Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Doug Holloway

Re: how is everyone doing?busy or not!
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 05:22:47 pm »
Hi Guys

I'm busy but have been established for a long time, so would expect to be.

When quiet you just have to keep working at your marketing and it will turn around.

Going face to face selling to commercial, although daunting can be a very cost effective way of getting business, i did it in the last recession and still have a few of the customers I got.

Cheers

Doug

MAX Carpets

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 06:01:24 pm »
Terry

Just out of interest how long have you been trading?

Cheers

Justin

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 06:09:08 pm »
Max great one! been doing windows since about 30 years plus but over the last 6 years started to do more carpet cleaning always done it,but more so as I wanted to give up window cleaning,I still do the shows etc,our work was only ever contract blue chip BMW car showrooms stc, my contractors lost loads of work,so did I :'(
the last few years about 3,have been all down hill ::) which forced me to go much more carpet cleaning which I enjoy,the fact I am who I am stays,thats just me,but when I dont do shows there might be film work or tv adds
that come along that pays very well,namely cadbury spots v stripes! all on youtube, so thats me!
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

vince viola

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 06:47:09 pm »
Stacked out all year so far but like some of the guys say,been established for years so probably easier for us than newish firms.

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 07:36:11 pm »
I'm busy too thankfully

Not so much on the domestics coming in (get a lot of internet price shoppers lately) but more the regulars and commercial.

I do work for 4 regular and about 10 as and when estate agents and with the rental market how it is at the moment that brings in plenty.

Also I have found a massive increase with domestic cleaners, get in with them and they will spread the word for you

Churches are good too, I did work for a bloke heavy into the church, I advertised in a mag that goes out to all the churches in my area, £45 for the year, I have done 4 churches and countless church goers houses.

I'd say the only problem with the way I work at the moment is I'm ALWAYS waiting to get paid, nice when I do though   ;D ;D
Www.2venturegroup.com

MAX Carpets

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 07:42:13 pm »
Sorry Terry, you lost me there? TV Ads?

Len Gribble

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 07:43:49 pm »
I’m never busy everyone has to wait there turn, established customers are understanding they plan around me even when I’ve double book a job (not that often but it has happed)

Terry

When you get round to selling a machine give me the wink (I will avoid like the plague) ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 08:26:52 pm »
 ;D Len its all good now really ;D Max go on youtube  ;) Google Fastest window cleaner Guinness Book 2012!
then you will understand  :-*
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

MAX Carpets

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 07:57:14 am »
Ok, but how long have you been carpet cleaning or more importantly how many cc customers on your Date base. Not being rude, just trying to understand your situation.

Regards

Justin

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 08:18:28 am »
I have been doing carpets for quite a lot of years,it was mainly window cleaning,but over the last 6/7 years been trying to aim more at the carpets,we do have custys that come back,but this year has really been dead,it just seems no one is spending on there carpets, ??? just not sure if I am going to carry on with it,I think I might be looking all in the wrong direction,might even do somthing else later next year,just not sure at the mo, ???
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

clinton

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 08:28:42 am »
Lots of people are feeling the pinch terry and with bills going up etc..

Also people will have there carpets cleaned as to keep theres nice  rather than buy new so work is out there mate dont worry..

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2011, 08:32:45 am »
Thanks Clinton,its just that this year really has been bad,I look at last year and there is noticebly the fact the calls work has dropped off, ??? hope it picks up soon,I never did any house window cleaning just not enough it,but carpet cleaning most defo, :o
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

MAX Carpets

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 08:50:59 am »
Terry, do you send out remiders to existing customers?

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2011, 09:14:15 am »
Max to be honest no ??? we are first page in our area google,Thomson Local as well,that does pop up some,we are with age concern,3 years a go we moved from an area so that may not have helped,the competitors around me there are quite a few ??? just not sure if I will plug on or not,I will give it one more year ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

MAX Carpets

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 04:59:50 pm »
Thomson, waste of money. Go through any old diaries window & carpets and do a mail shot with some kind of offer. It is the only advertising that works at the moment, existing customers.

Just my thoughts, not worth much.

Justin

www.maxcarpetandupholsterycare.com

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2011, 05:02:44 pm »
yes Justin we have had some stuff from Thompson ??? but this may be our last year with them ??? we are not getting any big stuff, ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

mike roberts

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 06:28:12 pm »
Max to be honest no ??? we are first page in our area google,Thomson Local as well,that does pop up some,we are with age concern,3 years a go we moved from an area so that may not have helped,the competitors around me there are quite a few ??? just not sure if I will plug on or not,I will give it one more year ::)

Hi Terry really worth while as Max said creating a database - hope you dont mind me saying but for all your hard work in the past gaining customers your not using them!
 We only started to use a database about 2 yrs ago (was a bloody nightmare doin it) But what a difference its made every customer contact recorded, costs, room sizes, carpet types so much easier for repeat customers ;D ;D keep in contact with custys for reminders and to sell new services!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2011, 07:13:34 pm »
yes I know you are right :) must say me head has not been full on over the last 4 years ??? my life has been a bit up down.some good and some very bad, family stuff,deaths that sort of thing,so me heads not been on the work front,then last year I had an Accident,which my lawers are sorting,that did not help,will see how it goes from now,great to hear and have all your imputs, ;D thats what makes this site! :-*
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

mike roberts

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2011, 07:36:23 pm »
sorry to hear about yer probs...... does make you wonder some times.. if its worth it. jes your starting to bring me down!

To be honest just before we did database was considering knocking it on the hd as times were hard recession etc .. But surprisingly building it actually made us focus and helped to highlight to us our loyal customers and all the work we have done - which certainly helped  ;D ;D best Mike

The database we use is sage act - fairly cheap, easier to build and worth its weight in gold!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2011, 04:54:16 am »
thanks mike, ;D
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!