This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom White

Re: Today I Will Make A Difference !
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 12:16:31 am »
Time is only perceived as a precious commodity by those that fear death.

I disagree with this, but agree with the rest of your post; I've done the suggestions too. 

But time can be perceived as precious by those who realise they're going to die, and that doesn't necessarily mean frightened of the event.

Dave.

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2011, 12:31:22 am »
Try watching or reading 'the secret', followed by reading some Napoleon Hill - think and grow rich, then perhaps some 'How to win friends and influence people' - that sh!t works.

But so does the red wine :P

H S and Son

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2011, 12:37:34 am »
This is a positive affirmation by Max Lucado. I think we all probably have positive affirmations of one sort or another even without realising we do.

I live by them but dont try to enforce them upon others, I think thats where it gets a little hypocritical, afterall allowing others to live as they choose without them having to 'swallow' someone elses mantras is a positive affirmation in itself.

aztec

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2011, 06:32:09 am »
why are some jehovas witnesses window cleaners?

Dave Willis

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2011, 07:05:42 am »
Gives you more time to read books and make up really deep stuff that normal people can't be bothered to read  :)

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2011, 08:54:08 am »
hydrophl  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.

everytime boshravie quotes something he thinks we all havent read motivational and deep stuff ourselves and that we re all just poor misguided fools!

i have good orderly direction through staying sober and the 12 steps of recovery.i find trying for a bit of spirituality in my life is a good wholesome tonic for my soul and blasts my so called problems out of the water and gives me inner strength,deeper insight and peace even if its only fleeting.it fills me up with greater love of all living things.

i do think that for most of us this spirituality is "hidden" because we dont try enough prayer and meditation and thinking of others but its progress not perfection!

when i try i get some results.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2011, 09:27:21 am »
that is awesome mate. we need more of you in this world friend!

GB

p.s read "the power of now"  ;)

cozy

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2011, 09:37:59 am »
This has all gone Amway!!! All those books!!!

Tom White

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2011, 10:33:37 am »
p.s read "the power of now"  ;)

That's so 'yesturday'.

I'm so Zen, I make the Power of Now look like the Power of Then. ;D

Anyway, Tolle teaches aspects Boodism, but just doesn't call it that.

boshravie

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2011, 10:08:39 pm »
Many thanks for your comments, its interesting 295 views and 28 comments.  :)

In fact those are the words of this guy, interesting guy.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRgt0gMkOnM

Tom White

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2011, 11:39:23 pm »
Did you think of onions, Bosh?  ;D

Poles R Us

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2011, 07:12:17 am »
Today I will make a difference. I will begin by controlling my thoughts. A person is the product of his thoughts. I want to be happy and hopeful. Therefore, I will have thoughts that are happy and hopeful. I refuse to be victimized by my circumstances. I will not let petty inconveniences such as stoplights, long lines, and traffic jams be my masters. I will avoid negativism and gossip. Optimism will be my companion, and victory will be my hallmark. Today I will make a difference.
I will be grateful for the twenty-four hours that are before me. Time is a precious commodity. I refuse to allow what little time I have to be contaminated by self-pity, anxiety, or boredom. I will face this day with the joy of a child and the courage of a giant. I will drink each minute as though it is my last. When tomorrow comes, today will be gone forever. While it is here, I will use it for loving and giving. Today I will make a difference.
I will not let past failures haunt me. Even though my life is scarred with mistakes, I refuse to rummage through my trash heap of failures. I will admit them. I will correct them. I will press on. Victoriously. No failure is fatal. It's OK to stumble...I will get up. It's OK to fail...I will rise again. Today I will make a difference.
I will spend time with those I love. My spouse, my children, my family. A man can own the world but be poor for the lack of love. A man can own nothing and yet be wealthy in relationships. Today I will spend at least five minutes with the significant people in my world. Five quality minutes of talking or hugging or thanking or listening. Five undiluted minutes with my mate, children, and friends.

Today I will make a difference.

Can you make a difference today?  :)

you bin talkin to tosh

Tom White

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2011, 11:09:15 am »
Today I will make a difference. I will begin by controlling my thoughts. A person is the product of his thoughts. I want to be happy and hopeful. Therefore, I will have thoughts that are happy and hopeful. I refuse to be victimized by my circumstances. I will not let petty inconveniences such as stoplights, long lines, and traffic jams be my masters. I will avoid negativism and gossip. Optimism will be my companion, and victory will be my hallmark. Today I will make a difference.
I will be grateful for the twenty-four hours that are before me. Time is a precious commodity. I refuse to allow what little time I have to be contaminated by self-pity, anxiety, or boredom. I will face this day with the joy of a child and the courage of a giant. I will drink each minute as though it is my last. When tomorrow comes, today will be gone forever. While it is here, I will use it for loving and giving. Today I will make a difference.
I will not let past failures haunt me. Even though my life is scarred with mistakes, I refuse to rummage through my trash heap of failures. I will admit them. I will correct them. I will press on. Victoriously. No failure is fatal. It's OK to stumble...I will get up. It's OK to fail...I will rise again. Today I will make a difference.
I will spend time with those I love. My spouse, my children, my family. A man can own the world but be poor for the lack of love. A man can own nothing and yet be wealthy in relationships. Today I will spend at least five minutes with the significant people in my world. Five quality minutes of talking or hugging or thanking or listening. Five undiluted minutes with my mate, children, and friends.

Today I will make a difference.

Can you make a difference today?  :)

you bin talkin to tosh

I'm not into the American motivational stuff, matey.