Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Russ Chadd

Re: Short video of Jaguar 6.6 & Zeta in action
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2011, 09:51:02 pm »
Which Zeta machine are you using, do you have a link, have seen a few about on various websites and ebay.

cheers

Andrew

Promo flier attached with details direct from the manufacturer

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2011, 12:00:07 am »
So ideally the set up is more suited to carpet cleaning than uphostery cleaning, I can understand that. My concern is this, if using it attached to a wand or say a Rotovac or RX20, everytime one closes the solution valve the burner will cut out and will cut in again when the trigger is pressed, is that right?. In cleaning an average carpet would the burner switch off and on everytime you make a drying stroke. Surely this could not be good for the burner.
Can I see myself buying one, perhaps yes, as I could use it for washing my own van and maybe do some light pressure washing as an add on service. Also it could be used for filling the tank of a portable with really hot water if there was no other hot water source available on site.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2011, 01:36:04 am »
The machine is not a total stop machine so the motor continues to by pass cold water
When the wand valve is closed, the burner is then stopped until the wand valve is open.
Benefits of this system :

1 the motor continues to drive the pump in by pass so no huge power draw is needed everytime you start and stop
The motor can draw 2.4kw everytime it is switched on and off at the socket so less likely to trip fuses etc...
2 diesel is only ignited when the wand valve is open thus saving fuel.

Regarding your drying strokes, just make longer extraction strokes across the area you are working so your not start\stop every time and then dry pass the entire row in one pass... Simple

Colin Day

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2011, 07:39:15 am »
So ideally the set up is more suited to carpet cleaning than uphostery cleaning, I can understand that. My concern is this, if using it attached to a wand or say a Rotovac or RX20, everytime one closes the solution valve the burner will cut out and will cut in again when the trigger is pressed, is that right?. In cleaning an average carpet would the burner switch off and on everytime you make a drying stroke. Surely this could not be good for the burner.
Can I see myself buying one, perhaps yes, as I could use it for washing my own van and maybe do some light pressure washing as an add on service. Also it could be used for filling the tank of a portable with really hot water if there was no other hot water source available on site.

Never thought of that... Good thinking.... :)

Russ Chadd

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2011, 07:46:49 am »
Yep! That's why the mobile car detailers love them... Always hot water available to fill up the George!

Russ Chadd

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2011, 10:38:06 pm »
Another quick video of the Jag and Zeta working together, please excuse the sound of the annoying dog whining in the background! i think my new 4 jet wand was a little noisy and this was upsetting the dog!
The carpet was thick with dogs hair and had every imaginable stain including urine, blood, tea and coffee... first time the carpet had been cleaned using HWE since it was fitted 5 years ago.

I used my new lint hog which worked like a charm, just dont bother with the supplied sock filters as these WILL restrict air flow!
The lint hog performed very well with just the metal filter, all the dog hairs etc were collected in the filter area and not in my extraction tank and took all of 2 mins to remove and clean!

For those of you who are following this thread the best technique i have found regarding extraction is long and slower strokes... this allows the Zeta to feed hotter water to the wand by keeping the burner running for longer.
Use the same action for the dry strokes.

Anyway here is is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Rl6wAVruA&hd=1

Paul Moss

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2011, 11:19:35 pm »
If you used m/s prespray I would not expect to see so much soap in your extraction waste that was being dumped.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2011, 11:29:10 pm »
The customer had been using vanish on it for years thats what you can see...

clinton

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2011, 08:48:56 am »
Looks like you have set your stall out russ mate.

Think colin has the same set up now then?

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2011, 10:48:18 am »
russ looks a good setup , i would say that the idea is great to have decent heat with a porty as the last few years that the big portys have been about the thing they have lacked is heat  not wanting to start a debate  hot vs cold but i feel heat is essential part of  Hwe  .  i like the vid  where are you dumping your waste  not straight onto the road are you .  if you get caught out you know you can get a hefty fine . 

AshWhite

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2011, 11:02:40 am »
Slightly OT, but what did you use to film it? It's very good quality!

Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Russ Chadd

« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2011, 11:15:08 am »
russ looks a good setup , i would say that the idea is great to have decent heat with a porty as the last few years that the big portys have been about the thing they have lacked is heat  not wanting to start a debate  hot vs cold but i feel heat is essential part of  Hwe  .  i like the vid  where are you dumping your waste  not straight onto the road are you .  if you get caught out you know you can get a hefty fine . 

Hi Richard

Thanks for your kind words, the whole reason i have been using my zeta with my porty is for exactly that reason... HWE needs HOT water not luke warm or cold.
Sometimes you can get away with using cold water... i know because i have done in the past but as we will all agree here is that hot water can give better results depending on the carpet and the chemicals used.
Dont worry...99% of the extracted water from the carpet gets pumped into a 25lt cans, the small amount of pump out water you see in the gutter is just to show the pump out feature working.

Ash, i used a Panasonic HD700 camcorder, needs a good light on it for indoor use which sadly i dont have yet.

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2011, 06:07:22 pm »
Good quality video i thought, however, you seemed to have too much vac and solution hose. All looked a bit messy with the cable as well. Also no hose ramp !!

I have some of them vac hoses, wish i never got them now, very flexible, however mine implode and kink very easily when using my TM, they was ok with the Scorpion, but shows the difference in vac power to a porty.

Not a criticism of your set up, which looked very nice.

Andrew

Russ Chadd

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2011, 07:39:34 pm »
Good quality video i thought, however, you seemed to have too much vac and solution hose. All looked a bit messy with the cable as well. Also no hose ramp !!

I have some of them vac hoses, wish i never got them now, very flexible, however mine implode and kink very easily when using my TM, they was ok with the Scorpion, but shows the difference in vac power to a porty.

Andrew

Hi Andrew

You are right it does look a bloody mess and i could of been a bit more tidier but hey, probably wasn't the best location to film but i owed a favour to a mate and well... there you go!  ::)
My hoses do flex when under extreme vacuum but im sure these hoses will be ok for the Jag, i have to say that compared to the more ridged blue hose it is definitely easier to move into the property with less risk of damaging the edges of skirting boards etc.
What TM do you use then?

Eddie_Rhone

« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2011, 08:02:34 pm »
Hi Russ

Could you clarify how many cords you are using in the video, I know 1 will run from the zeta, but I thought the jag had 2 cords. Or can you run 2 vacs and the pump out on 1 cord.

Regards

Eddie

Russ Chadd

« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2011, 08:12:04 pm »
Hi Eddie

I have two extension leads, one 25m and one 50m the 25m plugs into the nearest socket usually in the hall, the longer one goes into the kitchen.
So both the cables from the jag plug into the 25m
And the Zeta plugs into the 50m

Eddie_Rhone

« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2011, 08:17:12 pm »
Thanks for your reply Russ

Do you have any problems tripping Circuit boards with that arrangement with the initial surge from the vacs.

Sorry, is the auto pump out on the 25m cord as well as the vacs.

Regards

Eddie

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2011, 08:18:31 pm »
Hi Russ, when your hose is in a loop/circle and you pull on it , it folds and flattens.
Also where hose connects to wand keeps flattening out, i should ring Nick at solutions and tell him really as i got it there. I have to keep cutting 6" off the end, thats when i realised there was no metal in it, disappointed with it really. Was cheap and thought i would be a saving.
I have a Maxx 470 dual operator, which is much bigger and better than "small blower" Billy's     8)

Andrew

Russ Chadd

« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2011, 09:22:51 pm »
Thanks for your reply Russ

Do you have any problems tripping Circuit boards with that arrangement with the initial surge from the vacs.

Sorry, is the auto pump out on the 25m cord as well as the vacs.

Regards

Eddie

I did have problems sometimes with my old triple vac but so far all has been well with the jag, the trick is to wait 5 seconds between starting vac 2... never try starting both vacs together.
The auto pump out uses one of the chords but draws so little wattage...

Andrew

The hose (so far) seems to be serving me well, i would never go back to that uglt blue stuff unless i get a TM and a hose reel.
My hose feels like its re inforced because its ribbed and i would assume its metal ribbing?

I made sure my cuffs were sealed on with clear silicone for extra strength.

Colin Day

« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2011, 09:29:25 pm »

Andrew

You Cumbrians, bloomin perfectionists... ;)