This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Purecleanplus

Angry window cleaner!
« on: May 14, 2011, 01:49:34 pm »
I've had a few thousand leaflets dropped this last week, very basic format. So far I'm getting a better than expected return, especially in an area with alot of other windies. I know most of these guys and one or two have been in touch to check it was me. They've not really lost any work so no aggro. Apart from one brave window cleaner who called me up yesterday.
This brave guy, and I hope he is on here reading this, left me an amazing message explaining to me the finer details of how a certain area (though he won't tell me where) is his in no uncertain terms, that he (though he doesn't tell me who he is) cleans here so how dare I try to get work there (where?), so he is phoning (though he doesn't use his number) to put me straight, that he knows where I live now (but won't tell me where he lives), that he's coming straight round to sort me (still waiting) because I must be soft (as he's 'ard).
I know we need to protect our businesses, but is this the way to do it? I don't directly quote against others, I look for people without windies, all my new business is this. Anyway, it made me laugh, and I'm toying with the idea of putting it on Youtube.
Any similar experiences?
As a comparison, I lived and worked in Ireland for a few years, when I went up against another established guy, a tough Donegal bloke, he came round to see me. He told me he had most of the houses in a certain area, but told me of other areas he thought people were looking for a cleaner. From this I built up a decent round quite quickly.

cozy

Re: Angry window cleaner!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 01:52:25 pm »
Sounds funny, Youtube it for a laugh. ;D Most of us have had something like this at some time or other. I love it!

Mike_G

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 02:07:00 pm »
It happens but I doubt anyone will pay you a visit

Tom White

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 02:08:19 pm »
Sounds funny, Youtube it for a laugh. ;D Most of us have had something like this at some time or other. I love it!

Yeh, youtube it!  That's a great idea!  :D

EandM

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 02:27:43 pm »
Sounds like a caller with an overinflated sense of his own importance.

Woolton Windows

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 03:34:37 pm »
I'll be looking forward to when a disgruntled window cleaner pops round my house, I do kickboxing 3 times a week.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 03:50:33 pm »
I'll be looking forward to when a disgruntled window cleaner pops round my house, I do kickboxing 3 times a week.

3 in 7 chance you'll be out then, phew! ;)
It's a game of three halves!

Steve_c

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 04:01:40 pm »
Its just another dole cheat mate.

Tom White

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 04:04:37 pm »

Kick boxing is for Woolton Woofters.  Do a real man's sport mate, not all that prancing about a ring pretending to be 'ard!  ::)

Woolton Windows

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 04:06:17 pm »

3 in 7 chance you'll be out then, phew! ;)

LOL, true! Probably for the bast. I hate arrogant tosser's who think they can do things like this. Who give them the right to "own" a patch? Nothing wrong with good old competition! If your good you'll get the custies.

Woolton Windows

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 04:08:32 pm »

Kick boxing is for Woolton Woofters.  Do a real man's sport mate, not all that prancing about a ring pretending to be 'ard!  ::)

hahaha! It's just to keep fit really, may be I should start an arm wrestling team up? What about tug of war?? GRRRRRR

boldy1304

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 04:13:59 pm »
I COULD DO WITH A CHUCKLE YOU TUBE IT  ;) ;D

Tom White

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 04:15:35 pm »

hahaha! It's just to keep fit really, may be I should start an arm wrestling team up? What about tug of war?? GRRRRRR

You took that in good humour.  I was hoping I could wind you up and have an 'Angry Window Cleaner' as per the title of this post.

As for tug-of-war, that's pure pain and possibly one of the toughest sports I've ever participated in.  It's prolonged sheer-agony.

I'm too old for it now; my piles would explode if I did that now.  ;D

Woolton Windows

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 04:22:23 pm »

You took that in good humour.  I was hoping I could wind you up and have an 'Angry Window Cleaner' as per the title of this post.

As for tug-of-war, that's pure pain and possibly one of the toughest sports I've ever participated in.  It's prolonged sheer-agony.

I'm used to people taking the pee out of me! You have definitely put me off tug-of-war for ever!

sandy

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 05:21:32 pm »
report this to the police asap what does he mean when he is coming round to the house is this going to be during the night with a can of petrol  get him reported now does he think he is the god farther

Frankybadboy

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 05:52:26 pm »

I'm used to people taking the pee out of me! You have definitely put me off tug-of-war for ever!
Tosh is used to having the p taken out of him regualy,you seen how bloody ugly he is ;D :P

taylored

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 10:53:18 pm »
i have had a call this week, no name, no number and no work i bet

Tom White

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 10:57:06 pm »
Tosh is used to having the p taken out of him regualy,you seen how bloody ugly he is ;D :P

The next time I see your van at a race, I won't ring the number to say 'ello, I'll let one of your ruddy tyres down.
 ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 05:49:28 am »

The next time I see your van at a race, I won't ring the number to say 'ello, I'll let one of your ruddy tyres down.
 ;D

that be the only thing to go down on me then ;D ;D ;D ;D

love you tosh :-*