This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Scoop

Re: Starting a basic wheely bin cleaning service
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 11:39:41 pm »
You can't flush waste water down the drain.
Yet how much oil from cars and dog crap goes
down and probably a lot of other things.
Oh and carpet cleaners waste!!!

John

Very true John. But very unlikely that a private individual would ever be prosecuted. In fact I don't know if any prosecutions have ever been brought.

Wheelie bin waste water is sensitive because of the germs that they harbour - potentially chucking salmonella, e-coli, chlostridium etc into the surface water drains, which in turn flow into the streams and rivers. But many individuals do it and I suppose they could argue that there isn't much choice, apart from pay for a bin cleaner which most don't want to do. I've tried the 'environmentally friendly' approach on the door but very few care. Round here if it's a choice between a bin clean or an extra Smirnoff Ice on Saturday night I lose every time  :(

Dave, you're probably right about the bin belonging to the property but I would guess that the Council would quickly take exception to bin cleaners drilling holes in the bins. I think the punters might too. It's a shame because it would make my life a lot easier. Interesting to see that wheelie bins get used for a lot of things though. Go-Karts, handy bench to saw logs, compost bins, anvil, barbeque beer chiller, lethal weapon. They've become quite iconic  :)
Don't wish it were easier. Wish that you were better - Jim Rohn

mike roberts

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 10:11:27 am »
Ryan

I have a complete recycle trailer system for sale if you are interested?

Nick

Interested in the trailer .. if it is still available  ??? ... make / model / pics
Can you email me details

Cheers Mike

Cleaning22

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2021, 11:43:20 am »
I think its possible to start a bin cleaning company for a lot less than £8k. My advice to you is to shop around and research before you commit.

Ramon
www.dreamingclean.com
[/quote

Can you help I am looking to buy Or have put on my own pickup
Vehicle Mounted Wheelie Bin Washer

Bin Juice

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2021, 11:15:12 pm »
Anyone interested in building a budget wheelie bin cleaning unit ,can use a 1000litre ibc tank as the cleaning booth with a section cut out the back end  large enough to take a 240 litre wheelie bin .sit this on top of a 400 litre flat  tank which can collect the waste water and another 400 litre upright tank for clean water to feed your pressure washer . you could use 1 tank and filter/recycle the water . i was doing about  65 bins average each day   set up in a citroen dispatch .

Smudger

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2021, 12:49:01 pm »
What did you charge per bin

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk