect this product to last at least a year.  What sold it to me in the first place was the one year warranty - little did I know that if I was a day over 28 days I'd had it.  They are also a bit tricky to fit to Ionic poles and if my memory serves me right a/d had to send me an adapter piece so tried to put them on, took them off put them on again, seized, took them off - see my point?   I would then have had to put them back again.  I'd had enough - wouldn't you?  Email followed email BUT I NEEDED TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE AND YES, I AM SHOUTING as I did not have time for all the endless emails, just wanted my money back and wanted to speak to someone.  So Paul, in all honesty I still maintain that u should refund me and let's put this matter to bed. Finally, for everyone who say they don't like people who come on here and mouth off etc, this is a forum for w/c and this section is titled "Window cleanig issues".  Therefore I believe in the interest of ALL window cleaners I have the right to share my issue in the slight hope of resolving the matter and also assist other w/c with their future purchases.  The forum enables us to share stories, opinions and issues and can provide valuable commentary for future problems, should you be so unlucky to experience them. 

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2011, 07:19:46 pm »
As Paul has admited to having had problems with the product, I am entitled to a refund as goods were not fit for purpose (Sale of Goods Act).
No, there was a problem with a specific batch.  The product is fine.  Had you accepted the replacments you could still have been using them now.

As I explained at the time, we have gone beyond the requirements of the Sale of Goods Act.

I spent £120 and would expect this product to last at least a year.
We expect it to last for 2 years or more if well looked after.

What sold it to me in the first place was the one year warranty - little did I know that if I was a day over 28 days I'd had it.
There is a 1 year warranty.  That doesn't mean you are entitled to a refund for an entire year, it means that we say that if there is a problem with the product we will fix it, without cost to you, for an entire year.

We also offer, again over and above the requirements of the Sale of Goods Act, to refund for 1 calendar month (not 28 days).  We publish this on our website, and everyone at the show was told about it.    If pushed we probably wouldn't make a fuss about a couple of days over this.  You didn't contact us for a few weeks after that period was up.

They are also a bit tricky to fit to Ionic poles and if my memory serves me right a/d had to send me an adapter piece
The fitting is the same on an Ionic residential pole as any other with a screw thread.  The End Screw Adapter was provided at the show.

I did not have time for all the endless emails
Nor me, we were dealing with a problem that we didn't know the cause of, but in order to explain things properly I regularly worked late into the night to make sure every message received a reply, and arrange replacements (which everyone else accepted).

I/we simply didn't have time to call everyone who had an issue with the bad batch at a 'civilised' time of day, and we also needed to deal with the additional sales the interest in the show had generated, so we looked after all Customer Service issues by email.

I sent you a letter asking you to bank the partial refund cheque only if you accepted it as a resolution to the problem, and provided an SAE to return it if you still wanted to take the matter to court as you had mentioned early on.  Therefore when the cheque was banked, and we didn't hear from you for many weeks after that, I thought we had "put this matter to bed".

Now, many months later you have publicly criticised our company and product, but to show that I bear no animosity, I've publicly made you the offer of another Aqua-dapter bundle, in the hope that you might use it and realize the benefit now.  The retail price of this is worth more than the £50 refund you are asking for.

Paul

Smudger

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2011, 08:01:36 pm »
 If you have a car that has an inheriant problem it gets recalled and the parts/problem replaced  - you dont get all
your money back

unfortunately AD suffered a QA issue on a moving part - and in effect issued a recall & sent fully working replacements

Unless you were working 24/7 - thus window cleaning through the night you couldn't have found 5 mins to
put on the new AD's

being a total cynic  i look forward to a new thread entitled 'the amazing new Aqua-stopper'  my totally new
revolutionary water tap that works better & is cheaper that the Aqua daptor  ;)

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2011, 09:16:50 pm »
I think the fact you have titled the thread crapadapter has ended any chance you had of getting the matter resolved to your complete satisfaction.It has also failed to harm the reputation that Aqua-dapter have worked very hard to build.
I would also like to add that after a bit of wear n' tear Aqua-dapter have replacement parts for their product at very reasonable prices......unlike some other 'big players' who make a huge mark up on parts.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2011, 12:04:53 am »
Well this isnt going to be resolved.

SoI think put this to bed, I think this should be concluded by email.