This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H2GoKent

Re: united utilities neighbours reported me
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2011, 04:49:26 am »
If it was a note posted thru your door are you absolutely sure it's not one of your mates on a wind-up?
I would get a water butt and rig it up, hide the R O and bluff it out. But then again I've got nice neighbours.

A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

Ste M

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2011, 07:33:13 am »
Colin. I'm in liverpool as well mate so I use the same water company. When I first went wfp I called them and told them what my business was and can I switch over to comercial purely for tax reason. They asked what my usage would be and when I told them a couple of thousand litres at most they said its ok as I don't need a comercial meter. I have called back since and again asked the question but again got told no I don't need one. The last time I called was to get a price per litre off them accuratly and once again asked but was once again told no. This neighbour may of told them you were using a silly amount of water when your actually not.

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2011, 04:09:28 pm »
thats a bummer, didnt realise wasnt allowed to use non metered water for business use.

we are metered at home, but just moved to static tank at brother in laws, who is not metered.  Apparently has got gossipy neighbours, so could cause problems in future then?  He is also in council house.....

Also:

colin do you have a pump to aid water production to your RO?
If so get rid quick, its very much against water regs and you can be fined several thousand quid.
You can only have a pump if you have a breaker tank,ie the pump is not pumping direct from water mains supply

Can this be confirmed?  We used to use a booster pump, in fact was recommended to us to help the RO produce quicker and more purer, first ive heard of this being illegal!  And slightly worrying.  As the water boards seem to be lowering pressure in estates more and more are having to use booster pumps....

colin purewater

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2011, 05:33:08 pm »
colin do you have a pump to aid water production to your RO?
If so get rid quick, its very much against water regs and you can be fined several thousand quid.
You can only have a pump if you have a breaker tank,ie the pump is not pumping direct from water mains supply
no mate no pump and no ro in my house
just a hose pipe goin from my celler to under my front door mate
keep it simple

colin purewater

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2011, 05:39:04 pm »
Colin. I'm in liverpool as well mate so I use the same water company. When I first went wfp I called them and told them what my business was and can I switch over to comercial purely for tax reason. They asked what my usage would be and when I told them a couple of thousand litres at most they said its ok as I don't need a comercial meter. I have called back since and again asked the question but again got told no I don't need one. The last time I called was to get a price per litre off them accuratly and once again asked but was once again told no. This neighbour may of told them you were using a silly amount of water when your actually not.

ste thats intresting to no thank yowere about are ye mate?
keep it simple

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2011, 05:41:56 pm »
colin dont let ste kidd you
he's a wool ;) ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

colin purewater

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2011, 06:17:59 pm »
colin dont let ste kidd you
he's a wool ;) ;)
ha ha pie and pea wet  :)
keep it simple

mikecam

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2011, 08:55:03 pm »

Can this be confirmed?  We used to use a booster pump, in fact was recommended to us to help the RO produce quicker and more purer, first ive heard of this being illegal!  And slightly worrying.  As the water boards seem to be lowering pressure in estates more and more are having to use booster pumps....
This is not the definitive answer, but should help allay your fears that what you read is correct.
http://www.pumpexpress.co.uk/pump_ex_whole_house_boosting.htm

Ste M

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2011, 09:27:01 pm »

ste thats intresting to no thank yowere about are ye mate?

Whiston mate. ignore the sheep sha**ing welsh boy with his sarky comments haha