Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Russ Chadd

Re: What van do you own and why?
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 08:26:36 pm »
Just a couple of pics of my vivaro,might help
Gary Bristowclean

Thats a nice setup Gary! must of cost you a few bob!

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 08:52:03 pm »
I run a tm out of my Toyota hiace, lovely van, great runner, similar size to the vw transporters

I'd love a bigger van but I do work for too many agents (student lets) and you can barely get my van down the side streets let alone anything bigger, in fact last week a painter in a peugeot boxer couldn't get down to a property I was working on as there wasn't the space.

Www.2venturegroup.com

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 09:11:44 pm »
Andy, that van served me well, serviced every year and only ever needed tyres.
If Toyota made a decent sized van i would have nothing else.
Many years ago i had a salvage yard, when i sold up i had 15 toyota engines left over that i couldnt sell for 6 year. Sold ford engines every week.

I have a Merc Sprinter 311 lwb   h/maxx 470 fitted
Peugeot 207 (08)  managers van and run around
Peugeot Expert 3 seater for contract cleaners.
Toyota Hiace 3.0 (59)
On look out for a van to run nationally, so wight go for a crew van.

Andrew

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 09:22:36 pm »
Mechanic was gutted when I took it for a service the other week, he was expecting the berlingo (aka money pit)
On top of the service all it needed was a pipe on the brakes, not essential but might as well keep up with it.

;)
Www.2venturegroup.com

garybristow

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2011, 09:29:43 pm »
yes russ,its a prochem blazer tmount,i had a dry cleaning bus before carpet bus ,so i took off all the vinyl signage off of van ,redesigned it and had it re stickered,like having a new van,bloody heavy when fully loaded,it will do for a while
then hoping to get a sprinter ! need more space
gary bristowclean

Linds Russell

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2011, 09:41:59 pm »
55 Reg Citroen Dispatch with 98k miles. In the past year its had a new alternator, clutch, number 1 fuel injector, sump and fuel pipes.

Sounds like loads but didn't cost much due to a decent mechanic with good contacts.

I actually really like the van.

Linds

Linds

Russ Chadd

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 10:48:17 pm »

jasonl

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2011, 10:52:02 pm »
Renault Master Luton Van - for moving furniture and house clearances
Fiat Ducato SWB - Carpet Cleaning Van
Fiat Ducato SWB - Window Cleaning Van
Renault Trafic LWB - Window Cleaning
Vauxhall Vivaro SWB - Window Cleaning
Citroen Berlingo van - Wheelie bin cleaning
Fiat Doblo - Office Cleaning
Citroen Berlingo MPV - Domestic Cleaning
Citroen Berlingo MPV - Run around for various jobs
Skoda Octavia Scout Estate - For when I get time off!!!

Out of the lot the Fiat's have been the least trouble, though I am now looking at changing the carpet cleaning van soon as it's close to 100,000 miles on it

Just shows , a regular poster on here has just had to pay out over 2k on his 2 month out of warranty Fiat ,I would class him as a careful driver who looks after his stuff... all vans a good , all vans have problems
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

clarkson

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2011, 02:36:35 pm »
Been looking at the vivaro, however a good mate of mine who is a mechanic claims that he has a regular customer with one and its given him nothing but grief, the vauxhall is in fact a re badged Renault.
This is a shame because i think the van looks great and you can pick them up for a reasonable price.

hi
i have had a vivaro from new done 92000 without incident?

great van 3 seats, comfortable good drive for its size.

only downside is its a tad thirsty but anything this big is.

cheers

john

Russ Chadd

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2011, 07:36:30 pm »
I wonder if it was just the early vivaro's which had gearbox problems? I would love a transporter... poss one of the best vans on the road.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2011, 08:07:35 pm »
Car valeting friend of mine has a VW Transporter Sport T30 174bhp, had nothing but problems with it since he bought it new two years ago!

SteveTruman

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 07:21:54 pm »
Ive got a Fiat Doblo and its the biggest heap of poop.. Stay clear of Fiats ....

Ian Rochester

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2011, 04:17:29 pm »
Never had any issues with the three we own  :) and all are 5+ years old.

KISS OF DEATH  ;D

John Kelly

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2011, 10:38:10 am »
Think every range of vans has a set of problems which occur regularly just the luck of the draw if your is one of the majority thats ok. Looking through the net the Toyota Hiace always comes out as most reliable, expensive and looks dated.

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2011, 11:17:50 am »
Car valeting friend of mine has a VW Transporter Sport T30 174bhp, had nothing but problems with it since he bought it new two years ago!

VW are a bunch of rip off merchants! Transporter was a good drive but too expensive when it came to their 'hidden costs'!!

Russ Chadd

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2011, 12:59:06 pm »
Its gonna be a VW for me i think.. yer they are expensive but wouldnt you rather pay more for something thats going to hold it money better and is less likely to break down?
Every day your van is off the road in the garage you are losing money, you find loads of them on eBay with loads of miles on the clock still selling for a pretty penny.
I looked at the Vito but are Mercs really all that good? they rot like mad unlike the VW, they do drive very well though so if i can find a good one then its a possibility

jasonl

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2011, 11:11:47 pm »
Russ , check out the BCA auctions at Blackbushe near you , loads of transporters go through there , you will be spoilt for choice and pay well under retail.   I have had a few vans from there , they are well described and graded so you can be sure what you are getting.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings