Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: chasing payment
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2011, 04:47:15 pm »

hi guys

i did a job in january for a well known member of this forum.. the bill was around £800. i have spent the last few months chasing/calling him... my calls are not being returned.

i have been quite reasonable and patient but now its not funny... its been 8MONTHS

i dont know how  to continue pursuing this issue...

i hope by posting here it may put a rocket up his a$$.... you know who u are!!!!

we all seem to have drifted off the original point here, Spindle did a job for a member of this forum and said member had been ignoring him to the tune of 8 months............

I would name the said member and then take him to court..........

you cannot be sued for libel if the statement is the truth.....

how would you feel if you did not name him and one of us did some work and did not get paid, and you could have prevented it.....

Mike Halliday

« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2011, 04:58:53 pm »
hector, he has already said he will not name the person on any forum, which begs the questions..... why start the topic in the first place?,

quote: 'i hope by posting here it may put a rocket up his a$$'..... yep that rocket is well inserted ;)

now threaten to name him and you can light the touchpaper
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2011, 07:05:18 pm »
 ;D ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2011, 07:19:01 pm »
There seems to be an astonishing level of loyalty displayed towards someone who has ripped off a fellow member to the tune of £800. He clearly doesn't value his credibility otherwise he would have been in touch with spindle to come to some arrangement and remove the risk of him being name and shamed.

Tony Rowley

« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2011, 08:04:03 pm »
I know this is off the topic (as is a lot of stuff on this thread) but, and i dont think all the critisism levelled at Jasonl is justified, but why the hell would someone who can basically write off £21k of unpaid invoices in a year be in a situation where they think doing a Groupon deal would be a goer, not that im shooting the idea to pieces it just strikes me as a bit odd. And the fact that he can let that money go would make me very wary to work for him on a "i'll pay you when i get payed" basis, given on the information he may never get payed!!!!

I would say that from my point of view the longer you wait for payment the less the money is worth.

IMO the person involved should be named and shamed to stop anyone else being stitched.

Tony

Glynn

« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2011, 08:15:29 pm »
I agree, name n shame.

Someone start a new topic " who it isn't ".
Regards
Glynn

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2011, 08:51:33 pm »
I know this is off the topic (as is a lot of stuff on this thread) but, and i dont think all the critisism levelled at Jasonl is justified, but why the hell would someone who can basically write off £21k of unpaid invoices in a year be in a situation where they think doing a Groupon deal would be a goer, not that im shooting the idea to pieces it just strikes me as a bit odd. And the fact that he can let that money go would make me very wary to work for him on a "i'll pay you when i get payed" basis, given on the information he may never get payed!!!!

I would say that from my point of view the longer you wait for payment the less the money is worth.

And if he can let £21k go why can't he pay the the £1,500 he owes other members.
As for group on.............. ;D
IMO the person involved should be named and shamed to stop anyone else being stitched.

Tony

Matt Lindus

« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2011, 08:19:01 pm »
These are big sums for carpet cleaners. I thought you were all £50 job men.

Clare.w

« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2011, 08:26:29 pm »
That's what I thought! I got all excited about how much we could earn!! ;D

Helen

« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2011, 07:51:21 am »
These are big sums for carpet cleaners. I thought you were all £50 job men.
It's not just carpet cleaning :)

Len Gribble

« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2011, 07:05:15 pm »
Chris

Have you received payment? Or a promise
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

jasonl

« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2011, 02:24:29 pm »
Its not me by the way ;D

I keep in contact with the people I sub work to , and have had the arrangement in place for several years in some cases.

If people do not wish to do they work they can always say no.

I am not sat on a pile of cash while withholding payments , I pay when paid , it is a simple  concept , and the only downside of doing the more lucrative commercial disaster restoration work with long supply chains .

Sorry if anyone is offended by this .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2011, 10:56:12 pm »
Did you watch last weeks Undercover Boss USA . It was about the boss of Bafour? The worlds largest disaster restoration company forgoing his executive jet and going under cover.

It makes you appreciate how complex this work is

wynne jones

« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2011, 11:20:27 pm »
I saw it Ian, was channel hopping and saw some old guy crying and taking off a wig in front of a butch female with a truckmount. They were treating them like dogs, but that's employment for you.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

spindle

« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2011, 10:47:21 pm »
Just an update .. The said member has been in touch.... Told me they would sort something out by end of September .... Well it's now nearly end of October ... And NOTHING!!!

life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

Tony Rowley

« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2011, 12:01:32 am »
The person involved obviously does not give a rats arse and you  should out him because he is making you look like a mug!

Tony