Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jasonl

Re: TACCA
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2011, 05:55:49 am »
Where does this broken tm on a pallet come from ? Hilarious .

How do I clean stairs , floods , and upholstery with no extractor .

I would have thought a professional association would judge an application on what was actually in the application  , not on heresay and rumour , by people who have never even met me.

No Derek , I wont be joining TACCA , thanks all the same.  I have managed  like I said for the past 20 years , just thought it would be interesting to join thats all .

I find TACCA a joke now with zero credibility , and anybody who actually has seen my set up would agree.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Mike Halliday

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2011, 06:59:05 am »
 who's on the commitee?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2011, 07:20:33 am »
no problem jason, i will delete your application and registration, thanks.

jasonl

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2011, 08:20:09 am »
who's on the commitee?

As far as I know , Jim Neal and Derek west , the committee did not exist a week ago .

They were begging for committee members  via facebook on Friday , Monday night I get an e mail saying my application was rejected , because among other reasons , I like LM methods too much .  Also my insurers would not verify my cover , as I would expect , why would my insurers give out information to a 3rd party ?  I forwarded mt cover details which could easily have been asked for.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

derek west

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2011, 08:22:46 am »
i will state now that jim neal is not on the vetting committee all though with his knowledge i would of liked him to be.

jasonl

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2011, 08:28:59 am »
i will state now that jim neal is not on the vetting committee all though with his knowledge i would of liked him to be.

So Derek , how do you explain the statement above by Jim neal ?

"You forgot to mention the broken truckmount sitting on a pallet though!"

which was in your  response to my application , yet 90 minutes after that email from you about my application , either you are lying , or someone on your committee shares information very quickly.

When I bought the TM it was on a pallet , I then fitted it into my van.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Phillip Mold

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2011, 08:38:51 am »
who's on the commitee?

As far as I know , Jim Neal and Derek west , the committee did not exist a week ago .

They were begging for committee members  via facebook on Friday , Monday night I get an e mail saying my application was rejected , because among other reasons , I like LM methods too much .  Also my insurers would not verify my cover , as I would expect , why would my insurers give out information to a 3rd party ?  I forwarded mt cover details which could easily have been asked for.

An interesting and possibly disturbing comment. Without my permission to disclose my Insurers, under the data Protection Act surely would not disclose if I had any cover or link at all.
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

jasonl

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2011, 08:50:09 am »
who's on the commitee?

An interesting and possibly disturbing comment. Without my permission to disclose my Insurers, under the data Protection Act surely would not disclose if I had any cover or link at all.

Exactly , the app form for TACCA  asked for my policy number and insurer , which I gave , next thing I know my application is rejected , and TACCA said that my insurer would not cooperate .

Well done AXA for not sharing my information  with an association with no premises, staff or paid members! 

( I sent a PDF file containing my insurance details to TACCA anyway, which could have been asked for )

Beware of TACCA ,  this is what they claim are the membership criteria

Criteria for joining T.A.C.C.A. are: education, must have at least 2 certificates showing attendance for carpet cleaning education, unless you are ex franchisee/franchisee. Uniformed staff and livered van, all though livered van is not essential. A very professional approach to their work with a friendly attitude to their clients, full insurance and finally, decent equipment to do the job right - a good powered portable or better.

This is not true!!!!!

I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

neil 47

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2011, 09:22:10 am »
Ha so funny , TACCA IS NOT A GOER IF.....................

You have 20 years experience

You have 2 nice twin vac portables

You have 2 nice vans

You have started and sold on 7 successful cc  companies

You have 10 million PL insurance

You have purpose built premises , with a new one under construction

You have no customer complaints

You write on Forums that you like Bonnet methods  

If your face does not fit , guess I am just destined to continue for the next 20 years to crawl around with the rug doctor cowboy crews like I have the past 20 successful years .  ;D

I would not join now  if  they bothered to come and look at my business .
Major fail TACCA  .

sorry you feel that way jason
i was in the process of answering your email, i was going to suggest coming up to see your set up and having a brew so i could confirm your application form was legit
to the committee
, should
i take it that you don't want me to bother now?

Set to fail ,if them working mens committees are anything to go by.  committees dont work, to many personal egos.

As your reply to Jason shows your ego has already kicked in .

Neil
IICRC

derek west

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2011, 10:26:29 am »
i have just spoken to my insurance company for the second time just to confirm we are not doing anything wrong under the data protection act by verifying apllicants insurance. they said (for the second time) we are in our rights to verify insurance policies, all we need from the insurance company is a simple yes or no. the lady who is checking members insurance for TACCA had no problem in confirming my policy was in place and up to date. if any members would like to check this i will gladly email my insurance details so you can verify i have very comprehensive insurance. i was told that some insurance company staff don't know the rules and decline the request, i was advised to just keep trying till you get an employee that actually knows the data protection act and will therefore give confirmation.

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2011, 10:47:52 am »
Re the insurance argument.
a lot of companies we work for ask for our details, insurers etc.
we send everyone a " to whom it may concern letter"
this gives details from our insurers of cover amount, expiry date etc.
Your broker, insurance company will give you one, we photo copy it and send out to all companies, if we didnt we would lose/not get 100k of work a year,

It is normal practice to be asked for your insurance details, anyone could knock up/alter a policy on a computer these days.
 I have joined TACCA. Its free, no brainer really, early days still, but Derek is putting a lot of time and effort into it, when he could be out earning, hat off to the guy.

Andrew

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2011, 11:53:58 am »
Agree with the above post from andrew as we do the same.
If you give the person you are dealing with/ working for your insurance details the insurance company can anwser
 YES OR NO ONLY
 without breaking any data protection act.

Providing they tell your insurers your name, your company name and policy number.

They should not discuss any other issue without your consent. 
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Clare.w

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2011, 12:51:32 pm »
There should be a like button on here....Andrew -like  ;D

(don't think its Derek with the ego problem!!)

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2011, 01:02:45 pm »
If you give the person you are dealing with/ working for your insurance details the insurance company can anwser
 YES OR NO ONLY
 without breaking any data protection act.

Exactly.
Tell you what trying being involved in a RTA and telling the other party or the police, "Sorry data protection i'm not giving you details of my insurance" and see where that gets you. ;D
Or, submit a quote to a commercial job and tipex out relevant details and wonder why you didn't get the job.
Infact there's some muppet on the window cleaning forum who is asking for a copy of anyones insurance document so he can doctor it for his own use :o
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=130706.msg1130681;boardseen#new

fitz2kleen

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2011, 01:55:19 pm »
Finding it hard to understand why declining 1 applicant makes a whole association a NO goer, in my mind it has quite the opposite effect, it's reassuring to know that not just any tom dick or harry can claim to be an 'honest professional' and join an organisation that will endorse the fact that they are 'honest professionals' .
The way i see it , if you apply to be a member and are totally honest in what you say, why would you be so offended at being ask to prove it.
We applied and if needed are more than willing for anyone to come and meet us to verify that what we have said is true.
Far too often associations have criteria which has to be met and when you talk to them and find you are lacking in one aspect or another, then because they are so desperate to get you to sign up they will relax the rules for you anyway.
I say well done TACCA, stick to what you believe in and what you stand for, if somethings not quite right then by all means question it. How else are the public to be protected?

gwrightson

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2011, 02:18:29 pm »
who's on the commitee?

not that i am up on buisness law, but i seem to remember from a few years ago when i was a memeber of a club, certain criteria had to be adhered to,  some thing along the lines of any commitee must be voted on by its members,
members had to be notified of ant meetings, etc and any changes in the rules etc had to be passed voted and passed by its members, along with other practices ,like keeping the minutes of all what is said .
I dare say , any number of other points would also unapparent to the majority of us on here.

Just a thought !!!

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Phillip Mold

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2011, 02:37:44 pm »
I hope, and dare I say assume, that Democracy will come to TACCA, but give it a chance, somebody has to start the ball tolling. All credit to those who have put their heads up over the parapet and pumped in their own time and resources so far.
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Paul Heath

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2011, 03:48:18 pm »
With all this going on.... it shows Derek must be doing it right, if one gets very upset if your application is not approved.
Keep up the good work

Billy Russell

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2011, 04:01:41 pm »
Fitz,

Well said, i couldn't of put it better myself! No Really i couldn't ;D

I also had to apply same as everyone else, i've got no issues with anyone coming along and seeing what i've got or said what i've got!! Anyones more than welcome to pop in my offices for a brew if there passing!!!!

I'm still in the same frame of mind regarding TACCA, it has huge potential and Derek is doing really well and has done really, keep it going!!!!

Paul Heath

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2011, 04:12:56 pm »
"i've got no issues with anyone coming along and seeing what i've got or said what i've got!! "
We have seen what you've got.....i am still getting nightmares of that photo !!! :o