This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

oliver collins

Re: SLX Clamps - enough is enough
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2011, 09:54:47 pm »
Hi Guys

This issue should be delt with privately not for the world and his wife to comment on,

Come on be proffessional.

Sorry but would you like one of your custoemers complaining to all of your potential custoermers.

Oliver Collins Rise & Shine Cleaning  ::) ::) ::)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2011, 09:56:37 pm »
Alex, I could indeed have contacted you directly about this but if publicity is what it takes to actually get the issue taken seriously and resolved, so be it.

What makes you think the issue wouldn't have been taken seriously without publicity?

Matt,

I know you have some kind of problem with me so I normally ignore your posts but you have excelled yourself here.

Can you see the words after "seriously"?  I'll give you a clue.  They are "and resolved".

It's not resolved, despite plenty of posts on here and calls from me to Gardiners.

Now go away and make a pointless comment on someone else's thread - you're boring me.

Vin

I do not want to butt into any issue between Matt and you. However Vin, this is the first time you have mentioned any of this to me - You have my email address and you have often contacted me for advice about your business and equipment. You emailed me just 6 days ago about systems and this clamp problem was not raised with me at all. I can only help with issues that I know about. I think that you know me well enough to know that I would help you out in any way I could.

If anyone needs a specific issue sorting out then please email me on alex@agardiner.co.uk.

I assure you that we do take such quality issues very seriously and much time has been spent over the last few months ensuring that these problems do not occur. Whilst the % occurrences of recent months have been even less than previously, occasions like this have highlighted to us that more was needed. When an issue occurs not only does it cause our customers hassle and stress, which they do not need, but it also troubles us greatly - I do not like the thought that our clients have been let down. Because of all these reasons we have gone over this gluing process with a  fine tooth comb and invested heavily in new processes and high-specification glues to eliminate these issues.

Once again if anyone has an issue contact either myself or the Office and we will attempt to sort this out as efficiently as possible.

Alex,

This is every single clamp on a pole.  It's from your latest batch.

I called your office and they offered me some glue.

Vin

You have obviously received a pole that had not had the correct glue treatment, in that all 3 clamps have now failed progressively in use. It was not from our latest batches of poles as we had a large stock of SLX18s in and have not had new stocks of these for about 5 months. We are currently awaiting the latest SLX18s back in as we are out of stock of them now.

Offering a gluing kit often provides the quickest and simplest option for clients to rectify the issue with a minimum of down time -which is why we do this. If this is not suitable for clients then there are other options that can be offered.

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2011, 10:02:13 pm »
I might be wrong but I can see a problem when gluing clamps on to a carbon pole, as getting glue that would attract to carbon fibre and the plastic of which the clamps are made off could be a very challenging problem. I build a few ocean going yachts and bonding is not as easy as one thinks. If this is the case I think the problem must be solved  in the design of the clamp as I would think bonding on to carbon pole would easer .
If you made 2 circular groves , moulded in to inside clamp and 2 vertical groves inside the clamp these would work as keys for glue which can bond  to the carbon pole easer. I feel this could solve this problem forever. The gluing   adhesion  properties of glues is not the same to all material.

H S and Son

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2011, 10:04:13 pm »
Alex, I could indeed have contacted you directly about this but if publicity is what it takes to actually get the issue taken seriously and resolved, so be it.

What makes you think the issue wouldn't have been taken seriously without publicity?

Matt,

I know you have some kind of problem with me so I normally ignore your posts but you have excelled yourself here.

Can you see the words after "seriously"?  I'll give you a clue.  They are "and resolved".

It's not resolved, despite plenty of posts on here and calls from me to Gardiners.

Now go away and make a pointless comment on someone else's thread - you're boring me.

Vin

Steady on Tiger. only trying to help  

You need to mention it to Alex, he's a top bloke and supplier. Faultless. Stop complaining you big girls blouse  ;D

Perfect Windows

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2011, 10:40:53 pm »

I do not want to butt into any issue between Matt and you. However Vin, this is the first time you have mentioned any of this to me - You have my email address and you have often contacted me for advice about your business and equipment. You emailed me just 6 days ago about systems and this clamp problem was not raised with me at all. I can only help with issues that I know about. I think that you know me well enough to know that I would help you out in any way I could.

Alex,

Vin

You have obviously received a pole that had not had the correct glue treatment, in that all 3 clamps have now failed progressively in use. It was not from our latest batches of poles as we had a large stock of SLX18s in and have not had new stocks of these for about 5 months. We are currently awaiting the latest SLX18s back in as we are out of stock of them now.

Offering a gluing kit often provides the quickest and simplest option for clients to rectify the issue with a minimum of down time -which is why we do this. If this is not suitable for clients then there are other options that can be offered.

As regards the batch issue I was going on what your staff told me; it was their explanation for the time I had to wait for delivery.  On that basis I assumed it was a new model.

I didn't bring it up when I last emailed you because I hadn't wasted half a day dealing with it as I have today.

Take off brush.
Strip pole down and clean.
Prepare and repair clamp number 3.
Replace clamp number 2 (which snapped in two earlier in the week)
Wait 2 hours for glue to go off.
Put pole back together.
Put brush back on.
Top clamp comes off as I put the brush on.

Repeat the whole rotten, sodding process.

I have better things to do with my Sundays.

I really do hope the new ones are better for your business's sake.

Vin

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2011, 10:51:38 pm »
I have replied to your email version of this post via email.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2011, 11:33:35 pm »

Alex,

Vin

As regards the batch issue I was going on what your staff told me; it was their explanation for the time I had to wait for delivery.  On that basis I assumed it was a new model.

I didn't bring it up when I last emailed you because I hadn't wasted half a day dealing with it as I have today.

Take off brush.
Strip pole down and clean.
Prepare and repair clamp number 3.
Replace clamp number 2 (which snapped in two earlier in the week)
Wait 2 hours for glue to go off.
Put pole back together.
Put brush back on.
Top clamp comes off as I put the brush on.

Repeat the whole rotten, sodding process.

I have better things to do with my Sundays.

I really do hope the new ones are better for your business's sake.

Vin

Good advice form a sole trading window cleaner of 15 months! ;D ;D

I hope for your sake that you never come across any real problems! ;D

Dave71

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2011, 11:38:14 pm »
Have same problem since bought pole, lost a lot of work time due to fixing the pole