This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

G & M

Gutter Vac
« on: November 11, 2005, 10:31:42 am »
Looking for some advice on gutter vac guys. Do any of you use them and how good are they?

Also any tips on cleaning cladding.

Love the site and we are learning so much thanks guys   G&M

www.mrgutters.co.uk

Re: Gutter Vac
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 06:50:02 pm »
hi mate

i have been using one with a bloke i work with on some occasions they have pros and cons , very fiddly and akward to manouvre but is good for health and safety. . . the one i used had a camera and monitor but cos of this it becomes a two man job. . and moving the genarator about and the leads etc . . you could build yuor own for less than buying from a suplier as thay cost loads my mate paid £1500 . for a big hoover thats alot...

shawn  ??? :o ;D
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

G & M

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 10:51:57 pm »
Hi Shawn £1500 is a lot of money. Does it take out everything such as grass and moss etc and is it faster? Also Shawn what do you guys use to clean cladding?
  Cheers Michael

Old_Master

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 11:05:21 pm »
Just a quick reminder
The Omnivac and Camera system are Patent pending products and as such are protected by law from being copied.
This is not an ordinary vacuum cleaner The standard vacuum cleaner has an 800 to 1000 watt motor

The Omnivac has 3 x 1200 watt motors each one may be turned on/off independantly depending on the area it is cleaning and will remove debris from gutters, sills, beams,ledges internally or externally up to five floors high.

The colour camera system comes with a monitor/micro video recorder that will record upp to 400 hours of video footage ,the video may then be played back through the monitor, a television or a computor, a DVD can be burned from the video and given to your customer.
One customer earned an average of £156.00 per hour/ £2200.00 in three days last week using the system.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 11:09:41 pm »
Glyn is it on your web site yet

Dave

Old_Master

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 11:14:59 pm »
Hi Dave
No its not on the website yet, our new site is being built at the moment.
I will  post it on the old site temporarly, until the new one is built.

As a matter of interest
The basis of reaching the area to be cleaned is our PowerPole so if anyone has one they can use their pole to access the area to be cleaned and save a few hundred quid.
Glyn

Glen

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 11:17:09 pm »
Glyn,

Have you got any pictures of this gutter vac? I've looked at your website but the pictures and info. are limited.

Old_Master

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 11:49:35 pm »
Just put up details on our website

http://www.omnipole.com/Hi-Reach.htm

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 11:53:55 pm »
Glyn will it vac through heavily soiled gutters with roots and grass in the soilage

Dave

rosskesava

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 12:01:12 am »
Hi Glyn

We have a job that the shop has agreed to the price which is very well priced. It is for a power wash of the complete building and all the windows and all that stuff. Also, we have to do the gutters.

We included in the price the cost of hiring a Cherry Picker but we have now found out that due to the law, we can't use one due to the location of the place and also the fact that the pavement outside slopes greater than what ever degrees that are within a Cherry Pickers safety limits.

There's other problems using other types of mobile elevated platforms to do with the area of swing of the bit at the top and cordoning of a suitable area.

The only other answer is using a ladder for the gutters which is touching on illegal as they are 8.8 metres high and which make me twitch uncontrolably anyway.

Any ideas? Anything you sell that will do the job from the ground under £300?

These gutters are about 6 inches wide and about 9 inches deep and are packed solid with soil.

Cheers

Old_Master

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 12:08:37 am »
Hi Dave
We have machined a tool to break up the "impacted soilage" in the gutter, prior to vacuuming.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2005, 12:11:53 am »
Thats andy was that Lees design

Dave

Old_Master

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2005, 12:12:17 am »
Ross
Maybe we could hire some kit to you, call me tomorrow to discuss 020 8405 6782
Glyn

Old_Master

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2005, 12:13:46 am »
Thats andy whas that Lees design
  ;D  ;D
fell over laughing

rosskesava

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2005, 12:17:12 am »
Thanks Glyn.

I will phone tomorrow.

Cheers

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2005, 12:19:38 am »
you must stay off them vodkandyleemomodes   hic    ;D

Dave

rosskesava

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2005, 12:24:40 am »
Cider mate.

And organic with live yeast. You have to pour it out carefully or the sediment gives a good effect in the morning.

Not only that, it's within the remit of a 'macrobiotic' diet as the apples are all local.

I like my cider but only usually at week ends.

Could you imagine doing gutters at height with alochol still surging through your veins in the morning?

Or wfp'ing windows still inebriated?

Cheers

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2005, 03:51:22 pm »
look dont get me wromg the syetem we were using does work and cuts down on time , but its fiddly at times to manouvre also you are taking the full weight of the pole not like when you are wfping .. it does take all the stuff outthe gutter as the vac is really good. just a bit exspensive i thought. cladding we use long reach lance attached to pessure washer ,
shawn

Old_Master

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2005, 04:33:43 pm »
Out of interest Shawn, are you using our model with the camera connected to the same pole as the Vac or do you have one pole for the vac and one for the camera?
Thanks
Glyn

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2005, 06:59:10 pm »
i presume the camera is attached to the pole , dont get me wrong the machine does a good job its just i am a bit tight when it comes to parting with money , so i thought my mates system was a bit much , can a wireless camera be bought for the top of the pole ?

i am not having a go at yuor products i have a omnipole ro and pole good equipment. can you send me a price for a filter change on my ro its got 20 inch filters. that about all i know . ?

stbcleaning@tiscali.co.uk