This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

What kind of feedback prosent could you get?

0,2% and less
0,2% - 0,4%
0,4% - 0,6%
0,6% - 0,8%
0,8% and more

Steve Sed

Re: How much feedback on a leaflet campaign - 100K
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 05:50:24 pm »
tried it dont bother go and knock on the door they see you and you see wot your picking up cant beat face to face trust me

I don't agree. If you knock, the perception is that you are desperate and will be cheap. If you get the results through leafleting, then you should consider it. I reckon you will get better prices. But if leafleting returns the sort of results Tosh describes, then knocking is the only option. I know what I get and I believe it works for me where I am.

mick hay

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 06:19:24 pm »
When a customer calls of a leaflet, they are asking you rather than you asking them. You are in control.

I was in sales for years, from timeshare to cars to door to door. Used to teach timeshare sales in Spain.

The way to get a higher price is to somehow get the prospect to ask you "how much is it?" with out you verbally asking them  "do you want"

Of course canvassing will get a better strike rate, but id rather do 1 job at £20 instead of 2 at £10!!!

Crystal-clear

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 07:44:55 pm »
tried it dont bother go and knock on the door they see you and you see wot your picking up cant beat face to face trust me

I don't agree. If you knock, the perception is that you are desperate and will be cheap. If you get the results through leafleting, then you should consider it. I reckon you will get better prices. But if leafleting returns the sort of results Tosh describes, then knocking is the only option. I know what I get and I believe it works for me where I am.

I think it depends on the way the customer has been canvassed window cleaning canvassing is a very soft sale therefore if you do it correctly the customer will see that you are not desperate.

i do however agree that you cant beat someone picking up the phone and ringing you directly but honestly ill give you an example leafleted 3k got 1 or 2 jobs it was horrible i did this myself because i was thinking of doing it on a larger scale but wanted to see what results i would get first before i invested and wasn't in love with the response rate.

door knocked 4 streets 6 hours 12 jobs i also handed out maybe 40 leaflets to people who were thinking about it 5 people picked the phone up and called me and became jobs so do you see the difference it makes by just speaking to someone and handing them a leaflet its like 10% while that leaflet drop was what less much less then half a percent.

so for me its a no brainer if you actually want results its door knocking leafleting you are gambling. I guess it all however depends on where you are on the window cleaning ladder, good cash flow running more then 2 vans maybe spending a few thousand a quarter on leafleting and quality customers might be
a better option

wpclean

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 10:27:54 pm »
If you are doing a 100k leaflet campaign and the flyer is good you can expect a good return.

It will be more cost effective to gain new customers than any other method.

The plus side is you will gain more quality accounts.

I have tried every which way to get new custom, and mass leaflets is the best

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 10:52:25 pm »
Not enough options.

Where was the -200000%, for example?

Roy Harding

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 08:07:54 am »
We put out 100 a few months back and got 8 jobs from one village, also our website has pulled in £538 of new work this month so far.

Roy

C'mon, Roy, give the full picture!  Was this one of the villages where you KNEW there was a window cleaner who had dropped out?

Or are you saying that an 8% success rate for flyers is normal?

Hi Tosh

No this is a village that has at least 4 other window cleaners going there, and one of them has a huge amount. We only did 2 jobs there before.

We have dropped of the odd one here and there a on route to other jobs an still had a good response. I was expecting a 1% response but we have had far higher.

Roy

Viktor

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 09:16:54 am »
Leaflets do work and are valuable investment. But as mentioned above someone has dropped 3k  and wasn't happy with a result. YOU CAN'T JUDGE ON 3 THOUSAND LEAFLETS.
lets say yesterday I had a call from leaflet which I have dropped 3 months ago.
Got a job to do inside/out, lady had decorating in place last week so had to get paints and all the muck away. Total £45.
6 weekly @ £17
Booked gutters for @ £45

She was late for 1h, so knocked on neighbours while waiting, got to one off cleans Total £35

Had only dropped 1k in that area and had no phone calls for 3 months, but that one call actually brought business 7 times of my investment.

Leaflet champaign has to be well planed. ( has to offer several services to hit better target, windows, gutters, conservatory etc.) I will not bother with leaflets any more until I can drop 50k or 100k