Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: still can't discuss things
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 04:04:16 pm »
What a mature, moderate attitude to take !

I wouldn't give you the satisfaction by deleting my account - you started this nonsense by locking a perfectly harmless thread.

Be careful what you wish for, already a great number of experienced carpet cleaners don't bother with this forum.

good post Steve

Mike Halliday

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 04:06:01 pm »
hector no point starting a poll, some think we have, some think we haven't...... it will serve no purpose apart from fueling the ill feelings that has been created.

the best thing is to just to agree to disagree and get on with doing what we should be doing.... discussing carpet cleaning,
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 04:10:38 pm »
Steve, you posted as I was typing, i guess you are referring to my mass resignation sentence, this was said tongue in cheek, do you think I really want anyone to resign their membership? to be truthful I think the deletion of the cleaners mate topic was questionable but we have 3 independent mods who take action as they see fit...... we don't have to agree with it but its how the forum is ran.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 04:10:57 pm »
Fair enough Mike.

How is your application with the diplomatic corps of the UN??

should be a breeze after today....   ;D ;D

richy27

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 04:20:28 pm »
why is it this forum has so much confrontation most of which is started by people who dont use their real name dont think i have ever seen moderators having to get involved on other forums they seem to self police themselves.

i am starting to post less and less on here now as it seems to be the same old sh** all the time . 

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 04:24:14 pm »
i am starting to post less and less on here now as it seems to be the same old sh** all the time .

well don't post the same old sh** all the time then     ;D ;D

cozy

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 04:26:24 pm »
Speaking from the dark side of this forum, (The window licking section  ;D ) I can honestly say that being a regular poster on there, I got bored answering the same old questions all the time and watching the same old moans and topics week in, week out. IMO, the main reason "Older posters" don't come onto any section is boredom with the same old stuff.

I've seen window cleaners come over here and ask the same old question nearly every week. "Thinking of having CC as an add on" blah blah. Most of you can't be bothered to answer, and I don't blame you. Moderators have slapped a 7 day ban on me for being naughty and childish (In their opinion) and that happens when they think the forum could be dragged down or damaged. That's their job. Some can do the job well.............

Sometimes they will delete or lock threads and posts and upset some of us. So what? Just start another thread and modify it. In other words, it's their train set, and they run it as best they can. Nobody is perfect, just accept that they make mistakes.

Having said that, a moderator that says "If you don't like it, cancel your account" may one day regret typing that. The tone of a forum is made by the people who run it. 20,000 members is no so great if only 25 bother posting. Arrogance isn't a sign of a good moderator.

By the way, people like myself, who use a nickname, aren't hiding if we put our details on our profile. If you know how to look at a persons profile, you will see my tel number, web address and full name.

In a forum, it doesn't matter what nick name you use, as long as you don't try to hide IMO.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 04:27:16 pm »
Hi Guys

The  real names thing is something all the moderators would like to see implemented as there is no doubt almost all the mischief comes from people posting under psuedonyms.

It is down to Mike Boxall in the end and would be difficult to implement.

Until then we will continue to do the best we can with what we have.

It's also worth bearing in mind no one gets suspended for one childish or inflammatory post, it is always a build up.

Cheers

Doug

cozy

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 04:28:18 pm »
why is it this forum has so much confrontation most of which is started by people who dont use their real name dont think i have ever seen moderators having to get involved on other forums they seem to self police themselves.

The main reason the other forums police themselves is because they are dull and have very few posters and threads. This forum rocks and that means people happy and unhappy. People that don't like this place wont use it. Simple as that.

cozy

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 04:30:07 pm »
Oh , forgot to say, kindest regards, Richard Powell.  ;D

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2011, 04:33:01 pm »

The main reason the other forums police themselves is because they are dull and have very few posters and threads. This forum rocks and that means people happy and unhappy. People that don't like this place wont use it. Simple as that.

I agree Cozy, this is (used to be) the fun forum and yet informative at the same time.

The other channel is good for technical info but not for the fun.....

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2011, 04:34:14 pm »
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
see         FUN

cozy

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2011, 04:43:58 pm »

well don't post the same old sh** all the time then     ;D ;D

Now look what you've done!!!

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2011, 04:46:36 pm »
sense of humour failure alert     :P

Steve Gunn

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2011, 04:48:01 pm »
There lies the problem 3 moderators all with different views,1 with an itchy finger who cannot wait to delete/lock posts,1 whose tongue in cheek quotes can be taken differently by different people,then 1 who is the voice of reason.

While I appreciate the difficult job they have and cannot spend 24hrs a day on here moderating hence the reason for 3 I guess but they all don't seem to sing from the same song sheet. Ultimately issues should be addressed to Mike Boxall its his forum

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2011, 04:48:21 pm »
and he did leave himself wide open for that one

8) 8)

cozy

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2011, 04:51:53 pm »
There lies the problem 3 moderators all with different views,1 with an itchy finger who cannot wait to delete/lock posts,1 whose tongue in cheek quotes can be taken differently by different people,then 1 who is the voice of reason.

While I appreciate the difficult job they have and cannot spend 24hrs a day on here moderating hence the reason for 3 I guess but they all don't seem to sing from the same song sheet. Ultimately issues should be addressed to Mike Boxall its his forum

But that defeats the object of having mods. If Make Boxall has to sort every issue out himself, he would have to put hours into a bloody forum. People are people, and 3 people will never see everything in the same light. When all's said and done, it's not life and death. Sod it. I'd make a great mod, pass me a hammer!!!  ;D

Sharon Gerrard

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2011, 05:03:41 pm »
I certainly wood

As Mike says if you do not like it walk
Ian,
What incredible arrogance.
If I were you I'd speak to the forum owners who may take objection to you getting rid of some of it's biggest contributors. You might be happy to have people walk, but will the owners be as happy if the advertisers do likewise because you've ruined the place by stifling quite legitimate debate, the very stuff of forums, if you kill that you kill the reason for anyone to log on. I think you are acting way beyond your authority and if you don't mind me saying so making yourself look a rather silly.
Sharon
Sharon Gerrard
email: sharon.gerrard@blueyonder.co.uk

Colin Day

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2011, 05:33:46 pm »
To be fair Sharon, Simon could sail close to the wind as most of us can, difference being though, most of us know when to wind our necks in.

I'm not having a dig at Simon because some of his posts were spot on, though I always vowed never to get into another argument with him ever again, because he is like a dog with a bone. ;D

I dunno what has gone on leading up to Simon's departure, but it's obvious that at some time or other, a good few CIU members lock horns with a Moderator. I suppose it's human nature.

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2011, 05:39:23 pm »
he will be back Colin in 7 days......