Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

Re: Groupon
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2011, 07:34:11 am »
Well well,am I reading this wrong or is Neil Williams starting
To `mellow`regarding this Groupon `gig`.
Go on Neil,give it a go,ya know ya want to  :) ;) :D ;D 8)

Lewis  Doubtfire
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

clinton

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2011, 08:03:22 am »
Seems to be a few more carpet cleaners are having a go worth groupon..

jasonl

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2011, 10:13:15 am »
With Groupon you get paid within 7 days of the customer calling , I take the voucher security code over the phone , tap it into the Groupon website , Groupon pays me in 7 days , I have been paid for work that is booked in for January.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

garry22

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2011, 10:37:57 am »
They do, but if they should call you to check any details prior to booking, you have the chance to take the booking there & then, and save yourself from giving Groupon their cut.

Ash / Jason,

Do you mean that some people see the ad and call you first, rather than Groupon?

If it is, I can see how it may be a bit more attractive.

jasonl

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2011, 10:41:03 am »
Yes people call to clarify points of the deal , I just told them that it helps me if they book direct , and booked 14 jobs in that way.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

craignozza

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2011, 10:59:25 am »
booked in nearly ten already without even going through groupon

jasonl

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2011, 11:26:55 am »
96 sold already , you will hit the 200 for sure .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

garry22

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2011, 11:31:46 am »
Thanks,

So presumably you could have an offer for say just Jan - March, get the money up front and finance the gear to do the work?

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2011, 11:41:46 am »
Bloomin`eck`Jason,that’s it,it`s official.I`m coming back
Into carpet cleaning,gonna get me steamer out ASAP.
I promise Neil Williams that I won`t `emigrate`down south
Provided he`ll give assurances he won`t come up my way.
Everybody please form an orderly queue,and definitely no
Fighting in the ranks. ;D :o 8) ::) :)

Lewis  Doubtfire
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2011, 06:51:27 pm »
Well well,am I reading this wrong or is Neil Williams starting
To `mellow`regarding this Groupon `gig`.
Go on Neil,give it a go,ya know ya want to  :) ;) :D ;D 8)

Not this side of my 50th birthday that's for sure.
Mellowing? I wouldn't use that word.
As it would need a total opposite direction in the way I deal with customers (ie I would need to walk out of every property with a cheque far in excess of what the customer expected to write) I would need to be desperate before joining the groupon system.
My business is built on trust between myself & customer, and that will be gone if I 'need' to upsell for the sake of having to.

Helen

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2011, 11:00:42 pm »
booked in nearly ten already without even going through groupon

Good for you, how many did you upsell on and to what average value per job.
I see your deal is for approx 90 minutes of cleaning? How many of you go out to each job? If 2 people on a job, I guess the deal ends after 45 minutes?

Mike Halliday

Steve Gunn

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2011, 08:14:46 am »
If I was to do Groupon it would be in Jan/Feb the traditional quiet period certainly not leading up to our busiest time of the year

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2011, 08:19:43 am »
Agree with Steve, bonkers time of year to be doing super cheap jobs when you can fill your diary with full price paying customers.

Simon

robert meldrum

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2011, 09:36:43 am »
I was looking at " previous deals " and found one in Southampton which was listed as 75% off carpet cleaning which on the deal suggested  >> Save £82 on a £110 normal priced carpet clean --------------you pay £28 <<

TOTAL SOLD 1                      DEAL COMPLETED                   

craignozza

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2011, 11:50:16 am »
Right so heres an update;

Yesterday we booked in £900 work without groupon over 20 customers so I suppose not great if you look at it as £45 per customer if averaged out across the board. These were all because they had seen the deal. Last month we were doing a deal when we started at 2 rooms for £45 so for us I suppose it isnt really any different except we didnt have to deliver ?000 leaflets to get that response.

The deal is still live as capped at 300 and will run over 7 days until it reaches that amount. I think the total amount sold is at 213 at the moment. This morning we have booked 11 calls, most of which 1 bed flats so no chance of extra rooms but 3 have requested extra rooms ranging from 22.50 to 77.50 (including 11.20 from groupon works out about £23 per job over those 11)  - also had e-mail from someone asking for 7 extra rooms but not booked in yet so who knows what will happen along the way.

We're not high pressure upselling, just a quick question at time of booking 'Would you like to take advantage of the discounted rates on offer as we need to allocate the correct amount of time for your appointment due to the high level of work we are experiencing'? 

Where we were busy in Sept we slipped on the leaflet delivering so Oct has been quiet. In a few years time when we are more established then we probably wouldnt do groupon. This is the first christmas we have been around so we're not sure how it will be, we are keeping groupon jobs to a max of 8-10 per week in December though to fit in other jobs if any come through. I think the difference is a lot of you are well established in your areas so it probably would be mad for you to do it.

Another thing we are doing is collecting addresses / emails etc for future marketing and asking people some general questions like price you would expect to pay, how often do you have carpets cleaned and trying to book people in for the future by offering a discount.

Sorry for long post
Vickie (Craigs Mrs)

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2011, 07:57:21 pm »
Craig,
Are you using your TM for the Groupon jobs?

Simon

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2011, 08:00:47 pm »
i think we will only see the true sucess of groupon after say 12 months ,  it will be very interesting to see how valuable a list of these customers are.  

surely they are not going to be interested in paying a sensibleprice in the future they will simply look for a cheap option again.  

craignozza

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2011, 08:14:22 pm »
simon we are not using tm ..richard most of the customers we have up sold to in which to be honest is almost all of them they are happy to pay our normal prices and are only buying groupon as it has reminded them that there carpets can be cleaned  but saying that obviously there are the hardcore ones that only want there two for £28 but we wouldnt want these or expect these to be customers anyway